Ch. 25 One Final Practice

Shoto's POV 

"Midoriya!" As he stopped what he was doing and started turning my way, I closed my eyes. If she's so sure she got it fixed- My fist collided with his cheek, a gust of wind pulling us apart. The sting in my cheek relieved me, and I opened my eyes cautiously.

"Todoroki?" Looking at the fluff of green hair, my heart leapt.

"Midoriya." I confirmed.

"I'm back!? I'm me!" As he started crying and running off to who I could only assume was Uraraka, I just stood in place. I'm really back.. in my own body…

"Shoto!!" Only catching the (h/c) girl as she collided into my chest, I listened to her tearful voice as she held me. "You're back." Her whisper left me speechless, and I held her closer.

"You… You're actually happy?" I mumbled, blushing as I felt her nose brush against my neck.

"Of course! I haven't been able to hug you all week." Hearing past her sarcastic reply, my eyes watered as she started nuzzling into my neck. "Are you okay?" Nodding silently, I just held her as classmates stared at us in confusion.

"Okay, class, if you couldn't notice the oddities this week involving Midoriya and Todoroki, they had been body swapped, and until we knew just how, we weren't going to tell anyone."

"That explains it-"

"Awe, no fair, I owe Sero money."

"And me-"

"You guys really suck at being each other." The comments and laughing, paired with a couple confused glances had a laugh trembling in my chest. I didn't know why, but I wanted to laugh, cry, and yell for them to all go to hell at the same time. Peering at (Y/n) as she patted my back, I grimaced.

"Come on, let's get you out of here." Nodding, she let go, and we left, Aizawa scolding the class for their antics. I missed her touch as we slowly made our way to the dorms, yet was relieved with the lack of touching. "You feeling any better? You seemed so overwhelmed." Slowly turning my attention from the grass to her as she walked with me in pace, I felt peace run over me. There's a word for that feeling? Instead of asking aloud in fear of her teasing me, I opted for a teary smile.

"Thank you." She smiled back, and my face flushed, dropping my gaze back at the grass. Running my hand over the opposing shoulder, I tried in vain to make the pink in my cheeks vanish. "So, uh… Would you like to get breakfast with me tomorrow? A-at that one place?" I had felt confident the first time I ever asked her there, but this time, I just felt dumb.

"Didn't I say you could only take me to breakfast that one time?" Faltering, I stopped walking as I recalled she did, in fact, say that. "Hey, hey, I'm just teasing. We can do whatever you'd like tomorrow." Glancing her way, I gulped back the anxiety that cascaded over me and nodded. "So, do you still want to watch a movie? Or maybe you'd just like to be back in your room." She humored out loud, washing the negative emotions away. It was like I was floating, the endless stars over us, just us. Reaching out, I paused as my fingers curved around her wrist. "Yes, Shoto?" Her eyes locked with mine, taking the air from my lungs.

"Maybe instead of a movie… You'd like company tonight?" The words didn't sound like mine, but I wasn't going to retract them. I wanted to hold her for the night, to let my body melt into her comforting touch. Watching her face take on a flushed look in the moonlight had my heart racing. Wanting this image in my brain forever, I traced her features with my eyes. Slowly lifting my other hand to her face, she had been faster, covering her face from me.

"Such a weird way to ask to cuddle. Come on, dummy." My trance was broken as she dragged me by the hand on her wrist to her dorm.

Smiling as I shut the door to her room, I glanced back at the girl I kept fighting my feelings for. Worried that our relationship was as fragile as glass and would break if I dropped my guard. She hopped on her bed, stretching. "I'm so glad… You really need to let me know when you're upset." She sat up abruptly, glaring at me. "You cried at lunch, been radio silent all week. It's exhausting when I don't know what's wrong." Gingerly stepping over to her bed, I sat down and pulled her to me.