Ch. 23 Swap

Shoto's POV

After our first evening of dancing, it seemed the next three weeks went by in a disastrous blur. (Y/n) talked me back into therapy sessions. And our dancing every handful of nights seemed to help with the play. During the class practices, we worked on other things. Like the group songs, and as the class worked on their own dances, we put together props together.
In hero training she was getting stronger, but it seemed with all of her extra work, she was getting tense. She's working to catch up, so she can take the exam coming up.
My brows furrowed, stopping in place. How can I help her relieve stress? Maybe we could play some board games? Or I could take her to that restaurant she liked. "Todoroki, hey, why'd you stop walking?" Looking up, my hands gripped the heavy rolled up rug tightly.
"Sorry Midoriya. I just hate that (Y/n) is so stressed. I wonder what her extra training with Aizawa has been like. She won't tell me about it." He sighed and sat the rug down, me following suit and unraveling it.
"Have you thought about yourself at all? It seems it's stressing you out." Giving him a blank look, I opened my mouth.
"Do you ha-"
"You're right!!" He cut me off, sitting on the rug. "I do worry more about others, but that's different. I worry about protecting them. She's just focusing." I sat next to him oddly, frowning.
"Let's just do what Hatsume asked." He nodded and pulled out a small remote, clicking a button. We started floating, and I straightened my back. Why didn't she just test this out herself? Midoriya went through the different motions of the flying carpet, and it seemed to be pretty steady with its turning.
"I think this concludes the test. I was pretty worried; her stuff normally explodes." He laughed. I looked over the handfuls of feet above the ground we were.
"Just land this thing-" He made a sound of acknowledgment, and before I knew it, the carpet was plummeting to the ground with a loud crash into the cement.

Pain arched my back and I grit my teeth, sitting up finally. "Aah! A-are you okay, Todoroki?" Nodding, I opened my eyes as the dust settled.
"I'm fine, Midoriya."
"T-Todoroki?!" My brows furrowed as I looked over, surprised to see myself.
"Yeah, it's me." I confirmed, lifting my hand to feel my scar that wasn't there. "...What?"
"This can't be. You look like me. D-Do I look like you?" I narrowed my eyes, nodding.
"Yeah..." Standing up, I dusted off my legs and reached out to help Midoriya. Once he was up, we looked at each other. "I should go tell-"
"Aizawa, you're right. Let's go." Frowning, I followed after him. I was going to say (Y/n)... Upon making it to Aizawa's office, Midoriya knocked.
"What do you want?" As he opened the door and looked at us, I cocked my brow.
"We're having a bit of trouble, Mr. Aizawa! We were helping Hatsume with her project, and it crashed, and suddenly, I'm Todoroki! And he's me!!" Watching as he sighed drastically, in a way that said 'why me', I stepped up.
"I'm not sure what would have caused it. No one was with us, so it couldn't have been a quirk." He walked between us casually.
"Well? Show me the crash site." Nodding, I led the way. I wonder what we're going to have for dinner. I don't recall being this hungry, is Midoriya not eating enough? Arriving at the scene, Aizawa was quick to start looking around, before turning to us. "It might stir panic if it's revealed to your classmates. Since you're sure a quirk wasn't involved, it'd be best not to install that fear."
"But sir, we're two very different people. We don't act alike in the slightest! And it'd be unsafe to train, cause our quirks are so different."
"Go talk to Hatsume, she might know something." At his dismissal to Midoriya's concern, I sighed and turned on my heel.
Knocking on her dorm door, we looked at each other. She wasn't in the school building.
"Coming!!" Sharing a glance with Midoriya, I nodded as (Y/n) answered the door. "Midoriya! Shoto, the test didn't go too well did it? I had some flowers earlier, but Hatsume assured me that if it was problematic that you'd find us."
"I'm fine, don't worry. But uhhh, can we talk to Hatsume? Alone?" Eyes widening, I looked over at Midoriya. I don't talk like that?
"Ahem- Hatsubabe. Come here." The pinkette was next to her in seconds. "I almost didn't notice." She laughed. "Look at their posture!!" After some more small giggles left the (h/c) girl, her face turned serious, looking me dead in the eyes. "Care to explain, Shoto?"
"Well, there's noth-"
"I said Shoto." Midoriya whined, and I cringed slightly at the sound in what I started to realize was my own voice. Glancing around, I placed my hands on her shoulders, pushing the girls into the room, Midoriya following.
"It seems there was a malfunction with the rug. It rode well till Midoriya went to land. It crashed, and we just.... Ended up in different bodies?"
"Hahaha- what?" Hatsume was the first to respond, but I stayed focused on (Y/n)'s expression as she took in the information. Her nose crinkled, and I frowned.
"Is that even possible? Well, whatever, let's go look at the rug." Nodding, I walked back out. "But Shoto, until this is figured out and fixed, I won't be affectionate. No hand holding or anything." Her blunt words hurt, but I nodded in understanding. Oh for fucks sake, just return already.
"My babie!! She still looks intact!" Hatsume ran around the rug a couple of times, examining all the different properties. "Whoa-" She hissed quietly. "It shocked me."
"Huh?" (Y/n), left our side and stepped over.
"Don't touch it. It has exposed hot wires." Hatsume was quick to roll it up and lift it off the ground. "I'll get to fixing this baby, and maybe figure out what happened. Ciao!" Hatsume laughed, carrying the rug from us.
"Want help?" (Y/n) jogged after her and I frowned more, grumbling.
"Todoroki, can you not in my body?" Shooting a glare at him, I stormed out.
"Okay okay, since you insist. Thank you for helping me." I watched (Y/n) kiss Hatsume's cheek and rolled my eyes, walking away.

Laying on my futon, I gazed at the scarred hand I was connected to. What if it lasts forever? What if it actually was someone's quirk and I'm now forever going to look like Izuku? Would (Y/n) abandon me? Even with that nasty scar, maybe she's only into my looks... Tears welled in my eyes and I tore my gaze away from Izuku's hand, curling into myself. That's why she doesn't want to touch you. It's because she doesn't care about you. Maybe all she's ever cared about has been your looks. Maybe it's even your family she's after- No, th-that was Yaoyorozu... never.. never (Y-Y/n). Crying hard into my pillow I had someway, somehow fumbled into my grasp, I didn't register my door being knocked on.
"Pst, hey, Todo...roki..." Glaring at the door from my feeble position I saw two toned eyes looking at me with concerned curiosity. A look I'd never imagine myself creating. Izuku allowed himself into my room after a quick glance around, frowning as he made his way over.
"Leave." I muttered.
"Actuuuaaally... since we need to act like each other, to keep suspicions low, I should technically be the one in here." Closing my eyes tightly for a second, I opened them and stared into the soul of the greenette in my body. "J-Just for the time being, Todoroki! I'm sure the situation will go back to normal in a day or two!" Grumbling, I sat up.
"Can you accurately act like me?"
"Just stay silent. No calling Kacchan.. Kacchan.. Uh, you don't tend to yell. And sit by (L/n). Which you call her and Iida by first name." Standing up, I walked to my door, bidding farewell in a dry tone.
"Oh! Midoriya, yo! Is Roki in there?" Holding back from correcting my neighbor, I just nodded.
"Uhm, yeah! I was just talking with him. Bye!" Walking away, I scowled at the ground. No one needs to explain in that much detail, however I'm sure that's what Midoriya would have done... Making my way to his room was a long and slow process as I hadn't wanted to move from the comfort of my futon. And upon finally making it there, I collapsed onto his bed, angrily taking off my shoes.
His bed was soft, but I was more used to the firmness of my futon, and even (Y/n)'s bed was more firm than this. But every time I tried to roll over. I'd see all the All Might stuff he had around his room, a fan boy for sure, but who could sleep with all these eyes on them?

A couple days passed, and I found myself standing in the doorway to the support course. Hands on my hips, I stared into the room, kids bustling about with after-school assignments. "Todobabe!! You never visit me, must be a special occasion~" Hatsume had been quick to recognize my presence, some classmates muttering around us, probably about the fact I am not Todoroki.
"I'm not your babe." I hissed as she dragged me into the room and to her section.
"All lies. With due time." She snickered, flipping her goggles back over her eyes and working on the carpet.
"Have you figured out what happened?" Looking it up and down, I frowned.
"Nope! But I have some ideas, they don't make sense though."
"How could you have an idea and then say it doesn't make sense?" I blinked, barefaced.
"Well, the exposed wires could have caused an electric current to pass between you both at the same time, and it resulted in some like, molecular structure changes. It's far-fetched, but not as far-fetched as my other idea. My other idea is that, this wasn't mine! Maybe the person who had it last cursed it! Ooooo~" Deadpanning at her taunting tone, I sighed. This is it, you're doomed to look and sound like Midoriya the rest of your miserable life.
"Any way to test these theories?" I asked after a moment of staring at the bright red shoes adorning my feet.
"Absolutely!! And we'll be doing that soon, promise!" Not an answer I wanted, but an answer I'd accept. Now if only I could get this voice to leave me alone... Again.

1810 words!!! Sorry for the delay in uploading this. The idea was such a dumb one, but I wrote it anyway.