Ch 6. Yeah, But Why?

2123 words!!!
So, apologies for the small delay! Man I go on a break for nearly a month and my writing skills DIED gahaha.
This chapter is dedicated to Panadapup! I had asked in a previous A/N what sort of POV you guys wanted. Who you guys wanted the opinions of stated, and she answered me, so I hope this chapter gives you answers, dear!!! Thank you so much! All of you, for dealing with my break.

Denki’s POV

I left the call, tossing my phone to the side angrily. Why does he get to just say he wants it and automatically get it?! That stupid spoiled brat! I glared at my phone as it rang out again. Grabbing it harshly, I flipped it over to view the caller ID. Swiping answer I sighed, holding my phone to my ear. “Sup Mina!” After a moment of rustling I finally got a response.

“Hiya Denki! Can we talk?” My eyes widened and I bit my lip some in debate.

“Suuure! Where would you like to meet up?” I had hoped the drawled out syllables would portray a more ‘normal tone’.

“I’m actually going to come over, don’t go anywhere!” I frowned at her response, the dial tone cutting me off from arguing. Sighing I ran my hand through my hair. Am I really that readable? No I can’t be, Mina just knows me. Putting on presentable clothing, I retreated from my room as my mother called for me. Jogging down the steps towards the closing door, I thanked my mom as she shook her head.

“It’s time for family, not friends!” She teased, turning and retreating to the kitchen. An awkward silence swept around Mina and I, wrapping around my neck in a suffocating manner from the look my pink skinned friend gave me.

“Let's go upstairs shall we?” She gave me her bright smile, but the twitching of her lips as she struggled to not frown had me swallowing my every nerve as I stiffly led her up. The door shut behind her and she leaned on it, the intimidating aura that surrounded her in layers told me that this was serious. I sat on my bed, eye contact steady as she made it clear that I would have no means of escape. “Denki..” Her slow approach had my scowling as my gaze turned sharp.

“I’m not a fucking kid Mina.” Her black eyes widened, honey irises swirling with emotion as they shrunk. Kicking off the door, she took one step towards me and pointed harshly.

“This. Yes you are! Stop being so mean! You’re taking some stupid, nonexistant fight and turning it against everyone. What did I do? What did anyone actually do to you?” Her voice was steady in volume, making her harsh words more spiky, and so much more dangerous.

“You wouldn’t get it. How are they soulmates? How does he just get such a beautiful person? I remember during halloween… He was so tense and angry over her. He doesn’t deserve her at all! No way!” Mina’s manicured nails dug into the bridge of her small nose as she gave a soft scoff.

“We can’t change that though? You have your own you know! And she’s been so upset with you pursuing someone other than her.” The purple haired female flashed in my mind, and the kiss I took from her so she could fight without dealing with my pain came with it. Shaking away the guilt I frowned.

“You hated (Y/n) so why do you care? Why are pretending to care about her and being her friend?” Mina slumped over with an over exaggerated sigh making a giggle bubble up in my throat.

“Denki, this is why you’re worrying us. I made up with her already, and she understood.” The girl sat down on the floor in front of me, looking up at me. “I didn’t like her because I couldn’t believe that Yaoyorozu would do anything she was accusing her of. I didn’t think she was being honest with her worries for Todoroki, but when I-” Her pink skin took on a lighter shade as she seemed to hold back oncoming bile. “When those pictures, those videos.. I just couldn’t. It was proof that I had been living the lie that was folded out for me. I was played. We all were!! For a few days I just kind of felt numb, dumb too cause how could I not see it? But once I came to terms with it I was overfilled with anger and guilt. She got so much hate from me all because I was blinded by my love for my friend. But what are you blinded by? What is keeping you from thinking about how they feel? I mean I’ve always known you were dense but even I can see the way they look at each other now. Don’t you want her happy? Stop being so stubborn, treat school like you are treating this rivalry.” I stared at her, blinking a few times as I processed her words before a firm pout formed on my lips.