~Chapter 21~

lol finally something will happen in this chapter.

-Lilith's POV-

I walked to class hurriedly. I could still feel the taste of Mattheo's lips on mine. Wait...since when do I call him Mattheo? Ugh. I just don't know anymore. I need Pansy. But she would just pester me instead of help. What do I do? I know! Daphne! I hurried to her dorm, and she answered immediately.

"Hey Lilith! Is something wrong?" That's the thing. Daphne always could tell if something was wrong.

"No! Everything was great! I'm just so confused..." I told her.

She ushered me into her dorm, and we sat on her bed, and I told her everything. We missed our morning classes, but neither of us cared.

"I don't think that you should pursue any relationship with Riddle yet, Lilith. This might just be your brain telling you to get a rebound. Just stay single for a bit. You can have as many one night stands with him as you want, just don't date until you are completely over Cedric." Daphne consoled me after I told her everything.

"But I know that I have feelings for him." I told her.

"Maybe you do. but, you had a very emotional morning, and you need to calm down for a while. After lunch, go to class, don't focus on all the drama. Eat lunch in my dorm with me, so you aren't pestered by Layla, or Cedric, or Mattheo. Tomorrow, we can talk about Mattheo." She instructed."Today, just forget everything that happened just now. Don't let Cedric or Layla know that you've been crying." Daphne added.

I nodded, and we just chatted until lunch, when Daphne promised not to tell a soul what I told her, and went to get us both lunch.

Daphne did a good job with distracting me all day. She was in all of my classes today, and made sure to put us in seats by the front, so we couldn't see Mattheo, or anyone else that we were avoiding.

We stayed in her room after classes were over, and we did our homework together. Honestly, I now thought that Daphne was a better friend than Pansy. I know that if I told Pansy about all the drama today, she would have asked me if Mattheo was a good kisser, or if last night, Cedric was good at what we did together. She wouldn't have given me advice like Daphne, or brought me food, or made sure our seats in class were away from Cedric, Layla and Mattheo.

I then heard a knock on the door. Daphne went to open it, and I saw Pansy standing there. "Hey Daphne! Layla told me that there's a party going on in the common room tonight. I think that Snape let the team do some shit and made the Gryffindors mad. Or we got a new shipment in alcohol." Pansy said breathlessly. "Oh hey, Lilith!"

"I'm not going." I said before Daphne could say a word.

"Neither am I." Daphne agreed.

I looked at Daphne with a soft smile. Pansy sighed, but walked out of the room.

"You didn't have to do that Daph." I told her.

"yeah, but I wanted to. Anyway, my roommate is gonna be shagging someone tonight so...wanna have a sleepover?"

-TIME SKIP TO NEXT DAY-

I got my books ready, and walked to the great hall for breakfast. Daphne was already there, since I had to go back to my dorm for a minute to grab my stuff. I sat next to her, with the boys. Pansy wasn't here yet. Neither were Mattheo, Cedric and Layla.

We talked about random shit, like Enzo asked us if cats can balance spoons on their faces. For some reason, we spent like fifteen minutes considering that topic.

The conversation was broken off when we heard Pansy's laughter, but it wasn't in a nice, happy way. It sounded cruel, like she was making fun of someone. We all stood, and walked to the source of the laughter. It would have been normal, except Pansy never made fun of anyone if she wasn't with us. She told me that she felt uncomfortable being mean to people without us to support her, which I understood.

We found her in front of the entrance to the hall, laughing at what seemed to be a first-year. She was kicking his school supplies all over the floor, the ink splattering on all of his books and supplies. I heard another, more high-pitched laugh accompany hers. I looked up to see non-other than Layla Snape laughing at another kid. They were surrounded by Layla's 'friends', who were laughing a bit far off, making a protective circle around the other two girls.

We watched for a little bit, chuckling when the kids did something funny, but soon, we saw a group of Gryffindors walk up to us.

"Hey Door, have you seen Potter's hair?" Enzo nudged Theodore. We all turned, and saw the Boy Who Lived, pushing messy, long hair out of his face.

"Did his mummy not give him a hair cut?" I joked.

"But did you see Weaslebee! That's even worse!" Draco laughed.

We laughed about the Gryffindors' hair styles until someone sat down next to Draco. I looked up to see Mattheo's tall, muscular figure. We all mumbled a few 'hellos' and went back to eating. I tried to catch his eye, but he didn't do as much as look my way. I let out a defeated sigh, and looked at my almost empty plate. Daphne smiled encouragingly, and squeezed my hand under the table.

We sat in silence until another high-pitched laugh filled the large hall. We all turned to see Layla and Pansy walking together, Layla's band of friends behind them, cackling along.

"Go get us a spot at the Slytherin table!" Layla ordered a Hufflepuff first-year.

The child nodded hastily, and scurried to our table. I'm not sure why anyone was afraid of her. She was just a stuck up brat. And so was Pansy, by the look of it.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE ARE NO SEATS?!" Layla roared when the child hurried back to her. Just her raised voice made many first-years bundle together in tight groups and race out the door. "There are so many spots, you must be blind, idiot child." Layla kicked the first-year away, and he was soon pushed and kicked into a corner, and raced back to his table. I watched as he raced to Cedric Diggory, tears evident in his eyes. I stiffened at the way his eyes softened when he spoke to the kid.

"Omigosh! You aren't!" I heard Pansy squeal.

"I know. It was hard for me to believe that Cedric Diggory asked me out!" Layla gushed. Tears welled up in my eyes. "He asked me out like right after lunch yesterday!" I felt a tear fall down my cheek, and I quickly wiped it away.

"I-I'm just gonna go." I muttered, facing the ground. I quickly hurried out of the hall, and went into my dorm.

Tears were flowing down my face, and I tried to wipe them away. Soon, I was sobbing into my hands, my back pressed against the wall. I slid down to the floor, and sobbed into my knees.

Maybe I wasn't good enough. Cedric probably planned on Layla yelling about him cheating on me. He was the 'Hufflepuff Hottie'. Boys like him dated girls like Layla. He just needed an excuse to get rid of me.

The door suddenly opened. I looked up expecting to see Daphne, and I was right. She slowly closed the door, and kneeled down in front of me.

"Listen, Lilith, you need to stop." She said, holding my hands. "He's doing all of this, not because you're not good enough, but because you're too good." I stared at Daphne. "Maybe you don't need to get over him, but you need to accept that he isn't good enough for you."

I slowly nodded.

"You can do so much better. Boys like Cedric only want a girl for their popularity, but nothing else. I want you to know that from now on I will make sure that you are dating someone that'll treat you right, and hopefully won't cheat on you." Daphne promised.

"Thanks Daph." I muttered, hugging her. She wiped my tears away, and helped me up. 

"Let's go to class now!"She announced, and we grabbed our bags and went to the classroom.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. I know that I was gone for a while. I was in California. What did you guys do during spring break?

Vote and Comment! <3

xx