xxxviii(edited)

I anxiously look around the airport. My flight had been delayed due to some technical issues. I had anticipated for the flight so much, after visiting my parents for Thanksgiving. I didn't think it'll be possible to visit them again for Christmas but after checking my account balance. I found out I had extra cash to spare for the flight to go but I just had to squeeze some cash for the flight to NYC.

I wanted to give my family their gifts this year, personally and I couldn't bear to miss out on all our fun traditions for the holidays. I am sitting with a old couple, who from what I heard were going to pay their children and grandchildren a visit in DC. They had this charm around them that really stole my heart and I loved their dynamics so much, they stood each other so well and were so in sync with each other, I couldn't help to think if I could ever have that with anyone.

"Miss?" The woman call for my attention, I look at her. "Please can you help us read this out from my phone?" She asks. "Jude forgot to pack our glasses," Jude is her husband, he looks sheepishly at me.

I smile and nod, "Sure," I take the phone from her. "Your PIN."

"It's 521908," she says wearing a beautiful smile. "It's Jude's birthday."

"Martha. Darling, you don't need to tell her that," Jude says, sending me a apologetic look.

I shake my head, mostly amused by them and input the PIN. "What should I read?"

"A text just came in, I think it's from Natasha," she tells me, her brow furrowing. "Or it could be from Daniel, but I know how he is he never text only calls or it could from. Ester. No it's from Faith." She settles on.

"Darling, just let the young lady check it," Jude says.

I smile at Martha, she's really something. I tap on the message icon and all the messages that's been sent to her poos up and I see the message from Faith, I smile, she was right about the last one. "It's from Faith." I tell her.

She smiles cockily at her husband. "I said it." Jude just shakes his head at wife adoringly.

"Should I read it?"

"Yes, thank you so much for this."

"It's not a bother," I tap on the message and read it out loud, "Mum, I'm really excited that you're coming to visit us, Penny has been really excited for it. You'll be staying with me as planned and your bedroom has been prepared to fit the both of your taste. I have also baked all this holiday treats, so you wouldn't stress yourself when you are here. You're going to have the ultimate holiday this year with myself and Penny. Can't wait to see you and dad. Love you. Have a safe flight." I smile. She's definitely took her mum's character.

I look up at them, Martha has a soft smile on her face, even Jude too. "That's our Faith."

I hand Martha back her phone. "Thank you......."

"Gbemi

"You're Nigerian?"

"Yes."

"Jude visited when he was much younger, he has never stopped talking about it." Martha tells me.

"Is that so?"

"Yes, I really enjoyed my time there."

"I'm glad you did." I couldn't really say much because even though I was connected to the country, I haven't really falling in love with it.

"Did you grow up there?"

"No, I grew here in the states and I've only been there once," I reply.

"Good to hear that," Jude says, he really wasn't much of a conversationalist. That was his wife's fortress.

"Your family lives in DC?" Martha asks after some seconds of silence.

"Yes, I lived there until 5 years ago when I left for college," I answer her.

"You didn't want to move back?"

"No I don't have some good memories there."

"That's sad to hear."

I nod.

"Flight 403256BC going to Washington DC is ready for service, passengers should be checked in at the desk before entering the plane. It's scheduled to leave in an hour." An automated voice says.

"It's time for our flight," Martha says standing up and stretching, Jude carries their luggage and I follow suit. We walk to the desk together, making small talk on the way to the desk. After we're checked in, we doing out we're seated besides each other, which is a plus for me because I know they are decent people and I wouldn't have to sit besides a crying child.

🌟
Hey guys,
Another update from me.
I hope you guys are really enjoying the story.
Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Love you guys so much. ♥️❤️♥️❤️.