~Chapter 24~

Thank you so much @Inkylovestoread! They recently followed me, and I would like to dedicate this chapter to them! Thank you again to all of the readers, voters, commenters and reading list adders! I created a new cover for the book, I hope you like it! Enjoy the chapter!

-Lilith's POV-

I walked to my dorm, knowing that I needed to analyze what I had just agreed to. As Mattheo's dorm was across from mine, I often listen in to what's going on in his dorm while I unlock my door. Today, I heard something that made my heart shatter into millions of pieces.

"Ohhh...go faster, Mattheo!" I listened to the moans that were coming from his room, along with Mattheo's grunts. After a minute of thinking, I realized that the moans were coming from Layla, because I could recognize her voice. 

I walked into my dorm, feeling tears pool in my eyes. Why do I care? I hate Mattheo...I mean Riddle. That one kiss was a moment of weakness, no strings attached. I hated him, and he hated me. Why else would he fuck the girl that bullied me? 

Well, she won't bully me anymore. I don't care about having detentions. I will stand up to her, and make sure that she pays for saying anything rude to me. But how will I do that..? I don't know, and I can figure it out later.

I heard a knock on the door. It was Daphne. "Hey! Where did you go? I came here a few minutes ago, but you didn't answer." Daphne told me, hugging me tightly. 

"I was having a fight with Cedric." I said simply.

"Oh my gosh, really? What did he do? Did you guys make up?" She squealed.

"Yes, we did make up. Well, we just started over in our relationship. We're meeting on Saturday for breakfast. I don't know if I want to date him anymore. What if he breaks my heart, again and again? I don't want to be with someone safe, because that's boring, but I also don't want to date someone who will get my hopes up, you know?" I explained to Daphne.

"I understand. Can I tell you the truth?" She waited for me to nod before continuing. "I don't think that Cedric is right for you. I've been watching you with him, and I don't think you'll be good together. You're a fireball, and he's a people pleaser. He's too gentle for you. But I also can see that he really does regret that night. But, please, please don't date him. He's a one-night-stand guy, and I don't know of you're into that. I just don't want you're heart to be broken."

I listened, before hugging Daphne tightly. "Thanks." I murmured into her shoulder. "You really are the best friend I could ever ask for."

I heard the bell ring. "Shit! We gotta get there!" Daphne yelled. We grabbed our bags and raced out of my dorm, after I locked it. I realized that Mattheo and Layla were still fucking, but I ignored it. They both were worthless, and I am above crying over some stupid boy. If Cedric hurts me again, I will punch him, not cry. I am over all of them. 

I followed Daphne to our next class, Potions. 

"Good afternoon. It seems that you have finally decided to join us." Snape stood at his desk. "Five points will be taken from Slytherin for your tardiness."

"But Professor-" Potter started. 

"Potter, did I say that you can talk?" Snape roared. 

"Professor, he was only-" Granger began to help.

"Granger, Potter! Ten points each will be taken from Gryffindor for your disobedience." Snape ordered. 

"But that's not fair!" Weasley yelled. 

"Twenty more points from Gryffindor!" Snape shouted. The Gryffindors shut up now. "Where is my daughter and Riddle?" Snape mumbled to himself. He went to his desk and wrote a detention slip for them. 

"Today, we are going to be learning about poisons." Snape began the lesson. "Take out your notebooks." As Snape droned on and on about potions, accompanied by the scratching of his students' quills, I felt myself zone in and out of his lesson while dully taking notes. 

"Class dismissed." Snape spoke the words we needed to be freed from class. 

After gathering our things, Daphne and I walked to our next class, Charms. We did the same thing as we did in Potions, taking notes. When the bell finally rang and Professor Flitwick called for the class to be dismissed, we all let out a sigh of relief. 

"Why were all of our classes so boring?" Daphne whispered to me as we walked back to the Slytherin Common room. "Also, Mattheo Riddle and Layla Snape didn't show up to any of the classes! Where do you think they were?" 

"I don't know if I want to find out." I said grimly. Daphne sent me a reassuring smile, which I returned. 

"Probably just a one-night stand!" Daphne told me brightly. "I don't think either of them are into relationships." My heart dropped when she said that, but I smiled and nodded. We gossiped our way to our dorms, and I even managed to forget about Mattheo and Layla. I'm pretty sure that was Daphne's plan the whole time that we were talking.

It was around dinnertime, and I had finished my homework. Daphne had left an hour or two ago to do hers. I was laying on my bed and staring at the ceiling when I heard the sound of a door being unlocked. Confused, I walked to my dorm and peered through the crack between the door and the wall. 

"Mattheo, that was the best I've ever had. You know, maybe you could call me up one day? My dorm number is 152."