xxv (edited)

This chapter was thoroughly edited.

[[|]]

Last night: Halloween night.

Adam's POV

My phone pings in my hand, there's a notification from Instagram, I tap on it. It's a notification from Gbemi's IG account that she posted something. What, sue me. I wasn't thinking properly when I started stalking her on social media, I ended up following her with my private account. I just wanted to be able to check up on her without having to ask anyone, I didn't want anyone's questioning me.

She didn't really didn't post much, just occasional photos, not hers though. Last week, she posted a girl, the girl had some similarities to her but I thought it was her, until I read the caption, I realized it was her sister. She has posted pictures of nature and her friends but not of her, so, I'm readily shocked by the photos she posted, she is dressed as a cow girl. A sexy cow girl. She looked got, she looked different but she still managed to look like herself.

I'm having a hard on just by looking at the picture, they were a lot. I didn't even notice the other people in the pictures, I didn't look at my ground floor secretary or my best friend younger brother or his boyfriend. My eyes keeps searching for her in the pictures, I can't seem to stop myself from doing it. In the pictures, she looks different from the innocent looking girl I knew. She looks sexy as hell, the make up on her just highlighted her beauty, the blonde wig made her look like a doll. I could tell she was drunk in most of the pictures, she had a drowsy look in her eyes.

I had to adjust my pants to hide my bulge, it was no doubt imprinting itself, it was painfully hard. If not for Kairo I would have left for a cold shower, my brain was imagining Gbemi naked on my bed, I couldn't think past that.

"What a lovely night, isn't it?" Someone speaks breaking me from my dirty thoughts, I look at the woman who has saddled up besides me, she is one of Kairo's mates parents, that was introduced to me at the  beginning but I couldn't remember her name but the way she's staring at me is making me uncomfortable.

I clear my throat, "Yes?" I reply to it sounded more like a question, I didn't like the weird look she was giving me. I had to be careful around her.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Ashley Brown, Kade's mum," she introduce herself, I didn't feel like being an asshole, tonight. So, I didn't tell her that I forgot her name like I did every other parent here after they were introduced to me and I'll likely forget it again.

I nod, looking around, Kairo is in front of the group, his classmates surrounding him, hanging on to his every words that comes out of his mouth, that's Kairo for you. He always has people's attention anywhere he goes. He is charming like that. Even the parents kept looking at him with adoration, I smile, that's my boy, I want to say aloud for everyone to know because I'm proudly of him. Kairo only started school last year, I was worried he would find it hard but from the reports I have gotten from his teacher, I know he's doing well.

"Do you want to come over for coffee tomorrow? All the parents will be coming over to house, it's my turn to host," she explains to me, I didn't even know that the parents has a get together, this is the first time I'm meeting most of them, if not for Kairo insistence pleading I wouldn't have come.

I didn't feel like spending my Saturday morning with bunch of parents.

What would they be talking about?

Probably bragging about how well their child can do this  and that and the extracurricular activities their children were taking after that they'll brag about their wealth, which will make me uncomfortable. "I have to stay with Kairo," the excuse slips out of my tongue before I think of anything else and I school my features to look sorry. I don't know why I'm being nice to her.

Oh, my son is best friends with her her son, Kade, he keeps telling me about.

A look of confusion appears on her face, making her look downright dumb. "You're Adam McClain, aren't you?" she asks looking at me up and down, sizing me up, I become more uncomfortable but I nod, I just want this conversation to end. "I'm sure you have nannies to watch over him," she says looking at me through her lashes, looking like someone who will soon faint, I'm almost worried for her.

Now I get what all this is a our, she has probably seen some tabloids about me, my net worth and wants to scheme her way in, well sorry for her, she's been too obvious and I know her type, the golddiggers, I hate those type. I decide to end her nonsense before she goes further. "Look Amy, I want to warm you don't try whatever idea that seem to have popped in your head. You're been very obvious, tone it down and look for a stupid man to scheme your way into his life." I tell her then walk away leaving her with her mouth hung open.

🌟
Hey guys,
I'm back with another Adam POV
I hope you read it and enjoyed it .
Thanks for reading. I hope you don't forget to tap on the little star and comment.
Love you❤️.