Bleeding Out

Third Person POV:

Nighteye sat in his office, late at night. A small desk lamp cast a slight glow over the reports in front of him. They were regarding Y/N's illegal involvement against the villains from before. Nighteye had of course long since filled them out. Now, he was left with one question, not on paper, but in his mind. His hand moved to the smart phone on his desk. He called someone who he hadn't spoken with in awhile.

"Hm? Who is this?" a gruff, male voice spoke.

"It's me, Gran Torino. It's been awhile, hasn't it?" Nighteye replied.

"What do you think you're doing calling in the middle of the night?! I'm not a young man anymore! I need my rest!" Gran Torino ranted, irritated.

"My apologies for the inconvenient timing. It may be surprising, but there's something I was hoping you could help me with." Nighteye said.

"Ugh. Does this have to do with One For All? I can't be bothered to have this conversation, this late." Gran Torino complained, about to hang-up.

"It doesn't have to do with that. You see, I have this first-year interning at my agency..." Nighteye began.

"Oh, I'm interning, too. The kid actually mentioned that his friend was doing his internship at Nighteye agency. I take it things aren't going well?" Gran Torino asked, assuming. Nighteye quietly exhaled, trying to choose his words.

"He was here for only a couple of hours before he got himself into trouble. Before he got me into trouble. I made the unfortunate mistake of not looking into his future the moment he walked in my door." Nighteye ranted.

"There's nothing wrong with being hopeful. Seems like you two were hoping for different things. He wanted a hero experience and you wanted someone you could control. But these kids aren't like us. They're brash and overly eager. Don't try to just shield him from everything. And don't just give up on him. Instead, maybe show him some of the other aspects of hero work." Gran Torino suggested, yawning. "I'm too tired to continue with this. I'm going back to sleep." Gran Torino said, hanging up. Nighteye remained seated in the exact same position. His thoughts continued, despite the conversation ending.

"I would've liked to tell you exactly what intrigued me about this student..." Nighteye said, thinking aloud.

Y/N POV:

I awoke from my restless sleep and mournfully stood from my cot. The sun was shining through the skinny window of the room. My bags were on the floor and already packed. I had already done so, expecting that I would be sent home. All that was missing from my belongings, was my guns. They had been temporarily confiscated, as evidence. "Shouldn't be much longer before I get thrown out of here..." I said. I begrudgingly changed into some casual clothes. In a simple t-shirt and shorts, I stepped out from my temporary quarters. I walked to Sir Nighteye's office, ready for the worst.

"Have a seat, L/N." Nighteye said. He was busy writing something. As I sat across from him, he set his pen down. "We spoke a lot about your quirk yesterday. Much was said about the laws regarding vigilantism, as well... However, we neglected to go over one other very important detail. What kind of hero do you seek to become?" Nighteye asked. My head had sunk low when he mentioned vigilantism. But now I didn't know what to think.

"I wasn't expecting that. Uh... You know, I think at my core, I really just want to help people. My...My quirk is unusual, it can put people off, but there's a lot of ways I can use it to help people." I stated, honestly. For a moment, Nighteye was quiet. His expression was something I hadn't yet seen on him. It looked like respect.

"L/N, you made a mistake yesterday." Nighteye began.

'Here it comes...' I thought.

"But it would be a mistake if I punished you by for one bad decision." Nighteye said, shocking me. My eyes widened and my entire expression fidgeted, in disbelief. "You are a teenager, as well as a hero-in-training. You have no idea what this kind of work fully entails, nor how the world works. Even though it was your mistake, I miscalculated. I didn't plan for it. There for, I'm just as accountable. So, if you can do as I say, you will continue to be welcome here. I still believe in your potential." Nighteye explained, logically. I was completely dumbfounded.