Secrets

(Heads up, readers: I'm gonna try my hand at introducing some romance. I promise, it won't have a big impact on the story.)

I soared through the air from surface to surface. No end was in sight to the marvelous momentum I had built. I was first place in the race to All Might and it wasn't even close. With my new support gear, I was way more agile. Most obstacles didn't even apply to me, unless they were great big in size.

"No one but Mei has seen this gear in action. I wonder what everybody's thinking watching me right now." I said, smiling. It was amazing what I was feeling. The wind in my face, the rush you get while running...all amplified from knowing that it was my own doing. I could feel this way because of my own ideas and hard work. After a short while, I had found All Might and came in first place for my group. From there, I had to wait for the others. After me was; Yaoyorozu, then Kirishima, followed by Tokoyami and finally Kaminari. Yaoyorozu had used her quirk to make some kind of transportation, allowing her to come in second.

"Finish!" All Might yelled. We all stood shoulder to shoulder. I crossed my arms with a big grin on my face. "You all did great. Apply that same effort to the final exams. Next team, enter the race area!" All Might said. My group started back to the spectator area, where most of the class was.

"Dude! What was up with you today?! That was awesome!" Kirishima laughed.

"(chuckles) Yeah, pretty cool, huh?" I replied.

"I couldn't help but notice you have some new support gear." Yaoyorozu commented. She looked down to my new boots.

"Oh is that how you did it? I was so surprised when you just took off like that!" Kaminari said.

"It appears that the time you spent at your internship had a profound effect on you." Tokoyami added.

"So, how did you get these things so fast? You know someone in the support course?" Kaminari asked, curiously.

"Yeah. My friend, Mei. She and I built these together over the weekend." I said.

"Can't you tell us a little more than that?" Kirishima asked, hopeful.

"I'm sure everyone else will have questions, so I'll just explain when we get back." I replied. The impatient Kaminari groaned, while the others nodded in agreement. In two or three minutes we got back to the spectator area.

"Awesome race, guys!" Ashido said, gleefully.

"Dude, Y/N, you totally killed it just now! How were you doing all that?" Sero asked, interested.

"I was already surprised to see Midoriya's new moves, but now you've got a whole new move set, too." Jiro commented, smiling. Something about it made me feel happy. Her smile almost felt warm to me. But, for the moment, I just brushed off that feeling.

"Deku and Y/N must've both learned a lot at their internships!" Uraraka said, giddily. I half expected to see Izuku blushing but he had other things on his mind.

"How did you do that, Y/N?! Did you find a way to glide with your quirk?!" Izuku asked, fanboying. He began his usual routine of muttering to himself, while all of us around him stood confused. I let out a slight chuckle at the familiar situation.

"Pretty cool, huh? New support gear. These boots and these things attached to my waist have small tanks of highly pressurized air built into them. My hero costume now has these cables that run up through my suit and connect to these buttons built into my shock gloves." I explained. As I did, I displayed the various parts of the gear. My classmates walked around, scoping the equipment from different angles. "The different buttons represent the different air boosters on my body. The hard part is hitting the correct buttons when I need to and not messing it up. With this gear, I can jump higher, build momentum faster, and even change direction on a dime." I added.