vii(edited)

Continuation of the previous chapter.

Sorry for the late update.

[[|]]

I look at the interior design of the hall. It was very beautiful, the designers made sure to integrate the green house vibe in the hall. Not in an overbearing manner. It  was subtly perfect. Every table had a small pot of flower, different flowers. They were large pots placed by the edges of the hall. They were ancient drawings on the pot, which wasn't only beautiful and historic as well. There were cards on the tables, which were  informational, talking about plant and their significance in different cultures.

I look around for any familiar faces. I didn't know any of them on personal level, they are big names in the industries. I think I saw Chris Pratt, not sure. They were some other famous models, I think I even saw Leonardo DiCaprio talking to a lady. I don't see her face, her back to me.

I'm in awe by seeing this many celebrities in one place.

"I knew it was you." Someone says, I lift my head to see Diego and Marcel pullout chairs around the table and sit.

I surprised to see them here and whisper yell, looking around. "What are you doing here?"

"Relax, chica." He chuckles."I got an invite. The Host is a friend. Marcel is my plus one." Diego explains wearing an easy smile. "You look delectable chica. I have seen a few guys openly check you out." He tells me hitting my shoulder playfully.

"You didn't tell me that tonight." Marcel pouts like a petulant child. When  I found out they were in a relationship, I'm not going to lie. I was shocked. Just with the small time I spent with them, they bickered a lot even about the littlest thing. But anyone can tell they love each very much.

"You're not Gbemi. And if any guy stare at what is mine, he wouldn't come out alive." Diego tells Marcel possessively. He sounds so different from the Diego I have come to known. The always smiling, easy going Diego. Marcel bites his lips. His face turning blotchy red. Making me suspect the type of thoughts he is in his head.

Dirty thoughts?

Definitely a yes.

"Thanks Diego, and thanks again for the heels and purse." I really appreciated his help and I was really grateful to him for buying them fir me. If not for his help I'll probably have worn my work heels. Which wouldn't have been enough, seeing what everyone is wearing tonight.

Diego waves me off and looks at my face intently and gushes. "Who did your makeup? It's beautiful, it blends with your skin."

"Gladis, a friend of mine, the receptionist at work." I respond, smiling.

He stares wide eyes at me, "What a coincidence. Gladis is also my friend, she doesn't offer to do facials for me." He comments and the three of us laugh at that.

I'm shocked at that information, I didn't even know. "Wow. What a coincidence. I can't believe that. We need a group chat for the three of us then." I bring out my purse from my purse. I switch it on and tap on the contact icon and hand him my phone. "Your number."

He collects my phone."Yeah, that's a great idea." He says typing his number. He hands it back to me when he is done, Marcel snatches it from him.

"My number too. Add me to the group chat." He tells me and I shrug, why not, I guess I made an additional friend. And I guess I was wrong about me not enjoying myself here at this event.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Diego hugs me from behind, slurring the lyrics of the song blasting from the speaker. Marcel is dancing just few foot aways from us. Not really dancing more like rocking side to side. They are both drunk. There wasn't any alcoholic drink served but this two sneaked some in, they mixed it with the smoothies that were served.

Both of them are highly intoxicated. People around are watching them amused. I don't get what is so amusing about two drunk dudes. Diego hides his face in the crook of my neck, "Grouchy is glaring at me."

I look around, confused by what he said, I see Mr. McClain glaring my way. I wonder what his problem his.

I haven't seen much of him. No let me rephrase. I haven't seen him since he left me with Chelsea. And I didn't care. A soft snore pulls my gaze away from Mr. McClain, Diego had fallen asleep. Great. Just fucking great.

"Let's get both of you home."

After calling his name so many times and pinching his side. He finally wakes up. I drag him with to get Marcel and tell him we're going home. After much persuasion, he finally agrees.

I ask if they brought their car and tell me finally answer me, telling me yes, after so many trials. And I ask for their keys. Twice. I threaten to leave them here and  Diego gives me. Immediately.  I decide that I'll be driving them home. I didn't want them to be a danger to themselves and other innocent pedestrian.

The next problem is looking for their car in the underground parking lot, because they can't remember where they parked it, after so many tries, we find it. They climb in the back seat and I slide into the driver's seat and see a card in the head board, it has information of where their house is located, it's like they knew they wouldn't be driving themselves home. I drive out of the parking lot to their house with the help of GPS, I turn on the music so they wouldn't fall asleep. I drive to the gated community where there house is, the security let's me in once I tell him their names, their house is a nice two storey building with a manicured lawn like every other house here, I'm envious of it but I shake it off and park in their driveway. The card also gives me information of where they kept their key, I lift the door mar and take the key, I open the door and herd them inside, I switch the light on in the living room, it is a bachelor pad, the sofas are black and the coffee table in the middle has wheels, there is a large screen about 70 inches and some games, no other designs except pictures of themselves, the wallpaper is grey. The both of them slump on the sofa in front of the of the tv.

I find the kitchen, which is just the next space next to the kitchen, to collect water for both of them and look for aspirin. I open the fridge and take two bottle of water and carry it to them in the living room, they are sleeping already, so I drop the bottles of water and sit on the love seat adjacent them, removing my heels, to get comfortable.

This chapter is fictional, nothing here is real.

What do you think of the chapter?

Hope you enjoyed reading it.