Ch 7. Give A Big Welcome To 'Family'

3047 words!
PLEASE READ
First- (A/n) is Aunts name, (U/n) is Uncles name, and (C/n) is cousins name. Sorry.
Okay so apologies, google kept fuckin up BIG TIME and I just couldn't. Get. It. To. Work. Nonetheless. I got the update written! But I do have a question for you guys. While I took that month break due to Kevin's passing, I drowned myself in anime, specifically; Haikyuu. I have written a Suga x reader one shot, and wanted to know if I should make a one shot book to add it to for you guys. It could be specifically for Haikyuu or maybe Haikyuu and My Hero Academia, or it could even be a various one shot book. Let me know guys! Please and thank you. Also you'll wanna listen to the song provided. Its mentioned in the chapter, and might help make you happier after you read the first part of this update. Thank you all so much for the support!! Drawing by me lol.

(Y/n)’s POV

“All I’m saying is it’s not fair to have a stranger here for the holiday!”

I stopped mid stride, staring at the back of my aunts head, time seemed to slow as my dad’s mouth opened and he leaned forward abruptly.

“Shoto’s not a stranger. You are.” I couldn’t even recognize my own voice as I spoke lowly, yet my quip was quick. My aunt turned my direction, gasping.

“How dare you talk to your family that way!” She hissed, her hand twitched as it held the back of the couch, a sign that informed me she was itching to ignore the rules my parents held. My mom shook her head, a disagreeing, noise vibrating my direction, warning me to hold my tongue.

“I’m sorry? Family?” I laughed, my other hand found its way to my cup, switching the item from numbing my hold due to the cold temperature. My uncle’s face held an ounce of hurt, one I semi regretted, he wasn’t the worst person I met, but the woman he married sure was. I watched with careless eyes as the woman in question held the couch tighter, head snapping towards my parents.

“Keep your daughter in check!” She squealed. I stepped closer, unknowing of just what was egging my agitation today, but having a fleeting feeling of my period being the antagonist.

“I’m fairly sure you’re just a guest here though.”

“(Y/n)-!” My mother gasped, but I shrugged it off. I didn’t want to be around my aunt, I hadn’t been doing well in the first place, the overwhelming few months with school and in between.

“I just came to tell you guys hi, and that, well I’d be in my room. And mom, I’ll need my bandages fixed.” I finished my remark with eyes on my mom’s disapproving figure, my hand touching the damp cloth that was poorly wrapped around my head. I suddenly couldn’t understand why she hadn’t been ready to wrap my head after my shower, or why I was the one in trouble. My Aunt had verbally attacked my soulmate behind his and my back, well tried to behind mine. My dad stood, and I stepped back wearily, the uncomfortable amount of anger that his presence held actually scared me a bit.

“My daughter is correct. Shoto isn’t a stranger in our house.” I soon felt empowered by my dad's passionate words, the mere fact that he accepted Shoto helped me immensely.

“And just so we’re clear.” I stepped back towards my aunt, fueled by the idea of putting her in her place. “Unless my soulmate says otherwise, you’re to call him Todoroki.” My Aunt leaned towards me and I quickly turned away from her, knowing it’d only anger her further.

“Listen here you little brat!” She hissed out. My foot had barely moved when a blur of white and red flew past me and a stinging sensation traveled up my arm, a trail of flowers following in a vaguely hand like shape. I stared at the flowers, an ache filling my chest as I slowly processed that Shoto had ran by me. I turned, looking at my aunt who had her hand on Shoto’s arm, her face red with anger. Slowly though her face contorted to one of confusion as she looked at me, then to her hand before it dropped. As her anger faded, mine flared. I didn’t care about what I said because not a word of it wasn’t true. But I was surrounded by confusion as well, confused anger, I hadn’t remembered a time I was this insanely pissed, aside from that night nearly two months ago. She doesn’t have the right! I subconsciously clenched and unclenched my free fist, staring at my aunt. (Subnote to make you all smile: if this were an anime, your hair would be flying wildly. Haha….) I could feel the flowers slowly shriveling up, drifting to the floor between Shoto and I.