~Chapter 5~

-Lilith-

I woke to pounding on my door.

"Who is it?" I groaned .

"Bitch! It's me!" Pansy snapped from outside.

I opened the door for her and she hopped in.

"What's got you so happy?" I asked, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Draco!" She jumped up. "He asked me to be his girlfriend last night after class!"

"Nice." I muttered, grabbing my clothes to change.

Pansy smiled and checked the time. Saying that she had to go eat breakfast with Draco, Pansy skipped out of the room. I went down ten minutes later.

I was  eating some waffles when Potter, Weasley and Granger waltzed in like they owned the place. I rolled my eyes, watching as Draco started laughing at Potter's messed up eyebrows. I didn't think much about it. After all, it wasn't my business.

Before breakfast was over, Dumbledore stood up.

"I have an announcement!" He yelled. I hall hushed. "We are going to have a new student! He will be in Slytherin, in fourth year! Everyone meet Mattheo Riddle!"

A boy walked into the hall. His dark brown curls swirled into his face slightly. He was tall, with many scars on his face. Other girls were checking him out, and to my surprise, Riddle sat down right next to me. Draco glared at Riddle. The two had a staring contest for two minutes before Draco blinked. Riddle smirked and ate quickly. I was already done, and had decided to paint something. I had brought my pottery painting set so I grabbed a plate and began to paint.  Riddle looked interested in what I was doing, but he didn't say anything. Soon it was time for the daily owls. To my surprise, my father's owl was flying towards me. I rolled my eyes, tore the envelope before I read it and sent the owl on its way.

"Why didn't you read it?" Pansy asked me.

"He doesn't really care." I replied. "He just wants to tell me to stay at school for Christmas. And spring. And see if I can stay for summer. Maybe also tell me that I need to do better in school even though I'm the best in my year." I explained matter-of-factly.

Pansy gave me a sympathetic glance and then continued her conversation. Riddle looked at me curiously before finishing his breakfast and walking away. I grabbed my bag and went to my next class, Potions.

I reached fifteen minutes early. I sat in my seat. Another desk was added to the back of the class. When there Gryffindors came, the trio sat at the back of the class. Theodore sat with Enzo. Pansy sat with Draco. Soon everyone was  here except Riddle. He came in two minutes late.

"Detention, Mr. Riddle!" Snape snapped.

"I was lost. I didn't have a guide, Severus." He responded readily. The Gryffindors gasped when he called Snape by his first name.

"Ms. Black?" Snape asked, looking at me. "Would you be kind enough to become Mr. Riddle's guide for a couple months?"

I nodded and went back to finishing my homework. Pansy had insisted that I finish it in the library the today, so I could teach her how to cast a spell. She also made me teach her the spell again today, so I hadn't had time to finish.

Once I was done, Snape called to hand in the homework. We all stood up and gave it to him. Riddle looked smug as he stayed in his seat. Snape started teaching us about making a Draught of Peace. I had made it many times already so I just zoned out. Snaps ordered us to make a potion with our partner. I hated partner work.

Riddle told me he'd read the instructions and I could copy them in my book.

"I've memorized the ingredients. We'll be fine." I told him.

I grabbed the stuff out of my box and began making the potion. "Cut the scales." I ordered Riddle. He shrugged and did as I asked.

We were done before everyone else. Snape announced that our potion was the best, after he had checked everyone's work, and awarded twenty-five points to Slytherin, each. I showed Riddle the way to Transfiguration. We were casting spells on rats, so they'd turn into goblets. Easy stuff. McGonagal said that this  would be on our O.W.L.s. I was surprised at how relaxed this school was on learning. Riddle looked shocked too.

Once all the classes were over, I went to my dorm. I had barely any homework today. I went to my desk and finished he homework pretty easily.

I went to bed pretty late. I felt uncomfortable, as if someone in my room, and I kept shifting in bed, unable to sleep.

——————————————————————

Sorry for how long it took me to update. I have a huge science fair project and I want to do good on it since it's my last chance. I'll try to update consistently.

Thx!!