Nighteye's Tests

(Hello readers. I just wanted to take a second to say how grateful I am for all the attention this fanfic has been getting. This started out as my secondary fanfic but has easily become the favorite of my two. This gets so many reads, votes and comments. And every time I update, it shows more growth than the last time. It's truly special when something of your own can get so much positive attention. I never thought a goofy idea like this would get this far. It makes me want to put as much effort and heart into this story as I can. I hope you readers continue to enjoy it. Thank you! Also this chapter is going to seem strange but trust the process.)

It's the first day of our Hero Internships. This morning, Mr. Aizawa had given us our Hero costumes and dismissed us. Since then, Izuku, Uraraka, Iida and I had traveled to a train station together. "I guess this is where we all go our separate ways." I spoke.

"You make it sound like it's forever, Y/N." Izuku said, chuckling.

"Who did you say you'd be interning with again, Deku?" Uraraka asked, curiously.

"Oh. It's an older Hero called Gran Torino." Izuku replied, slightly blushing.

"We're you ever able to find him in the Hero registry?" I asked.

"No. But I know him through someone very close to me. I'm sure things will go well. You know Y/N, I still can't believe you'll be interning with Nighteye! Not only was he All Might's sidekick, but he was considered the brains of their team!" Izuku said, excited.

"I still can't believe he sent me an invitation. I had no clue who to choose until I saw the invitation from the Nighteye Agency. If he really was the brains of All Might, he could probably help me find all kinds of ways to use my quirk." I said, hyped.

"I think we're all going to learn a lot! Good luck Y/N, Deku, Iida!" Uraraka encouraged. Iida was noticeably quite through the entire conversation. "Iida...?" Uraraka asked, concerned.

"Hm? Oh, sorry! Good luck to all of you on your internships!" Iida said. He put on a big smile, but something was off about it.

"Hey, you know Iida...we've all heard about Ingenium..." I began.

"If you're feeling helpless, you can talk to us." Uraraka added.

"We are your friends, after all. Aren't we?" Izuku asked. Iida's expression flinched for a moment, before his smile returned.

"Of course we're all friends. Thank you all for worrying about me, but I'm fine. Good luck again with your internships." Iida said, walking away. I clenched my fists, deep in thought.

'That smile of his...it was fake... Iida, my friend, don't do anything stupid.' I thought. After a final goodbye, we each got on our trains. Before long, I reached my stop and started walking. I was using my phone to navigate the rest of the way.

"Looks like I'm here

"Looks like I'm here..." I said. With a deep breath, I eagerly but nervously entered the building. I was kind of surprised by how devoid of people it was.