Sports Festival: Tournament Part 2

It was once again time to get serious. Midoriya was in the midst of surgery, and I was set to battle next. I didn't have time to be concerned for my friend, but that didn't stop me from caring. This match was gonna be hard enough without any distractions. It was a terrible matchup on top of that. "Do you have a plan for beating Shiozaki?" Iida asked, curiously. I closed my eyes and lowered my head.

"I'm not the one with the plans. That would be Midoriya. I'm just the guy who thinks of stuff on the fly." I said, negatively.

"He's got rhymes!" Uraraka said, enthusiastically.

"Oh shit, that did rhyme. Totally unintentional." I replied, moronically.

"But seriously Y/N, how do you think you can defeat Shiozaki? Her quirk is not to be taken lightly!" Iida stated.

"Yeah, I know. She defeated Kaminari in less than a minute, right? Well, lucky for me, Kaminari isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. So it all comes down to how I can use my quirk against her..." I said, thinking. I crossed my arms, considering my options. Uraraka eagerly raised her hands up.

"If only you had some kind of chainsaw support item. You could cut her vines to rivets and just refill the fuel!" Uraraka complained.

"Okay Uraraka, first of all, that's a great idea. I'll explore that in the future. Second of all, I don't have time to put together something like that. My match is minutes away." I explained.

"Besides, you have to register support items before you can use them in the Tournament or for Hero work." Iida added.

"Which reminds me, do any of you know who that pink haired girl was? From the obstacle race?" I asked, curiously. Both of them looked at me, surprised at my question. Then they started grinning. "Not like that! She looked like she might've been from the Support Course! I was thinking she could help me with this idea I've got!" I elaborated, blushing.

"Wait. What kind of idea?" Iida asked.

"Ibarra Shiozaki and Y/N L/N, report to your ends of the arena." a nearby intercom said.

"A support item to help me beat Todoroki. Now, I gotta go. I'm out of time." I stated, running off. Shiozaki and I reached the arena stage and stood across from each other. I wore a determined look on my face, but in reality, I had no idea how I could defeat her. 'I could shoot her in the foot at the very start. No, I don't want to shoot a girl. Wait, is that sexist? Is it more sexist not to shoot her? Do I care? I don't have any options, either way. I think crippling her foot at the very start might be best...' I thought, intensely. The match began and Shiozaki sent her vines towards me at great speed. I had managed to draw my pistols in time but couldn't get a shot on her. Her vines wrapped me up and suspended me a few feet in the air. In the millisecond before Midnight could call the end of the match, I had an idea. I used my quirk and suddenly a massive amount of ice appeared on Shiozaki's side of the arena.