xxxi (edited)

This chapter was thoroughly edited.

[[|]]

The Sullivan's house is two streets away from my parent's. They had changed house, after I left for college. It was bigger than their other house and also my parent's. It looked like a mini mansion.  It is painted white and had porch touches that lit up the driveway and the front of the house. The porch was neat and there were rows and rows of artificial plants by the side.

Dad parked the door behind a station wagon, stopping the engine and removing his car keys.

"Everybody's with their own package, right?" Mum asked turning to look at the three of us, she looked at the microwave plate on our laps. "Ok let's go." She says grabbing her purse in the cup holder and pushing her door open, we all followed after her. Dad rolls his eyes and, looking amused at her and getting out of the SUV.

We walk a short distance to the front door, mum presses the door bell and it rings a fancy tune on the other side of the door. We all wait, staying quiet and the door opens revealing Mrs. Sullivan, she smiles at us. Mrs. Sullivan is one of those people that you envy their beauty regardless of their age. She was that beautiful. With her shiny blonde hair, that was always in an intricate style, to her face, she had one of those pretty heart shaped face, with hazel eyes, that shone different colors, depending on the emotion she was feeling. With the beautiful smile on her face, her eyes was shining golden. She was slender and had her curves right on her body, she visited the gym and it made her look fit.
The dress she is wearing added more to how beautiful she looked.

"Welcome. You're here early." She ushers us in. The white ambience of the living room hits me, everywhere is sparkling white.  The sofas, the coffee table, the arts on the wall, everything is white. They must pay a lot to have it look this way. "Have your seat everyone," she gestures us to seat, noticing the microwave plate in Dani, Carl and my hands. "Grace, you've done it again. How many do I have to tell you not to bring deserts when I invite you for diner. I'm supposed to be the one feeding you."

"Lucy, it's not right to be a guest and not come with anything," mum retorts.

Mrs. Sullivan scans us again, taking me in again, "Mi, you're back," she states.

"Yes, Mrs. Sullivan, I came back for the Thanksgiving," I say smiling.

"Come and give me a hug, I haven't seen you in a year or is it two?" I place the microwave plate in the side table next to me and walk to her, she wraps her arm around me, squeezing me. I'm hit by the familiar flowery scent of her perfume, making me realize how much I have missed her. One thing about cutting ties with someone, you lose not only them, you lose the people that are connect with them. I started avoiding Mrs. Sullivan after breaking up with Jerry. Apart from my family, she's one of those people that can read me well. "How've you been?" She asks after releasing me, holding my hands in hers.

"I'm good, I feel better now that I'm in your presence," I joke and she chuckles, patting my hand. Dani coughs behind me.

"I missed you my sweet girl," Mrs. Sullivan says. "Don't be jealous Dani, I see you every once a month, Mi, here decided to leave us to NYC, so lemme give her love." She tells Dani and I turn my head to Dani and stick my tongue out, she looks unamused at my antics, I smile smugly at her. "Ok let's have our seats. Jake is preparing dinner."

Mrs. Sullivan couldn't cook for shit, so she left cooking for her husband, she almost burnt their former house one time, trying to cook. She had forgotten to check on her food. She had told us that when she was younger instead of learning how to cook, she spent her time being a cool person. She is kind of the fun mum.