Ch.19 A Brief Peace

Bringing my blueprints down to the support room, I smiled at Power Loader. "Thank you for letting Hatsume help me." Bowing some, he patted my head.
"Anytime. Liking the hero course?" I nodded, grinning.
"It's amazing, I'm learning things about my quirk I didn't know I could!" At my explanation, he motioned me on my way.
"Good to hear! But you know my rules, get it done!" Nodding, I walked over to Hatsume and smiled.
"Hey girl." I tossed the blueprints down and hugged her.
"Hi babe! Look at what I'm working on! Don't worry, it's almost done so I can start helping you immediately." She pulled out a remote and a sheet of metal that looked pinned to the wall started moving. "It's gonna be the carpet for our play, Aladdin." I watched in awe as it posed.
"It's perfect! And it's gonna actually fly?" She nodded excitedly, grabbing my hand.
"It's still a prototype, but yeah! I'm excited!" I smiled and looked at the metal as it stilled and she tossed the remote down. "Now let's look at what you got here!" I paused, blinking and resuming my initial plans.
"So, I'm thinking of using a magnetic liquid and some fairly strong magnets? And place the magnets here, here, here, and here." Pointing to the neck, shoulder, elbow and the base of the sleeve. "And maybe here?" I nonchalantly pointed at the side of the chest area. "Because I'm thinking that instead of a beast, the curse makes him like, part demon?" She nodded along, pulling the blueprints to her face.
"Man, but what would be the catch? Because the Beast loses human traits, even while Belle is there." At her hum, I nodded.
"Yeah, I was actually wondering about that too. I don't want the black stuff on his hand fully when she arrives. But it slowly makes its way there. But the problem is, I want it hardened. Uh, like, that, fuck- Venom! Like Venom." She slammed the blueprints down and stared at me.
"OKAY! So you want something that takes on a liquid form enough to have it move down, but hardens for the spikey effect?" I nodded, sighing in relief to her understanding. "Ya know when Beast holds Gaston over the edge? What if it was the liquid stuff? Make it to where it shoots out past his hand, and incorporating a magnet or two in Denki’s collar so it hardens around his neck? Oh my God, and don't tell him! Genuine fear of being choked!" I stepped back at her idea.
"Mad woman!! I love it!" Bouncing back, we got to work, planning on how it'd work and how to make it.
"Is the head piece you mentioned on the blue prints gonna have the ability?"
"No, I'm just going to make a hard plastic for that, and incorporate a red glow into the eye area, so his eye looks red. But I might……" Placing my chin on my hand, I hummed. "I might make the hard plastic hold magnets so it connects to the stuff on his arm. And then, maybe attach a small magnet around here and here?" Placing my fingers around the side of my mouth. "So when he moves his mouth it moves too? And then the drippy look. He'd look so handsome, don't you think?" We giggled together, diving back into our process.
"You think he'd accept it?"
"All I have to do is give him puppy eyes, he's such a softy."

My phone going off interrupted our giggling and I picked it up. "Sup, Uraraka?"
"Hey, are you gonna be up here soon? We wanna work on lines with you!" Sighing, I smiled at Mei.
"You think you can handle it from here?" She gave me a thumbs up and I quickly pecked her cheek, turning on my heels. "I'm on my way, doll." I hung up and made my way back to the training room.
"You gotta sound angry!" Half of the class stood around Shoto, and I stared at them, stepping in.
"But I am-" His voice was just as monotone as normal.
"No you're not. Think of Bakugo or something-" Mineta.
"Watch your fucking mouth, extra!" Eyes widening some, I listened on.
"Oh, I know~" The smooth voice of Denki spoke up as everyone pestered Shoto, and I sighed. If anything's gonna make him mad, I'm sure it'd be him. I cringed, walking over to them. "Just think of your dear ol' dad!" The group jumped back, Tsu knocking into me, and as she apologized, I saw the flames that had shifted them all from him.
"So, you've come to stare at the beast, have you?!" My hand flew to my mouth, as his voice boomed. That sounded… Just like that night… Tears flooded my eyes unexpectedly and I grabbed Tsu's arm tightly.
"Perfect!! Just like that!" The voice of Iida brought me back to the scene and I attempted to stand straight.
"Sorry…" Mumbling to Tsu, I let her go, and looked at Shoto, his flames had started to cease but when our eyes locked, they were gone instantly.
"I'm not doing that."
"You don't sound right otherwise! Please, it's the only way to make that work!"
"I'm. Not." His glare pointed at another classmate, but he stepped my way heavily with each word. "Doing. That." His hand reached out and I instinctively flinched, his eyes were soft on mine, and hurt flashed in them as he slowed his motion. His palms cupped my cheeks and he wiped my face. "I'm sorry. I won't yell like that again." My breath staggered out and tears brimmed my eyes once more, yet I nodded. He wiped the few tears that escaped, and I could see our classmates dissipate. "Instead, let's work on our singing parts for now. I'm not the best at singing." At his awkward confession the little fear I had melted away and I gave him a smile, girlish giggles squeezing past my blocked windpipe before I full-on laughed at him. "It's not funny-" His quick defense was overshadowed by the amusement in his tone and I grabbed his hand.
"Yes it is." I replied back fondly. "Let me grab my script, eh?" He nodded and followed me, our fingers tangling together.