The Beginning

I sat in class, taking notes as the teacher spoke. I looked around at the people around me. Some were passing notes. Others were whispering to each other. A lot had changed since starting Junior High. Things were so much easier before then. It used to be, that I was the center of attention.

My name is Y/N L/N. And in this world of quirks, my quirk is called, 'Refill'. Sounds pretty unusual, huh? That's what I'm told by pretty much everyone whenever I tell them the name of my quirk. But as a kid, that didn't last long. Once I showed off my quirk, I was good as gold. To put it simply, my quirk works like this: Any space that has ever been occupied by any solid, liquid, gas, or energy, I can refill at will. There were different theories as to how it worked.

My quirk might sound weird, but think of all the potential uses for it. Refilling: drinks, gas tanks, the money in my wallet, my phone battery, ammo in a gun, the ink in my pens, the food in my refrigerator, the uranium in a nuclear freaking reactor! There's so much potential!

Needless to say, I was very popular before Junior High. I always had people coming up to me asking me to refill something for them. I was kind of the class helper, the class clown, and the popular kid all in one. Then I started Junior High... From then on, I was old news. My quirk was disregarded by nearly everyone. It wasn't 'Hero Material'. People would really only come up to me to jokingly ask me to refill their phone's battery. I became a joke. Really, the only person who was treated worse than me, was Izuku Midoriya. We met our first year of Junior High. We were in the same class almost every year from then on. As the two black sheep of our class, we naturally became good friends.

We're now in our last year of Junior High. We lived in the same apartment complex, so we walked home together. "Look man, you can't let what Bakugo says get to you." I said. Midoriya continued to walk with his head down.

"But he wasn't really wrong, Y/N. I AM quirkless. What can I do? How am I supposed to be a Hero?" Midoriya said, tearing up.

"He also called ME a reject. Let me tell you something, man. There IS something we can do. Both of us. It's not about having some-some overwhelming power. Okay? It's about the skills you develop and the effort that you put forward." I explained. Midoriya looked at me and then at his journal. I knew for a fact it was full of details about different Heroes and their quirks. Actually, not just Heroes, but our classmates too.

"It's all about the effort..." Midoriya mumbled.

"Hey, while you've got that journal out, there's something else I want to tell you about my quirk." I said. Midoriya turned to face me.

"What? Really, Y/N? I thought you pretty much had your quirk all figured out?" Midoriya asked.

"You could say I've been abusing my quirk the past few years. You know how I always skip lunch, and study instead?" I asked.

"Yeah, what about it, Y/N?" Midoriya asked.

"Well, there's an explanation for that. The first year of Junior High, I figured out that I could use my quirk to refill the contents of my stomach. That way, I don't need to take any time out of my day to eat. I can study or train instead." I explained. Midoriya's eyes widened in realization.

"I always wondered how you always skipped lunch and never managed to loose any weight! That's so cool. Wait...Couldn't it work the same way for water?" Midoriya wondered.

"Yeah, I've hardly eaten or drank anything over the past couple of years. I've just been continuously refilling the food and water in my body. Then I use that time to study or train. And get this, the meal I've been refilling in my stomach is one of perfect quality and balance. That's how I've gained all this weight. It's pure muscle!" I yelled, fired up. I was noticeably bulkier than Midoriya. He still held the weak physique that we both had when we met. And speaking of Midoriya, he looked like he was about to be sick.