Ch. 12 Christmas Morning

Happy holidays!!! And I'm sorry for those of you who don't celebrate Christmas that have to read this. I love you all, thank you for taking the time to read!!!

Shoto's POV

Waiting for (Y/n) to return, I sat up, scooting to the side of her bed she had been laying on. I ran my hands over the warm clothes I had been wearing, smiling some. Despite how I had felt earlier, I was pretty happy. I hadn't had a Christmas where I didn't see my dad. Or got to see my mom the day before, normally I'd have to wait. Looking up when the door opened, I took the cup she held out. "Oh? Thank you." Accepting the cookies she handed me, I moved over allowing her to sit down as we ate in silence. The cookies were sweet, and I didn't know if I had ever told her how much I liked sweets. Looking over at her, she stared blankly ahead, the empty cup in her hand. Standing, I took it from her. She should rest, and I should go put my gifts downstairs. She looked up at me and I made a motion with my head. "I'm going to take these downstairs, then use the restroom. Don't wait up for me." I watched her lay down and roll over. Grabbing the big bag of wrapped goods, I hurried from the room and down the steps, walking to the kitchen first. Placing our cups in the sink, I hummed, deciding to quickly wash them since the dinner dishes had been washed. Taking the bag and carrying it to the living room, I made my way in the darkly lit room.

"What are you doing?" I ignored the aunt's question, pulling the Christmas gifts from the bag and setting them by the others. "Aheemm, I said what are you doing?" Pausing to look at her blankly, I pulled another gift from my bag, putting it under the tree.

"Gee, I don't know." Speaking dryly, I rolled my eyes at her scoff, finishing pulling out the other gifts.

"You put quite a few gifts under the tree." I hummed in acknowledgment, looking at the gifts piled under there. "In our family, we get gifts for everyone. I assume you have something for us in there?" I nodded. Yeah, I got some things for their son. But if they expect something, I'll write a card for them. Crumpling up the bag, I walked past her, before turning.

"Make no mistake, I don't like you." A small flame started at the end of my finger as I flipped her off, heading up stairs. 

Quietly opening (Y/n)'s door, I stepped in. As I shut the door, I stopped moving. Sniffling and hiccups came from the bed and my heart dropped. Why is she crying? Looking around the room as I silently crept over to the bed, I heard the sound muffle. Closing my eyes I tried to calm myself down. What would she do if the situation was swapped? Should I try talking? Sitting on the bed, I slowly laid down, placing my hand on her shoulder. When her head turned my way, I gulped. "....Cuddles…?" Relief washed over me as she nodded and rolled over. With no hesitation, I pulled her to me, rubbing her back and resting my chin on her head. I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what was going on, but I didn't like it in the slightest.

As her snores started to seep through her crying I sighed, holding her tighter, leaning down to kiss her head. Holding my lips to her hair for a moment, I yawned, resting against her again.

~Sleepy Time Skip~

"What are you doing?!" Waking with a start, I started to open my eyes, only to stop when I felt (Y/n) stir in her sleep, her head on my chest. She cuddled into me more and I half smiled, pulling her closer. Waking up like this is the best… 

"Shoto… will you use your quirk?" At the girl's tired, slurred speech, I smiled, doing as she asked.

"As you wish." I mumbled back.

"Excuse me?! Get up!!" My nose scrunched and I peeked an eye open, seeing the Aunt standing in the doorway, the bedroom light on.

"What time is it?" At (Y/n)'s question, I glanced at the clock, a growl building deep in my chest.