vi (Edited)

This chapter was edited.

[[|]]

I place my purse on my laps and fold my arms and stare at the empty seats opposite us. Mr. McClain types in his phone, ignoring me, which I don't mind. What I find irritating his the tapping of his shoe, it's distracting and very annoying. I want to scream at him to stop tapping his shoe but I go for a matured approach.

"Please sir, would you stop tapping your shoe, it's distracting." I say to him and turn to look at the window, only to find out now it's tainted.

Just fucking great.

The tapping thankfully stops. We are both quiet not even trying to make a conversation. Mr. McClain has an air pod in and he is watching something on his phone. I'm making a to-do list for tomorrow on my phone and put a reminder on all of them so I wouldn't forget, especially the first one. Calling Dani.

How is your family dinner going?

I send it to Gladis.

She replies almost immediately sending me pictures on the meals and a text that her mum's food is the best. If Gladis was supposed to be a makeup artist, then her mum wasted her time has a receptionist all those years, just looking at the way she dressed the meals, I have a feeling she will be a good chef, she could have owned her own restaurant.

Yum.

I type and send. She replies back with a smiling emoji.

The driver hits brake making me fly out of my sit I grip my phone tight waiting for my fall but a hand clamps my forearm, keeping me from falling. Sparks jolts up my arm to every part of my body, warming me up, I jump startled at the sensation. He drops from me looking confused at his hand. Where his hand were still warm. I turn to the window and stare at it even if I can't see anything.

My mind is still reeling in the moments his hand clamped on my forearm. I don't understand why I felt sparks. Why did my  body feel warm?

I don't get it but I'm sure it meant nothing, probably my body revolting to his devilish touch. Yeah that sounds better.

My phone vibrates in my hand taking me out of my reverie, I remember that I was chatting with Gladis, before that. I check the messages. She sent me five messages. I didn't even notice.  The first one, 'how is it going with Mr. McClain?' I contemplate telling what happen but decide against it.

It was nothing.

The second message, I think is sent a second later, asking 'If we've gotten to the venue'. And another one asking 'Are you still there?'. Then another one with an emoji with raised brow and 'Helloooo? You still there?'.

Sorry.

I type and send it to her. I reply all her other messages. We continue to chat. She continues telling me how delicious her mum's meal is. I jokingly tell her not to forget me, bring leftovers for me. She promises to bring some for me. I don't keep it mind, writing it off as joke and her playing along.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ †††††† ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ††††††† ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ††††††

The limousine stops and the driver announces we have arrived at our destination. Ending my chat session with Gladis. I send a quick text, telling her we've arrived, switch off my phone and put it in my clutch purse.