Sports Festival: Tournament Part 3

"You honestly expect me to believe that you're fireproof?" Todoroki asked, condescendingly.

"I never said fireproof." I remarked. I moved to attack him once again. Todoroki retaliated by sending his fire, to no avail. I just ran through the flames and slammed my fist into his gut. He spit up from the impact and scowled. To my surprise, he punched me back, right in the face. I grabbed  his right arm and started trying to push him back. Todoroki brought his other hand up and hit me with his fire point blank. I quickly kneed him and shoved him back, trying to knock him out of bounds. But the clever bastard raised an ice wall behind him, stopping himself.

"I've had enough of this!" Todoroki said, angrily. He threw his right arm behind him and launched himself forward with his ice. I slid on the ground and he flew right over me. After skidding to a stop, I continued my assault and ran at Todoroki again. He started spamming ice attacks of different types; some massive and some a straight line of ice. I dodged what I could and otherwise countered with my support device.

'Dammit. Mei said this thing is only good for eight uses. I'm down to three! I need to end this fight, now!' I thought, desperately. As I shattered another ice attack, with my support device, I grabbed a handful of tiny shattered ice pieces. I continued running forward and then threw the ice at Todoroki's face. His eyes went wide and he used his fire to melt it, before it could obscure his vision or get in his eyes. In that split second, he couldn't see me, so I made my move. I leaped into the air, and as I came down, I slid on the ground. Then I launched both of my legs up into a double kick. Both my feet hit Todoroki under his chin, and I swear he went airborne for a second! Todoroki was now on the ground, struggling just to stand. But the match was still going, so I didn't stop. Todoroki sent his flames at me one more time. I ran through the fire and grabbed his face, taking him down. Midnight raised her hand in the air.

"Todoroki has been pinned! L/N is the winner and will continue into the Finals!" Midnight declared. The stadium roared with cheers and I couldn't help but smile. I climbed off of Todoroki and let out a relieved sigh. It was close, but I had won.

"Hell yeah..." I simply said.

"Can you stand, Todoroki?" Midnight asked.

"Yeah... But I have a lot things hurting right now." Todoroki replied, disappointed. I almost felt bad. This guy had seemed like a jerk, but after meeting his father, Shoto didn't seem to be that bad.

"I, uh... Sorry for wailing on you so hard. I had to beat you somehow, though." I suddenly said. Todoroki and Midnight both looked at me. Then Todoroki scoffed at my comment.

"It's not like you're the only person here who wanted to win the Festival." Todoroki replied, looking away. I couldn't quite make out his expression. Regardless, there was something I had to make clear.

"It's not about that." I suddenly said. As Midnight was helping him up, Todoroki looked at me again.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"I wasn't trying to so hard to beat you because I want to win the Festival. If you ask me, I've already done more than enough to get some recognition. The reason I was trying so hard to beat you, is simple...because I was keeping my word." I stated, calmly. Todoroki's expression changed as he realized what I meant. "I told you today, before the Festival started, that I would beat you into the ground, while everyone watched. I'm not exactly proud of it, but at least I kept my word..." I explained, walking away. I could feel the stares of the crowd on me as I left the arena. I could only hope they were stares of intrigue. Before long, I ran into some people from 1A, in the hallway. It was Uraraka, Jiro, Yaoyorozu, Kirishima and even Midoriya.

"Yay, Y/N!" Uraraka yelled.

"Great fight, Y/N!" Midoriya shouted.

"Whoa, Midoriya! Should you be walking around?" I asked, concerned. Both of his arms were in casts.