Good Company

The many students of Class 1A were currently training again. It was day three of the camp, so the things were only getting harder for them all. Because today they were having to push their limits, while sore from yesterday's hard work. Aizawa stood with his usual serious expression. "Don't lose focus. All of you, move faster! No matter what you're doing, never forget where you came from. That's what it means to improve! Always keep in mind why you're sweating and why you keep getting nagged." Aizawa ordered. With that said, the more mindful and determined of the class were now thinking hard about where they came from, as they continued to train. Except Izuku, who had a question.

"Mr. Aizawa." Izuku called out.

"What did I just say? Don't just stop training and run up like that." Aizawa reprimanded.

"Sorry, it just...well it's already the third day of camp. You're here, Mr. Vlad is here, and I know that Y/N is training in the forest with Snipe. I was wondering when All Might and the rest of the teachers are going to get here?" Izuku asked, politely.

"For the training camp, the number of teachers involved was kept to an absolute minimum. It's to keep villains from finding out where we are." Aizawa explained.

"That's why you got a training camp with the four of us!" Ragdoll said, overhearing.

"And especially since we believe All Might is one of the villain's targets, we can't have him here. He stands out too much." Aizawa added. Pixie-Bob seemed to remember something and called out to everyone.

"More importantly, everyone, tonight we'll have a test of courage with the class pitted against each other! After training hard, you can play hard!" Pixie-Bob said, excited.

"Oh, right." Kendo and Iida recalled. Both being Class Presidents, they had been informed prior to the others.

"But I hate scary things..." Jiro sulked, quietly.

"Revelry in the dark..." Tokoyami said.

"So our classes be pitted against each other? I like the sound of it!" Monoma smiled, eerily. Elsewhere, Y/N was training in his own area of the forest. He was far enough away that gunshots could still be heard by his classmates, but not over Bakugo's explosions. He had heard Aizawa's words and the Pussycat's as well. This was due to Mandalay using her Telepathy quirk to share the message with students who wouldn't hear otherwise.

Y/N POV:

I stood with my back against one of the fake training buildings Pixie-Bob had made. Just outside the doorway, I made my way in, pistol in hand. As I scanned the first empty room, my gun barrel was grabbed and I was yanked around a corner. Snipe shifted his grip around my throat, now holding me in a chokehold. "You realize what you did wrong?" Snipe retorted. I responded by elbowing him in the gut and moving under his arm. Now I had him in a half-assed arm bar.

"I had my gun too far in front of me?" I asked. Snipe used his weight to fall forward, pulling me with him. Now he had me pinned to the ground, by my arm, with my face in the dirt.

"Never lead into a room in a way that your gun can be so easily grabbed. Also, you're just not paying enough attention." Snipe said, releasing his grip. I begrudgingly got up from the ground and brushed my face some. "It's like I already said. When you're using a gun, in a building especially, danger could be around any corner. Focus. Put everything you have into your peripheral vision and your reflexes. Especially since your bullets are non-penetrating." Snipe stated.

"Right... So, did I hear Pixie-Bob say something about a test of courage?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's to add a little fun to this hard-core camp experience you're all getting. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be one class against the other." Snipe replied.