Ch. 9 Surprise Gift Shopping

(Y/n)'s POV

I fixed my sweater, the warm material swallowing me lovingly. I can't believe I'm going to meet the Mrs. Todoroki! My thoughts bounced around much like I was as I skillfully put my shoes on, peeking over at Shoto as he thanked my dad for taking us. "Sport! There's one thing about me you should know. Family is important! And seeing them is healthy! Too bad she can't come here for the holiday." Watching my dad's heavy hand collide with Shoto's back had us both wincing as he chuckled shyly.

"Dad! You're embarrassing him! Stop it!" I whined, moving uncomfortably with the new flowers pressed against me. As if he felt my distress, Shoto was beside me, lifting my shirt in the back so the dried up petals fell out of it, and in return I did the same for him. I smiled at the male in thanks, my insides fluttering as the gesture was graciously displayed back. Unwittingly my hand found itself on his cheek, mine heating up as he leaned into me. My hand slowly drifted up to his hair, which I pushed out of his eyes. His warm hand grabbed mine and I couldn't help my heart beat speeding rapidly. He's all I could wish for. How could he be so gentle with me? All at once, in an intentional manner to ruin our mood, I know this for a fact, my dad stepped between us, and a knock sounded at the door in front of the now three people. My gaze snapped towards the door and I watched as my dad opened it.

"AAAHH!! They weren't lying!!" With the pinkette's cheerful squeal, I jumped back, blushing heavily as she greeted my dad next.

"This is time for family!! Why is there another one here?" The obnoxious whining angered me and even saddened me. These were my family.

"Good afternoon, Mei." My mom called from the kitchen. She had been there, cooking Christmas dinner all day. Mei returned the gesture and hugged me tightly.

"Tenya and I were gonna go shopping~ Wanna join, you two?" At her offer, I peered around the door to see a sleek car sitting out front, Iida, getting out of the back.

"Hello, Iida!" I greeted, waving. "I'm not sure that we'll have time, babe! Sho and I are gonna go see his mom." Shoto placed his hand on my arm.

"If you rather spend time with them-" He started offering, silencing when I snapped my face towards his, a glare on my features.

"I wanna meet your mom! I'm sure they understand."

"I always understand! Were you guys gonna walk? Why don't we give you a ride there?" I peered at Shoto, awaiting his answer. He nodded and I smiled, patting his cheek softly.

"Thank you Mei, we'd love to get a ride." 

"Oh, I.. I understand. And here I was, thinking I'd get to meet her too." At my dad's dramatic sulking, us teens laughed.

"I'll call you to pick us up and you can meet her then, if you really want to." My dad shook his head, turning around. Taking the moment to book it, we did just that, the door shutting behind us.

"Are you guys joining us?" Iida asked and Mei shook her head.

"I offered them a ride to Shoto's moms instead." Iida opened the door and Mei climbed in. "Come on, you're next to me hottie." I rolled my eyes, quietly thanking Iida as I got in. Shoto crawled in next, Iida shutting the door.

"Thank you." Shoto and I chimed together once Iida had gotten into the front seat.

"Of course! Now, where does she live?" I turned to Mei, as Shoto gave Iida the answer.

"Ohhhh my goodness, girl. What were you thinking, coming over?" I asked, grabbing her arm.

"You turned your notifications off for the all girl group or you'd know we're all talking about you~!" Her squeal had my grin dropping as I fished my pocket for my phone.