~Chapter 33~

Lilith

I woke up with every muscle in my body aching, laying on hard concrete. However, I still didn't know where I was. All I knew was that Theodore was beside me on the cold, hard ground. 

I shakily stood, looking around. It was as if I was in a cell, with huge metal bars in front of me, and brick walls boxing me in. However, unlike in a prison, the room was empty, with no bed, chair or even a toilet.

"Lilith! How are you?" I could see Daphne in front of me, with only metal bars holding me from punching her. 

"How could you?" I whispered. 

"I want to survive. Going on the Dark Lord's side is the best way to ensure that." Daphne laughed. "You should think about joining him."

"Never." I hissed. "He will rule the world. No one should rule it." 

"Anyway, I never showed you what the Dark Lord promised me in  return of my services. I'm sure you'll love it." Daphne chuckled darkly. "I'll show you later." With that, she spun on her heel and walked up a staircase, away from me.

I groaned, frustrated with her games. How could Daphne betray me like that? I thought we were friends. She had helped me when I had no one, talked to me about my problems and kept my secrets. But then again...I never did anything for her. I had honestly forgotten she existed when I was friends with Pansy. And I had never asked her if she was okay. Daphne never came to me with her problems. I'm sure a true friend would have trusted me. Maybe if I had talked to her, helped her, she wouldn't have done this. 

"What happened?" Theodore muttered. I realized that he had finally woken up. 

"Daphne betrayed us. She told the Dark Lord about our escape." I informed him. "Then they tortured us, and we both blacked out."

"Fuck." Theodore hissed, standing to lean against a wall. 

We sat in silence for a while, both of us too invested in our thoughts. I needed to find out where we were, where my wand was and how to get out of this place. 

A house-elf crawled up to us, two bowls in his hand. he passed them to us through a gap in the bars. I looked into he bowl to find a lumpy soup swirling around in it. I crinkled my nose at the smell, but I was so hungry that I gulped down the soup quickly. 

As we stood there, Daphne came in. She was walking with her head up, a confident smirk across her face. "It must be hard, living in this little cell. With soup made from my leftovers. Want to know something? Since I've been able to infiltrate Hogwarts so easily, we're going to bring more Death-eaters to the school! Won't that be fun?" She laughed wickedly. 

I glared at her. "What do you have against the world being happy? Why can't you be normal and not work for him?"

"Because, if I'm normal, I'll die. I don't want that, so this is what I need to do to survive. I hope you know that this wasn't personal. Actually, that's a lie. I truly hate you." Daphne explained. "Anyway, I'll tell you my prize!" She seemed overly excited about it. 

I curled my lip, disgusted. She was acting like betraying me was such a good thing, and she deserved a prize for it. 

"Come in, babe!" She called. I looked in the direction she was looking in, and I could feel my heart shatter. 

Mattheo was standing there, seemingly indifferent as she walked up to him and hungrily attached their lips. She began to make-out with him, the boy I had cuddled with at night, helped with work, and read to. I felt my eyes water as I stared at them. 

"If you couldn't tell, my payment is having this hottie all to myself." Daphne giggled. "He knew about this the whole time I was at Hogwarts!" 

"Why?" I choked out. 

"Because, princess, I want him! You were always coming up to me with your little issues, complaining about how bad your life sucks! I never cared! I was only there so that I could have Mattheo, and you can't take him from me!"  Daphne snapped. "Get it through your thick head that I hate you!"

I watched, sadness filling me as their lips locked again, and Daphne's legs wrapped around Mattheo's waist. 

I turned to Theodore, who as gazing at me with sympathy. I felt his arms hug me as I sobbed into his chest. Clearly, Daphne only wanted to tear me up. Did she really mean all that stuff she said about hating me? All I knew, I I hated her as well. 

"Theodore, do you think Mattheo ever cared about me?" I whispered.

"Do you want the truth?" He asked. I nodded. "I don't think he ever did, and was just playing with you."

More tears drowned my face. Thoughts swarmed my head, but only one stood out. 

How could I have been so stupid?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hey! Double update, because the comments on the last chapter were just so nice! I'd like to dedicate this chapter to Eeyoremylove, because she was just so nice! 

If you vote and comment, you can punch Daphne (which I really want to do)!

Bye! Love ya!

xx

This chapter has been proof read! yay me!