iii (Edited)

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update for two weeks but my phone was faulty and I wasn't able to log into any device, but I promise to post two chapter today.

This chapter was edited.

[[|]]

"Gbemi" someone calls my name and something pokes my side, that voice sounds familiar why am I hearing Mr. McClain's voice in my dream.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD YOU DEVIL.

I shout in my head.

I look at Bryan, the company's legal lawyer and smile. He smiles back at me showing me his pearly whites and holds my hand from across the table ad he moves closer to me.

"Gbemi" Mr. McClain voice ruins the moment and something pokes me. Again. I shake it off.

LEAVE ME ALONE YOU DEMON.

I feel my body shaking. I jump up shouting. I see Mr. McClain bitting his lips and Bryan besides him doing the same thing, besides him.

My cheeks becomes warm. I drop my head, to hide my embarrassment. I bite lips to stop myself from groaning. "I'm so sorry, Sir." I apologize. My voice flat.

Then they both burst out laughing. Not silently. A raucous laughter.

I almost die of embarrassment.

I look up to see tears running down from Bryan's eyes. At m least I made him laugh. Not exactly, the way I wanted. My gaze shifts to Mr. McClain, he is clutching his stomach tightly. I fear he might have a constipation.

After a while they stop. Bryan wipes his cheeks and Mr. McClain collects himself. He tries to look at me in his normal cold descending way but his bright blue eyes still hold some twinkles in them. They can literally light up a room. I stare at them liking the way the colour swirls in them. Mr. McClain clears his throat bringing me back from my reverie.

"I need those files in my office. Now." He orders me and turns around to enter his office. Bryan follows him, winking at him before entering the office.

My cheeks becomes warmer. I blow them out hoping to reduce the warmth in them. I scoop the file Mr. McClain ask for and walk to his door. I knock before pushing it open. I walk to his desk and place it gently. I can  feel both men eyes on me. I try to pay no mind to it.

"Do you need anything else, Sir?" I inquire, hoping he didn't. I did not like spending time in his presence for too long. He make my mood, sour.

He looks at the file before lifting his head to look at me. "I need another cup of coffee. Black. No Suger or cream."

  Blah, who drinks black coffee with nothing?

I guess my devilish boss.

"Would you like anything Bryan?" He asks Bryan. From the gist I got from Gladis. Yeah we've become good friends. They are best friends, have been since they were kids. Even though I wish Bryan wasn't friends with the devil. I knew he wasn't like Mr. Devil.

Bryan beams at me, causing my heart to race. God I love his smile. "Coffee, sugar and creamer. Add extra."

I live how childlike he sounded. I sigh inwardly, at Bryan, dreamily. They couldn't be more different.

"Ok, Sir." I say.

I leave both of them in the office. I lean on the door reveling in Bryan's smile. He has a nice smile. The door pushes open making me jump and step away from it. I shake my head and I walk to the elevator. There's no kitchen or pantry on this floor. I have to go to the ground floor to make coffee.

I enter the cabin and press the button 1 is engraved on. I rest on the wall of the cabin, watching as the elevator descends.

The door automatically parts open, when it gets to the last floor. I walk out. Stopping by Gladis' desk."Hey girl."

She stops her work on her computer and turns to me. She touches a spring of hair of my kinky afro. "Hey girl. I love your hair, how many times have I told you already?"

This girl is really good for my confidence.

"Like 5 times already. But no worries I love compliments, keep it coming." I tell her, sounding cocky.

She smiles and shakes her head, "Mr. McClain is definitely rubbing off on you." She remarks, smiling slyly.

I pull a disgusted face. I don't want that man rubbing off on me anyway. "Blah. Please don't make me puke."

She rolls her eyes, "Now you're just exaggerating." She respected Mr. McClain. She told me her parents had worked here for his father for many years. Her mum occupying the same position as her now. Her father. The chief financial officer before Mr. McClain took over few years back. Gladis took over from her mother two years ago after she retired.

I raised at brow at her. "Yesterday he left me with no means of transport at a café downtown. I had no cash on me. I don't take the sub way 'cause the stories I have heard scares me. So I had to walk back here, 10 miles of walking. I was sweaty and tired." She bites her lips to stop her self from smiling, "It's not funny, stop smiling."

She grins and plays with her pen. "Ok that was bad but I'm sure he didn't do on purpose."

I give her an are-you-kidding-me look. "He did on purpose. He said had an appointment. What the fuck, I'm his PA I'll know if he had an appointment. He rushed out before I even said anything. As I packed my things and rushed after him. His car was gone from the parking lot. So he did it purposely." I tell her heatedly. She purses her lips and looking conflicted, "I didn't ask you to support me, it's ok."

My lips curves up in a small smile. At how loyal she was to Mr. McClain. I am not sure he knows he is surrounded by good people.

She sighs. Her shoulder slumping. "I'm sorry. It's just hard to see him in a bad light. I know him to be a good person."

I don't even hesitate. "He might be good to you but he is a devil to me." I tell her. Then remember what I came down for. To make coffee. For Mr. McClain and Bryan. "Bye girl. I have to make coffee for Mr. McClain and Bryan."

"Bye. See you later, then." She says and goes back to working on her system.

Don't you think Gbemi is overreacting by calling Adam a devil?

What do you guys think of Gladis not supporting Gbemi?

Tell me in the comments.