xvii (edited)

This chapter was thoroughly edited.

[[|]]

For the past two weeks I have been staying at Gladis'. It's been really nice, we have become really close, learning things about each other. It's been great. Diego and Marcel stops by to check on me, which is almost every day, they bring snacks and we watch movies. My friendship with them is becoming stronger. Even though Gladis told me not to worry or go out in search of a job, I feel like a burden. They keep buying me stuff, which in my opinion is unfair to them. I don't like sponging off people, so I have been thinking of looking for a job but at stores or restaurants. Just to help send money back home and continue the payment of my college loans. I also want to pay for rent for this Gladis. And also to save so I have something to fall back on. I don't think I'll be looking for a white collared job. For a while, though.

My bank account was credited about a week ago but I haven't touched it. I sent 500 box back home, I opened an account for dad but he doesn't know, I put some money in it for anything he might need and saved the remaining for a rainy day. I had called Mami and told her about my new jobless status, the reason I wouldn't be able to send money to them for a while. She started praying talking about some evil spirit and what not working against me, I droned her out. That's one of the reasons I didn't call them regularly. They were so spiritual. Something I have never been really familiar with.

Mum and dad would have been supportive and asked if I was alright. I haven't worked on my nerves to tell them yet. Mum was so happy when I told her about my job, I'm sure dad was too when she informed him. I don't want them to worry. It's not like I don't believe in God, I do but I like to separate my believe in Him from spirituality. My parents didn't really insist on me going to church, I stopped going since I became a adult by law.

I have mostly been stuck in my routine for the couple of weeks. I bath early in the morning like I have somewhere to be then have breakfast with Gladis before she goes to work, leaving me. I have another breakfast while watching a reality show- well mostly Keeping up with the Kardashians- watch couple of episodes or sometimes more. I walk around the apartment before having lunch, then have my nap for two hours straight. When I wake up, I continue on where I stopped on KWTK. I watch couple if episodes before preparing dinner for myself and Gladis and sometimes for four.

The knock in the door, averts my attention from the tv to the door. I stare it wondering who the person on the other side is. I'm sure it's not Gladis because it's just a little past two, I woke not to long ago. And I very sure it isn't Diego or Marcel, they are still at their store. I push myself off the sofa and wear my slippers, I check if I'm decent enough, I'm wearing a black crop top camisole that shows my belly and a pair of leggings. This had been my favorite look this week, I really like it, it's really comfortable. Last week it was huge shirts and shorts.

I walk to the door, twisting the lock open and grab the handle swinging the door open. I see the woman next door, Ms. Wilson, standing there with a smile on her face. I have seen her a couple of times when I leave the apartment to throw thrash away, we have never really talked. Only exchanging polite greetings. One noticeable thing about her is, she always has a smile on her face and her ridiculous colour sense. Today she is wearing a brown flowy blouse with oversized flower prints on a yellow flowy pants and blue flip-flops. Her blonde hair piled up on her head, she looks ridiculous in very sense.

"Hey good afternoon," she greets in a bubbly voice that reminds me of a child's voice.

I step out and close the door behind me and ask, "Good afternoon Ms. Wilson. What can I do for you?" This is the first time she is stopping by since I have been staying here.

Her hazel eyes shine brightly. Her crowfeet letting me know, she smiles a lot. She is a pretty white woman with her hair dyed neon red. Her eyes, a mixture of brown and green. Her straight, pointed nose with a little stud, I'm envious of. And her lips was a brilliant red shade. Everything about her was bright and loud, and I loved it. She looks fit, like someone that was athletic in her younger years. "I came to check if you wanted to have tea with me," she replies.

I let my mind absorb her answer and she stares back at me, her smile in place. I haven't really talked to anyone except from my friends and I have been talking to my family in DC. It would be lovely to spend sometime away from the screen and interact with a human being. Watching rich people and their lavish lives is already too much for me. And I'd love to have a good tea. "I'd love that ," I tell her, I am not how but her smile widens. "I'd be over in 5 minutes."

"Ok, I'll be waiting," she walks to her door ten feet's from mine. She pushes it open and enters. Not before giving me a smile.

🌟

Thank you for continuous reading.
You guys are the best. I'm so grateful for the reads I have gotten so far and I'm thankful for the votes.