Ch. 20 Dabi's Fuck Up

When the inspiration to write this chapter in particular happened, I just kinda wrote and rambled. So. Trust me when I say I know these are not fully Canon writings of the villains. Thanksies.

(Y/n)'s POV

Slumping out of the compact area, I flinched at the dimly lit room, expecting it to be brighter. "What are we doing with her?" A nasally voice spoke up first, and I squinted at a man with blue hair, scratching at his neck. Shigaraki… Having known who a portion of these people were, despite not knowing how they sound, I did know their quirks.
"She's a new face, I assume you see potential in her?" I glanced at one of the masked figures. "She looks weak though." Twisting my face, I growled at him. "Fantastically ferocious! I take it back!" A second voice spewed out of him and I blinked. Twice. Trying to calculate who they were one by one was harder than expected.
"Yeah, yeah, something like that." My breath hitched as I looked at the male leisurely making his way to me. "I'm going to ask her some questions and keep an eye on her. You guys can leave." Peering over at the only female in my sight, I frowned as she giggled and left with the others. The door shut with a sickening slam and I eyed him down. "Naturally, they want me to handcuff you. But you won't be trouble will you?" Shaking my head, I had to stabilize my breathing. I need to assess the situation. Bakugo was kidnapped once before, or so I had been told. So I'll be okay, just listen and do as I'm told…. Be patient. He moved his hand closer to my face and I leaned back. "Soulmates!" He laughed and I gulped, raising a brow. "You have one of those?" His face leaned closer and I paused at the crazed look in his eye.
"Well, yeah… Doesn't like… 90% of the population?" I asked dumbfounded. Did he not have one?
"Smartass." His look became pointed, his lips quirked up. "A nice trait for my brother's soulmate."
"Excuse me?"
"Shoto. He's your soulmate, isn't he?" I frowned and started to shake my head no, yelping when he slammed his palm into the wall next to my head.
"Don't lie to me! I saw the proof of it. How… romantic that he'd run to you." He spat, snarling.
"Okay, fine, what about me being soulmates with Shoto? Why are you calling him your brother?" I had seen pictures of his siblings. His brother had gray eyes and a friendly smile, and was broad shouldered. Glancing into his eyes, I frowned as I saw his grin. His eyes were icey, teal and dangerous. Like Endeavors.
"Of coourse~" He slowed his words with a mock joyous tone. "Why would he tell his girlfriend about his dead brother? He has to keep pretending his life is perfect." My blood ran cold as I recalled our first breakfast date, and how he mentioned losing his brother.
"Toya." I breathed, causing his eyes to lighten ferociously.
"Well, I'll be damned! Does he mention me for pity points?" He laughed and I started to shake. "I bet he's doing well. Having everything I wished for." As he started rambling, I became rigid, only seeing red.
"Wished for? I don't know you, but seeing as you escaped Endeavwhores abusive grasp, I say you're the real winner." I shakily stood and he followed me, grinning. "Just half a damn year ago, your brother was almost raped. By word of your father. The order of his."
"That's better than no attention, dumb child. But that's okay! I have you, so I can indirectly hurt him, and that pain will only hurt our dad. I can't wait!" He reached forward to grab me, but I was quick, dodging from his arms and towards the middle of the small room, glancing up at the light bulb, I whipping off my belt in a swift motion, the metal piece making contact with a sharp shattering sound. "Dumb girl!" He laughed, his arm lighting up. "My quirk is flame!" He bellowed out and I gulped, shifting my arm into a metal bat before he could fully see me. "Oh? What was that?" I swung as he spoke, barely catching him. His reflex was faster than my pullback and he grabbed my arm. "Cool and slick to the touch? A bat?" He questioned and I bit my lip.
"Absolutely! My quirk is being able to pull stuff from thin air!" I mustered up fast. Pain filling me as he was quick to test this, lighting his hand on my arm up. I tried to keep my pain from being voiced, by quickly pulling my arm away and shifting my other arm into my huge body shield.
"Perfect, you pulled out an-" I could hear him move and took the opportunity to hopefully catch him off step, ramming the full force of my body into the shield. He let out a choked laugh from the impact, but I forced myself to move against him, throwing him and my shield into the wall behind him with a sickening crunch sound. Hearing movement on the other side of the door, I transformed my arms back, looking at the bright light worriedly. There stood Shigaraki, and the others.
"What happened?" I looked down and mustered the will to find tears.
"He took off my belt and said he was gonna… do things…" I whispered. "I have a bad past and blacked out.. I'm so sorry…" I cried. "Please don't hurt me." False truth laced my words, but real as I pleaded not to get hurt. Looking at the male, I watched as Twice walked in and placed a hand on his face.
"He's still alive." He turned to the group. "The sick fucker should have died!" He piped up and I stepped back at the leader's annoyed huff.
"Twice, get him out here. Mr. Compress, watch the girl." With them gone, I stared at the masked man, sitting down as the door shut, taking the light with it. My arm burned, but I tried to ignore it, knowing that as long as I was aware of its pain, so was Shoto.
"Wanna tell me what really happened?" I blinked, looking down.
"What do you mean?"
"I'm well aware that he probably didn't do that. However, he probably deserved what you gave him." Panicking, I frowned.
"I wasn't trying to hurt him, just make him unconscious. He was talking about torturing me to hurt my soulmate… And that didn't sit right with me, I'm a tad overprotective of him.." I could hear his amused chuckle from my seat, echoing in the bricked room.
"What's your quirk?"
"I don't know you." I replied pointedly.
"Of course, of course. You can call me Mr.Compress, miss. My quirk is compress, what you traveled here in was a marble of mine." Nodding, as if he could see me, I sighed.
"Well, Mr.Compress, my name is (H/n)." Giving him the equivalent of what he gave me should show a mutual respect for him not attacking me. "Uh.. my quirk however… I'd like to ask one more question before I answer that. I'm sure you feel how unfair that is, I'm just curious." I rambled. He laughed a little louder this time.
"So unfair, but seeing as your situation isn't quite fair, I'll let you ask." Gulping, I gave him a small chuckle myself.
"Well, what drives you to be a villain? A quirk like that is magnificent and could be used for heroics, like to save people probably." Listening to his hum in the dark made me unnerved.
"Heros abuse their position. They're not what they should be." He answered simply. And I relaxed.
"Stain." I started, hearing his approving hum. "But see, the problem with that, is that it's so much harder to change things from the other side. If we want change, we have to become that change." I balled up my fist, the flaming hero coming to mind.
"Speaking from experience?" I could practically hear his smile.
"My soulmate's father…. Is a piece of shit. Now, when I decided to apply for the support course of UA, I had actually been following a friend of mine. I didn't know what I'd do with my future. But I started training when I was younger, wanting to protect my soulmate who would be hurt so often. Finding out that the abusive-" Biting my tongue, I tried to steady my anger and spike in anxiety. "Thing.. was a pro hero, I just couldn't accept it. Transferring over to the hero course, because if there's one thing my soulmate and I want; it's to make sure that the next generation of heroes aren't what he is." Breathing hard, as I finally unclenched my fist, feeling returning to them slowly. "I'm sure that give you an inkling to who my soulmate is, don't go after them." My words were resolute and I could hear shuffling.
"Hey! I don't plan to interfere. But so, you think it'd be harder to fix the problem from my side? And it appears our goals are similar for different things." Hearing how amused he sounded went over my head as I heard sounds from the other side of the wall I hadn't moved from.
"Move!!" The moment I launched up, jumping from the wall, Mr.Compress had moved, and I landed on him, ice shattering through the wall. My arm stung and I held in a cry of pain from landing on it. "I'm so sorry.." I muttered, sitting up. Fire was quick to remove the ice from out of the way, Shoto standing there tensely.
"Give her back." He had his phone in his hand, and I silently thanked our agreement to have our phones locations on.
"Shoooto!!" I cried, running at him full force clumsily, transforming into a cat and landing in his arms. He grabbed me tightly, holding me.
"What have you done to her?" I watched his glare turn towards Mr.Compress, fumbling out of his arm, I changed back.
"Leave him be! I'm just fine!" I yelled, despite the clear burn on my arm. It was only him, Midoriya and Iida. "Let's go. Before something bad happens." I ushered on, thankful they listened and Shoto grabbed me.
"Hold on." He whispered, placing me on his back. I blushed and looked at Mr.Compress.
"It's… Shape-shifting!" I called, turning my hand into a mask similar to his as Shoto was quick to start gliding on his ice. I watched briefly as he took off his mask, revealing a big smile, while he waved it. I don't think it's gonna make a difference, but I think our talk today meant something. Smiling to myself, I wrapped my other arm around Shoto, my hand shifting back, kissing his cheek. "Thanks…." I whispered, burying my face into his back.

Bonus!!

Mr.Compress's POV

As the kids left, I put my mask on the moment the door opened back up.
"Where is she?" Shigaraki didn't look at me, instead the gaping hole in the wall.
"Her…. Soulmate came and saved her. I didn't know what to do." He sighed in exhaustion.
"I should be more mad, but I don't even care. We lost against the damn kids again, and then had this big reveal." Biting my lip, I held back a laugh.
"That is sick, sir." I agreed, walking through the door with him, Dabi chained to the wall, still unconscious. I'll keep this a secret.

~skip as well~

"What..? Hey! Why am I chained up?" Dabi woke with a start, trying to pry himself from the wall.
"Nasty ass." Shigaraki commented.
"We have standards in the league. Kids are off limits." I reprimanded.
"She's about my age, can I even trust you not to touch me?" At Toga's genuine question, I felt a pinch of guilt.
"What are you talking about!? Let me down!!"
"No, she told us what you did to her!" Twice declared.
"What I did to her?! What about what she did to me?!"
"You deserve worse!"

2001 words!!!