xxiii(edited)

This chapter was thoroughly edited.

[[|]]

There's a dull ache in my head, it's like my heart is in my head the way it is pounding. I open my eyes, a bright light glares directly at my face, making me wince. I squeeze my eyes close. I can't remember opening my curtains, so someone must have done it this morning for me, I think. As I try to move up, the ache becomes sharper. I wince, again, this time at the pain, closing my eyes. Again.

I climb out of my bed, slowly, holding my head in my hands, cautious not to shake my head. I walk past my mirror, I notice I'm still wearing my costume from yesterday. My makeup is all smudged. The red lips stick is smeared everywhere from my cheeks to my jaw. My eyeliner is smudged at the corner of my eyes. Lemme just summarize it, I don't look good. At all. In fact I look crazy. I look down at my costume and I almost scream in horror. My boobs are halfway out my bra, my shirt is just hanging on my shoulder.

What did I do last night?

Apart from that everything looks in place. So, I'm assuming I didn't have sex with anyone. I sigh in relief.

"Gbemi," Gladis calls from outside my door, I turn from my mirror. Slowly, I walk to the door and open it.

"Hey, I'm awake," she looks at my hand holding my head with a raised brow. "My head is pounding."

I notice that she's looking like her usual self, she doesn't look hungover. She's all dressed up and looking bubbly, like we didn't go out and drank ourselves out. She is wearing a pink background with white polkadot shirt and a yellow tank top. And she pulled it off, I guess that's Gladis for you, she can wear a carton and still pull it off. "I see you're suffering you're suffering from your first hangover," she states, wearing her signature smile, I smile back even though not as bright as hers, I'm sure it's just a very little movement of my lips.

"Hrump...it's killing me, are there any remedies?" I ask moving my head a bit, the pain strikes me in a subtle way, I clutch my head tighter.

"Sorry." She says in a sympathesizing manner. "You had a lot of drinks yesterday, so that should explain the way you feel. I made breakfast. An English breakfast, you should probably take it with aspirin and water, it would help," she tells me.

"You don't look hungover," I moan, curious. I mean we drank together yesterday, how is she not hungover.

"I don't really get hungover," she shrugs her shoulder, "I handle my alcohol well." She tells me, then smirks, "Diego and Marcel are in the same state as you." I perk up slightly, happy it isn't only me that's hungover. "They are in the living room bitching about it, let's go."

[[|]]

Marcel gobbles down his pancakes, he reminds me a lot of his boyfriend's brother with the way he eats. When he done he looks around at the table to see if there is more food he could murder. He catches me staring at me, "What?"

"You just murdered those pancakes." I state dramatically. We were eating the breakfast that Gladis made. When Gladis meant English breakfast, she meant English and american together but who cares.

He just shrugs, taking a piece of cheese and bacon, pushing them in his mouth. "If you keep staring at Marcel you won't eat, he eats like a pig when he's hungover."

"Hey," he half yells in offense by Gladis' comment.

"What? It's true, isn't  it Diego?" Diego who has been sitting moaning quietly the whole breakfast, raises up his head.

"Please don't involve me in this." He tells her, Marcel bursts out laughing obviously liking his boyfriend reply, Gladis shakes her head at both of them.

"This is what I went through before you came along," she tells me.

"I'm sorry," I sympathise with her and we both burst out laughing.

"Hey we're not that bad," Diego protests wearing a pout which makes him looks so cute but I don't gush.

"It's not their fault, babe, we spend a lot of time with them, that's why," Marcel says tilting his head up and looking at both of us like we're gum beneath his Oxford shoes. I sincerely forget at times that he is from a wealthy home. He is rich, super rich. His father owns a tech company, they make applications for mobile phones and other devices, one of their games is currently number one in the world.

"Wow! You've finally shown your true self, you snub." Gladis saying pumping her hand above her head like she just won a lottery. I look at Diego inquisitively.

"You see your friend, Gladis, has a stupid theory that my baby is a snub, she has a theory that all rich people are snubs, she has been trying to prove herself right for the past 10 years we've known Marcel.". Diego fills me in, making me realize something, I haven't spent much time with any of them individually, Marcel could eat like that, because if not for our outing yesterday I wouldn't have known that. Marcel eats slowly, naturally.

"I'm not snub Gladis, I was joking around," he tells her.

She hums disbelievingly, picking up a toast bread and spreading butter on it, before eating it.

"Let's spend the day together?" I suggest and they think about it for a moment. They agree to it. I take a piece of toast and apply jam on it, eating it slowly.

🌟

Guys,
Thank you for waiting a week for this chapter, as promised I'm posting two chapters this week.
My posting will be really irregular I'll be starting university soon, I'm still thinking of a way to be posting I've to get used to school first before I'll be able to fit typing and posting in my schedule but until then, I'll figure it out.
Thanks a lot for the reads, keep them coming and please vote, comment and also tell your Wattpad friends about ADDICTION.

LOVE YOU❤️.