xxxvi(edited)

This chapter was thoroughly edited.

[[|]]

The light glaring at my face, wakes me up, my eyes are still close. I feel something on my waist and my back on something hard and warm, and I feel hot breathing on my neck. It takes me a second to realize, I went home with someone last night, my eyes pops opens at that thought. I wince at the brightness and the abruptness of my action. I grit at the pain in my head, so much for not drinking again, I don't even remember half of what I drank last night. I shake my head, disappointed in my behaviour.

As I move to stand up, a tattooed arm on my waist tightens, not letting go. Making me turn my head to see the face of the person I went home with last night. His face is hidden, half hidden in my neck and in the bed. His back is tanned, like he spent more time outdoors than indoors. He has a very muscular back, with cords of muscles running down his back, there is a dip near the southern region of his back, that is covered by a blue duvet, which also covered me.

I try to move again, he stir in his sleep, I feel something poking me in the curve of my ass, my face heats up at that, I close my eyes, mortified. I look back up to his face, shock fills me to the brim.

This has got to be some serious joke.

This can't be happening.

No, seriously, this can't be happening, for real.

I start panicking. I can't believe my first one fucking night stand is my ex boss. How didn't I notice?

Maybe it's because you were drunk off your mind, my conscience chastise.

Please don't start.

Did he know it was me?

I'd like to think, he didn't, because if he did I know he wouldn't have touched me. But what am I saying maybe he wanted to use it to humiliate me, more he has already done.

I push his arm off my body like it burns me, which surprisingly moved off very easily, I jumped out of the bed and my dress on the floor there along with my panties, which from the looks of it, it's torn. I don't even want to think of what we did last night and I'm thankful I can't remember. As I bend to pick my dress, there's a slight pain in between my legs, I close my eyes and groan silently. I'm never going out clubbing with Gladis and the guys, especially Gladis.

I put in my dress quickly, I see my purse on his night stand, I make sure not to look at his face, I carry it, putting my panties inside and check if everything is still inside. I see my heels I lent from Gladis by the door. I rush to it and quickly put it on. I grab the door handle, pulling it open making sure to be quiet, I'm not ready for  any awkward conversation this morning. I just want breakfast, English if possible.

Once out of his room, I close the door silently behind me. If my corrections are correct I'm on the second level of his house and I can only use the group floor to exit, I have to use the elevator, which is  to my right, he doesn't use stairs in his house. I walk to it, pressing the ground floor button, it opens and I step inside, the door slides close with a ding. It doesn't take long before I'm on the first level, the door opens with a ding. I walk out quickly, the house is silent. No one is around it seems, it'll make my getaway easier, I pass the kitchen and living room as I walk to the door.

"Who are you?" A small voice stops me, I turn around to see a boy. What shocked me again today for the second time is how much this young boy looks like Mr. McClain, the only difference that he is toned almost like my skin colour and his eyes, the two eye balls has different colour, one is blue and the other, brown. He has heterochromia. He is a handsome boy. I'm sure when he grows up more, girls will willingly walk naked, if he requests it from them.

I think of what to tell the boy, he looks old enough to be able to take the truth so he is probably 8 or 9, but I know I couldn't tell me the truth. "I'm Mr. McClain's friend," I lie with a smile.

He scanned me from up to down. "I have never met you before. I have met all my dad's friends," he tells me,not looking impressed. He confirmed my suspicions, he is Mr. McClain's son. So why have I never seen him before? Not like that's any of my problem. I just want to get the hell out of here, before Mr. McClain comes down.
"He doesn't have many," he says, his eyes shining brightly like he finds something humorous.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. We'll catch up next time," I say, though the last part is a lie.

Next time, I pray I never see Mr. McClain again.

I turn around and walk to the door, grabbing the knob, I twist it open and practically run out of the house, feeling the boy's eyes on me, following me, burning through my clothes. The intensity of his stare reminds me so much if his father.

[|]

Adam

I'm not going to lie but waking up to an empty bed is really disappointing. I thought I would wake up to Gbemi soft body on mine, this morning but she probably saw me, freaked out and ran, smart decision on her path. And another thing I'm not going to lie, even with Gbemi drunk, sex was amazing. The sounds she made were musical. Even with her bailing out I still had a smile my face, my eyes has light in them.

I feel liberated, I can't believe one person can invoke this much emotions in me all at once. After I lost my mum, I became dead. When my mum was buried, a part of me  was buried with her and she'll probably hold that part of me with her forever. I thought I wasn't capable of loving then I met......I put a pause on my thoughts. I don't like thinking of her, that woman that destroyed me for other women, I only felt anger when I thought of her.

I come out of the elevator and walk to the kitchen, Kairo is already there pouring cereal in his bowl. "Good morning, champ," I greet him, roughening up his hair, I know how much he hates when I do that but I love doing it.

He doesn't say anything which makes me worried. Kairo is a talkative, always talking about everything and anything. So I'm surprised he doesn't have anything to tell me. I look at his face, he looks calm, too calm fir my liking. "Kairo is anything the matter?" I ask.

He doesn't answer me for a few seconds, purposely making me anticipate, then his lips move, "I saw your friend, dad," he emphasizes on the friend.

Oh shit.

He saw Gbemi leaving, she must have told him, we were friends.

"Oh, you met her. Isn't she lovely?" I ask playing along, heading to the refrigerator to get milk, I open it and bring out the milk. "She didn't have anywhere to stay yesterday so I invited her to stay."

"Yeah, she was in a hurry so we didn't get to talk long," he tells me tilting his head to the side, contemplating. "Dad you don't have black women has friends, you don't even associate with them." He tells me. "So who is she? One night stand?"

I blame Bryan for everything, that went wrong with my boy.

"You know for a nine year old, you analyze things a lot," I say liking it and hating it at the time. Kairo is a smart kid, sometimes to smart for his own good.

He smiles showing me his perfect white teeth. He spends a lot of time making it look sparkling white. "Dad I got it didn't I?" He asks.

I nod, not seeing the use of lying to him, he pumps his fists into the air, excited. I groan internally now I have to beg or bribe him not to open his big mouth and spill all this to Bryan and Chelsea. I'll surely die of embarrassment if any one of them finds out. They would never let me live thus down. So much fir encouraging Kairo to be expressive.

🌟
Hey guys,
So I want to give a brief life update,
I haven't feeling well all week
My school started freshers week which will be ending tomorrow, has our matriculation.
If you want pics of the event, check it on Twitter @eccentric.me.🥀🌼.