Sports Festival: Tournament Part 1

Shortly after my team came in second in the Cavalry Battle, I had gone to the infirmary for some much-needed sleep. Or to be specific, I had been almost carried to the infirmary. The major use of my quirk had left me mentally exhausted. Anyway, a fair amount of time had passed since then. I was awoken by Midoriya. He informed me on the Tournament, so far. He said that he had defeated a guy named Shinso, Todoroki had defeated Sero, and a girl named Shiozaki had defeated Kaminari. Evidently, Iida and I were scheduled to battle next, if I could participate, that is. I stood up from the bed and stretched.

"Of course, I can participate! I've had my nap, so now I'm set for battle!" I declared, confidently. I quickly downed an energy drink Midoriya had brought to me, just to be safe. I was immediately called out to, upon stepping out to the hall. It was the Pro Hero and UA teacher, Snipe.

"Y/N L/N!" Snipe yelled. Midoriya and I turned to face him.

"Mr. Snipe?" Midoriya said, surprised.

"Yeah, I know, Teach. I'm due for battle. I was just heading there..." I began.

"No, no, no. I've got something for you." Snipe said. He opened a case he was carrying. Inside were my two pistols, as well as my shoulder holsters. Mine and Midoriya's eyes widened in surprise.

"My pistols? What are you bringing me these for?" I asked, confused. I took one from the case and examined the magazine and the gun itself.

"It took some time, but they finally got approved as your Support Gear. I pulled some strings for you, from one gunslinger to another." Snipe said, kindly.

"Seriously?! I can use my guns in the Tournament?! Yes!" I shouted, thrilled. I quickly put on my shoulder holsters and placed the pistols in them, under my arms. "What about my shock gloves?" I asked.

"I'm sorry. We can't have you loaded up with Support Gear in the Tournament. It was either these or the gloves, and I figured these would serve you better." Snipe explained.

"Thank you, sir. Truly." I said, gratefully.

"A word of advice, kid: There isn't much love towards gunslinging Heroes. At least not in Japan. Hell, there's pretty much just been Lady Nagant and then me. And believe me, if you want the respect and trust of the public, you gotta work extra hard for it." Snipe said, seriously.

"So, same as usual, really. I already have to work extra hard." I replied, sarcastically. Then I left Snipe and Midoriya behind and headed out to the arena.

"Alright, everyone! It's finally the next battle of the Tournament! This time it's between Tenya Iida and Y/N L/N!" Present Mic yelled, over the loudspeaker. As he said that, Iida and I walked up on the arena stage, from different sides. I noticed some negative background chatter regarding my possession of two pistols, but I just ignored it.

"Let the battle begin!" Midnight declared, waving a hand. With that, Iida took off like a hyper car. I knew that my best chance against Iida would be to try and predict his fighting style. It was my only option, what with the massive speed gap between us. So, as soon as he started moving, I dodged left, causing him to just miss grabbing me.

'Oh, man! That was way to close! If he manages to grab me, he'll just move me out of bounds!' I thought, nervously. For a good few minutes, I focused on dodging and studying Iida's movements. I never went on the offensive. Once I'd seen enough, I drew my two pistols, having one in each hand. Then I aimed my guns in completely different directions and begin firing rapid shots from both. Iida dodged under one of my shots, sliding on the ground. With his momentum lost, I had him trapped. I shot all around him. Iida bobbed and weaved a bit before he started taking lots of hits. Then I had him on the ground, simply pelting him with my non-lethal rounds. He finally couldn't take it anymore and let out a pained scream.