iv (Edited)

This chapter was edited.

[[|]]

I leave her desk and walk in directions of the kitchen. I go to the pantry to grab the blended coffee beans. I put it in the coffee maker with water and it starts brewing.  Pouring it in two over sized mugs. I put two cubes of sugar in Bryan's mug and add two spoon of creamer. I add another cube, to make it three. Swirling it, before placing both on a tray and walking out of the kitchen.

I wave at Gladis as I pass by. I walk to the elevator designated to the sixth floor. I struggle with the tray as I press the button. I finally do it placing one end of the tray on my hips and the other end on the wall of the cabin. I press the button 6 is engraved on. It starts moving. I hold the tray the tray properly as the elevator ascends.

It stops on the sixth floor, the door automatically parts open. I walk out, balancing the tray in my hand. I walk quickly to the office. I knock. I push the door open with my leg and walk inside. I walk calmly to the desk, placing place the tray on it.

"What took you so long?" Mr. McClain asks, taking his cup of coffee from the tray. He doesn't even say thank you.

Asshole.

Bryan takes his own and gives me a small smile in thank you.

I can't possibly tell him I was complaining about him to Gladis. So lying it is. "The coffee maker had faults."

He hums in his mug and sends Bryan a looks I can't defer. I shrug slightly. Not my problem. "Can I go?"

He drops his mug and sends me his smile. A smile I have known not to mean anything good for me. It looks so calculating. Like he is plotting something. He always is. "I need you to pick my shirts at the laundromat," He says pausing looking at my face. I almost groan but stop myself in time. "And I gave them some suits to dry clean. Pick them up from my house." He continues and dips his hand in the inner pocket of his suit and brings out a black express credit card. My mouth hangs open for a second. I shut it quickly. I have never seen it in reality only on screens. It's gleaming. Begging to be used to buy luxurious items. "I'm going to an event this Saturday, I need a double breasted pine strip midnight blue suit. A complete set. And white shirt."

He hands me the card as I turn around to leave. "And buy yourself a dress you'll be following me to the event."

Horror fills me immediately he utter those words. I think my horror shows on my face because his lips stretch out into a smirk. I know I'm not going to like any second of the event. I scream in my head but I'm frozen outside. The weekends are for me, now he seems like he has managed to slot his devilish self in it.

Ugh.

"You can leave" he says and I walk mechanically out of his office and stomp my foot when I'm outside. I hate that man so much.

|<>|

I pay the taxi driver and get out of the cab. I look at the shopping mall. It is one of the biggest in New York City. It has many high end stores. I'm sure they will have Mr. McClain's suit and shirt. I'll buy any gown I see. Be it appropriate for the event or not.

I could care less.

I walk in and greet the the security. There's a ply board showing the direction of the stores in the mall. It points at the direction of a store for men's clothing. I walk to it. There's no name but it looks exclusive. For rich men like my asshole boss. Many people just walk by, no one venturing in. I push the door open as the indication on the door says and I enter.