ii (Edited)

This chapter was edited.

[[|]]

I rub my eyes, willing the sleep would wipe out. I never been more wrong in my life. I feel tired, physically and mentally drained. I try to note all that was said in the meeting. But my mind and body weren't coordinating anymore.

I had woken up by 5 this morning to get ready for my first day of work. I found out the man's name was Mr. McClain, the CEO of the McClain & co construction. The man I talked back to yesterday, was one of the biggest names in construction industry. Here in the states.

I panicked at first, then I calmed down. If he wanted to humiliate he would have done it, I thought. My panic subsided.

Mr. McClain schedule begins at 6 in the morning. He wants his breakfast ready at 7 on the dot. He starts his office hours from 7:30 to 6 in the evening but it can be more some times.

He was relentless from meeting to meeting. He still looks immaculate in his three pieces suit. Not a single hair out of place. He looks more awake than I am. Next to him, I feel like walking dead.

How is it that he still looks so put together?

"Ok. We'll meet next week to go over the details." He says smiling as he shakes hand with Mr. Rex. A business associate.

The man has been ogling me since I met him this afternoon. I want to ask him if there's anything wrong but I hold my tongue. I can't lose my job on the first day.

"That'll be nice."

They drop their hands. I stand up quickly packing up my things in my bag and carrying my disposable coffee cup, to go. I notice Mr. McClain wipes his hand in a napkin when Mr. Rex isn't paying him attention. I wonder what that's about.

He catches me staring and gives me a blank look. I quickly remove my gaze away from him to the interior of the café. The price of coffee here is pretty expensive. It's my weekly grocery money. I'm sure I won't be able to afford even with my new job.

"Ok I'm off" Mr. Rex says, tossing a few dollar bills on the table and leaving us not without sending me a nod.

Which I sincerely find weird. I haven't uttered a word to him except from greeting him when he got here. I don't comment. I nod back. I see a small smile on his lips as he walks out of the coffee shop.

Weirdo.

Mr. McClain collects the money from the table and counts it. "At least he is generous today." He mutters but I hear him. He waves his hand for a waiter to come.

A waiter runs over. Practically. The patrons eye her.

He drops the cash back on the table. "Take this cash on the table. It's your tip." He tells her. Her eyes widens, I think mine does to. It's like 400 box. I can't believe someone can be this generous.

Especially him.

The waiter collects the money from the table. Thanking him profusely before scampering back to her stand at the back.

"Let's go." Mr. McClain says. He walks ahead, leaving me following behind him. I struggle with his strides because of the heels I have on. Which is a pretty bad choice in foot wear, if you'd be doing lots of legwork.

One thing I'm buying after I receive my first paycheck are flats My feet aches like hell.

He slides into the driver seat of his car. I slide into the passenger seat. Not graceful as him, though. My messenger bag gets stuck. Or let's put it this way, it doesn't enter with me. When I yank it too hard, it slams into my arm. I finally sit, my coffee isn't any better, nearly half of it pours on my skirt in my struggle, so, I chuck it out. Frustrated.