Ch. 13 Every Quirk Has Its Drawbacks

(H/n)= Hero name
Sup!! So simply put, there is major character injury!! A lot worse than what I've been doing! It's not heavily written, kinda like the SA in my first story, but in this chapter is very heavily implied. In the next chapter, I'll put a more solid warning due to it being an outside viewpoint on said injury!  Also, happy birthday Shoto Todoroki. 🥰🥰🥰 I DREW THIS. I'M A SIMP. I KNOW.
~LisaLove765

(Y/n)'s POV

Putting away my textbooks alongside my classmates, we prepared to head to lunch before heroics. "(L/n), stay back for a moment." I paused, staring at Aizawa.

"Yes, sir." Waving a go-ahead to Iida and Shoto, I made my way to the desk up front. "Sir." Aizawa sat down and sighed, pulling some folders out of his desk.

"Sorry to take from your lunch," He started. "But before we get to training now that school's back in session, I need to talk to you about your quirk." Nodding, I followed his gaze as he read something on the paperwork in front of him. "We train your weaknesses and learn new abilities with your quirks, but we haven't had a sit down over yours yet. You can shape-shift into items and animals, is that correct?"

"Yes sir. My quirk uses DNA from animals and others to shift into them, and for items. I have to have pieces of what they are made from and the knowledge of how they are made." Reiterating my quirks abilities, I watched as he sighed, setting his papers down.

"Others? So you can shift into other people?" I nodded. "Well, then that's something else we can work with. First, let me go over some training ideas I had for you." I sat nervously, looking at him. "Since your quirk is something like that you need to focus on 3 things: Separation. Durance. Complexity. When you use items it's clear you take physical damage, I'm wondering if it is because you see your quirk as a part of you, not an extension of you." I took his observation seriously, it was a good thought, seeing as I never tried to see the item as just an item. "To test this, I'm thinking we have small segments where you build mental strength by reminding yourself that you are not the weapon, you are just wielding it." Quirking a brow, I spoke before he could continue.

"How do you know that'll work, sir?" I sat back as he looked up.

"I don't, but we can't know what exactly will make your quirk better equipped for battle than testing what might be a weakness. Your body takes less damage when you use a shield and sword, so I can only imagine that those are subconscious weapon choices, which means you've separated yourself from them after continuous use. Which leads to my next one: Durance. How long you can go, your usage of them. When I asked, it is based on focusing, unless it's a full body shift, correct?" I nodded wordlessly. "We need to work on how long you can keep shifted, we'll start with one item and a target. And once it seems you're improving, I'm thinking we add another item. And neither will be your sword and shield, sometimes our comforts are not the best." I looked down, I felt like I was in trouble. "Your quirk is very amazing, and you trained them to the best of your abilities being on your own with them." I looked up, shocked, but more touched he'd mention it. Must be a good body language reader… "However, you took the course of support, so your training wasn't ever used. Now, you are in the hero course, and if there's anything I know about my students, it's this: You have amazing potential. And I'm here to make that potential actually show. Onto my point three: Complexity. Items like mallets, knives, and Shields are not extremely complex, and since item shifting is based on knowledge and pieces of the item, could you learn the structure of let's say, a bow? Or a balloon gun?" I nodded.

"But sir, my body can't detach, so stuff like that would be worthless." I countered. He raised a brow and I sat forward. "I may be able to learn to make them, but I can't shoot anything, my body has nothing to shoot." He smiled at me, it quickly vanishing.