Personal Growth

"It's almost time for us to go, huh guys?" I said.

"I'm glad. It'll be great to go home and see my mom again. Even with everything that happened, I still can't wait to tell her about my internship." Izuku replied, happily. Iida turned to face him, as he struggled to get his jacket on.

"You know we can't talk about what really happened Midoriya. As far as the public is concerned, Endeavor came along and saved us all from the Hero Killer." Iida reminded. Izuku paused for a second as he put on his shoes.

"Yeah. But I still had a good time. I learned a lot. And it was great meeting Gran Torino. I want to share that with her. She gives me so much encouragement. I know she'll love to hear about all the good stuff going on with me." Izuku said, smiling. The three of us exchanged glances upon hearing his wholesome words. "So, Iida, are you serious about not getting your hand healed? It can be done pretty easily with surgery." Izuku asked. Iida looked down at his arm, which was still bandaged.

"No. I won't get it healed until I've become a true Hero. Until then, it can serve as a reminder of my own foolishness...of what a Hero truly is." Iida declared, seriously. Izuku raised his right hand. It was crooked from the permanent damage he received fighting Todoroki in the Sports Festival. It still irked me that I had missed perhaps the craziest battle of the entire festival.

"I'm the same as you. Let's agree to get stronger together." Izuku simply said. With that, he and Iida exchanged nods.

"Great. Now can you guys stop staring intently at your hands? For gods sake, you look like someone who's trying to decide if they have time to wank off." I spoke, irritated. I walked out of the room without turning back, tired of this damn hospital. We undoubtedly all had a lot going through our heads. Sometimes it was nice to slow down a little and focus on the positives. But not me. Not right now. My mind was filled with the same thoughts. 'I need to improve. What have I learned besides the paperwork side of Hero work? I can refill my blood, yeah. Never doubted I could. It's not enough. Izuku is on a different level than before. He's found a whole new way to use his quirk. I can't be left in everyone's dust...' I thought, obsessively. I reached the hospital entrance and stepped through the sliding doors. A deep exhale escaped me as I was finally out of there.

"Are you alright, Y/N?" Iida asked, catching up. I pulled my phone from my pocket and searched a specific contact. Next, Izuku caught up.

"We've been so occupied with this whole situation that we didn't even consider how you might be feeling. You did get hurt pretty bad..." Izuku added, concerned. I didn't react much. I was focusing on typing a message to Mei Hatsume.

'Mei, it's Y/N. Short notice, but I need some method of traversal. Non-vehicular, effective in and out of combat. Get back to me when you can. Thanks.'

As it sent, I nodded my head and lowered my phone. "I'm fine, guys. Really. My fight with Stain, the injuries I came out with, they didn't really scare me. I mean it did, but I don't have like PTSD or anything. It's more like... Look that sucked, okay? That pain. Even worse, was that feeling of being so detached from reality. It felt like death, I admit it. But that's not what's on my mind, no. Frankly, I'm just done being stuck in this place. Like you guys, I want to go home." I explained.

"Then let's all go home." Iida replied, kindly. After that, we got loaded up on a train, with Mr. Aizawa escorting us. I checked my phone to see that Mei had texted me back.

'Oh, hey! I've definitely got some options you can take a look at. If you want, we can meet up tomorrow and run some tests.'

Time passed and it was now the next day. There was only the weekend left before everyone would have to return to class. I was going to make it count. In my apartment, I bolted for the front door, before my dad caught me by the collar. "Whoa, there! Where you heading, Trouble?" Dad asked.