~ Chapter 42~

-Mattheo-

I craned my neck, peering through the small window, my eyes darting around what appeared to be a dining room, searching for Lilith through the mass of people crowding the table. I let out a breath when my gaze finally caught her figure hunched over plate, the food rapidly disappearing as she ate. The room was lit by at least a dozen candles, which were scattered around the small space. Snape sat across from her, his dark robes surrounding him like an ocean. He had been ordered to supervise the meeting, to allow Lilith to do her thing and stop anyone from getting on her way. I wasn't sure why my father trusted him, since the professor was constantly in the company of Dumbledore, and could switch sides at any moment.

"Riddle! Get ready!" Draco's voice interrupted my thoughts. "She's going to be out with a Weasley any minute!"

I nodded curtly, moving so that I was hidden next to the front door. Lilith should leave the building from there, hopefully with a Weasley behind her. I kept glancing around, checking for muggles. A complete Disillusionment Charm would take too much effort from one person, but combined, Theodore, Enzo, Draco and I could create a spell to blend us mostly into our surroundings. Unless someone was looking for us, we would not be seen. And most people don't find what they're not looking for.

We waited for Lilith. I felt myself holding my breath, too worried about being found to move the slightest amount to take a breath. Each noise coming from the house made me jump. Each sway of the trees made me tense. Each hiss of wind made me even more alert.

Finally, the door creaked open, revealing Lilith tugging a red-haired boy behind her. He looked excited, and with the giggles erupting from Lilith, it wasn't hard to guess what he thought was about to happen. As the pair made their way to the port key we had placed, another boy creeped out of the door, the same grin plastered on his face. Once the three had reached the charmed car we had placed in front of the house, Draco, Enzo, Theodore and I rose from our positions, the Disillusionment Charm fading away. The Weasleys paled, with one of them sending a betrayed glance at Lilith. She shrugged, smirking and walking to stand with us. Our wands were drawn, but we simply stood in place, letting the fear creeping through the boys do the work for us, and back them into the car.

"Lilith?" One of them finally spoke. "What are you doing?"

The girl sighed from her place next to me. "Don't take it personally, Fred. Blame my father."

"What do you mean? What did Sirius do?" The other boy asked.

"We'll ask the questions here." I snapped, not letting Lilith respond.

"We'll be okay, George." Fred whispered.

I grinned. "No, you won't." I took a menacing step forward, forcing the twins to step back, their backs pressed against the car.

"Goodbye." Theodore smiled coldly. Before he could finish saying the word, the two boys had already disappeared with the car.

We stared at the place it had been, silence enveloping us. For me, the quiet was a welcome friend. For Enzo, who was shifting uneasily on his feet, it was a cruel punishment.

"Where did it take them?" Enzo asked, breaking the peaceful stillness.

"Malfoy Manor. They'll stay in a cell until it's time for questioning." Draco answered.

The group fell back into soundless thoughts. One by one, we apparated back to Hogwarts. Once Draco had left, Lilith and I were alone, our own thoughts taking up too much space to talk. I contemplated speaking, but decided it would be fruitless.

My thoughts shifted back to my father, as they usually did. What if he discovered that we hadn't delivered the boys before he asked? How many villages would I be sent to burn? How many men would I be sent to kill? How many interrogations would I be forced to attend? I sighed. I didn't truly hate the work. Having the control to end a man's life made me feel stronger, and I often found myself enjoying the thrill. But I hated that Lilith could view me as...well, it wasn't like I had a chance with her now, no matter how she viewed me. After Daphne. At least she no longer had control over me. My father had forced her to break the spell after Lilith had escaped.

"Riddle?" I was startled from my thoughts when Lilith spoke.

"Yes, Black?" I replied, not shifting my gaze.

Suddenly, my head was turned by thin fingers, while my lips were smashing into another's. I moved my hand to hold up her chin, while my other hand got tangled in Lilith's hair. My tongue danced in front of her mouth, forcing it to open. My tongue explored her mouth while our teeth clashed.

"Riddle." She broke away, both of us gasping for air.

"Yes?" I repeated myself, keeping my eyes locked on hers.

"Fuck me." She whispered, her voice barely audible.

I grinned. "Whatever you want, Black." I smashed our lips together again, while my wand waved to apparate back to my dorm.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guess what! I updated!! Obviously you wouldn't be able to guess.

The reason I wasn't updating for so long was because I was sick and having headaches a lot, and I went on vacation for two weeks! I tried to type whenever I could.

Thanks so much for 76k reads! That's super close to 100k! Also, thanks for still reading this still, even with my inconsistent updates.

I am editing the earlier chapters, so I will try to either update once a week or edit a chapter once a week.

Love ya!

xxxx

This chapter is not proof read.