Ch. 26 Beauty And The...Demon? Pt1

SIDE NOTE: DO NOT GIVE ME FLAK FOR EDITING THIS. I CRY EASILY. Part 2 will have my own drawing of them ;)

(Y/n)'s POV

Rushing around the dressing room with my hair half up and Hatsume trailing behind me, I finally stopped moving as she tugged rather harshly on the undone apron wrapped around me. "Calm down, babe!! You can make sure everyone is ready after I get this tied!!" Frowning guiltily, I glanced back at her. "I promise, it's okay, you guys have 20 before you go on." Nodding, I took a deep breath. "Good girl." She pet my head for a second before turning me around and glancing at the outfit. "It suits you! And you got your yellow dress sitting out and ready for the change later on?"
"Yes ma'am! I've been thinking about the end of the play all night."
"You that excited to dance with your prince charming?" At Hatsume's teasing, I huffed, rolling my eyes.
"Rather, I'm excited to not be on stage afterwards."
"But you've taken acting classes in middle school, you'll do great!"
"Hey girls~" Eyes widening, I turned to see Sero in a lime green dress, having no stuffing in his top, he grinned at me. Letting out a laugh, I felt relieved to see him. "Don't laugh at me, I'm your sworn rival for the hand of Monsieur Denki!" Laughing more, I shooed him with my hand. "Actually, (L/n) would you mind helping me apply makeup?" My laughing abruptly stopped at his genuine question, and I flushed, grinning.
"Well, of course, I'd love to help Sero." Taking my hand, he rushed me to the makeup table a couple others occupied. Sitting him down, I lifted his face, humming. "What all do you want highlighted?" He shrugged his shoulders, and I huffed, glancing at the makeup. "Okay. Close your eyes." Grabbing a contour that I matched with his tone, I was swift to soften his features. He was undoubtedly a very handsome guy, and made an actually pretty girl. Sighing some, I grabbed a deep brown-green shade of eye shadow, and a lighter green eye shadow, working on a soft, smokey eye that started towards the middle of his eye. Upon getting the basics to make his sharp features softer, I hummed, grabbing Hatsume's purse off the back of the chair. "It's cool I put this on him?" I asked, holding up her bubblegum pink stick.
"Only if I get a kiss afterwards, may it be from him or you." She teased, winking.
"Uhhh, Hatsume, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to kiss you." At his worried tone, I laughed. "Can I open my eyes and see what you're talking about?" Rubbing my thumb on my lip, I shook my head.
"No, it's okay, I'll pay the price for you. Pucker your lips, please." His face flushed scarlet, and he stammered, opening his eyes.
"I don't- uh, I'm not wanting to kiss anyone." Smiling at him, I waved the lipstick at him.
"You have my word no ones going to force themselves on you, I'll beat them senseless." I promised, uncapping the item.
"Y-yeah, okay." He nodded. Puckering his lips, but keeping his eyes opened. Gently applying the product, I smiled at him afterward.
"All done, my rival." I teased. Turning him towards the mirror, I smiled as he admired himself.
"Yo, this looks amazing. You're not the only one getting a kiss tonight." He wiggled his brows getting up. Blushing, I huffed once again.
"No one's kissing me, weirdo." I retorted as he ran off. Sighing, I applied a lip tint to myself, grinning. "Can you believe that Sato and Bakugo took on the other two female roles?" I asked, teasing in my voice. Hatsume scoffed.
"I could see Kirishima taking that role before Bak-" Said blonde turned in his seat next to me, lip tint in his hand as he glared, extensions and the most subtle amount of makeup making him look like anyone but Bakugo.
"Listen here, you shits. I'm going to be the best sister on that stage!" He growled, applying the lip tint in an aggressively dainty way. "Make no mistake." He finished, standing abruptly, gathering the dress that fit him perfectly and storming off.
"N-no fair, his tits are huge?" Laughing at Hatsume, I nudged her.
"Babe, your tits are huge too. But trust me, he was the hardest person to dress, his folks are fashion designers." I answered honestly. "He finally let me make adjustments, only cause his mom told him she wouldn't because someone else made it." We shared a laugh, and I glanced around afterward. "Thank you for all the help, babe."
"Anytime, I'll be watching and then back to help you change gowns!" We exchanged cheek kisses, and I watched her run off to Iida's side. Sighing to myself, I slumped my way over to Shoto, standing on the other end of the vanity, staring intently as his reflection, hand holding his totally exposed scar. I turned him towards me with a gentle tug, prying his hand from his face while doing so. I watched his features as they shifted, saddened nervousness pacing his eyes. I cupped his cheek with my other hand, giving him a reassuring smile.
"You're handsome." I started. "Your scar doesn't take from that, it adds to it, because it's you." Rubbing my thumb over his cheekbone, I reached down and grabbed the solid piece of his mask. "I know you're nervous, but you've practiced so much. I'm sure it's going to be just fine, yeah?" Slowly, he nodded to my question, and I leaned up, kissing his forehead. Watching as his face took on a red hue. So very handsome. I reminded myself, cautiously placing the mask over his scar.
"Uh… Thank you, (N/n)... You look.. pretty." Smiling brightly, I fixed his collar.
"Thank you, Shoto. It means a lot."
"Do you think we'll do well?" I nodded, humming.
"I know so." I admired how well the outfit looked on him paired with the mask before Tokoyami came over. His hooded figure looked ominous, and I looked at Dark Shadow who had covered a huge portion of Asui, who trailed behind.
"We're almost ready for the pre-play backstory, Todoroki. Nice mask."
"Ribbit- The red in the eye has a nice effect." Smiling at the two, I nodded.
"Thanks! You two sure you want to use Dark Shadow to hide Tsu's appearance?" They nodded in return.
"Just be ready, Todoroki." As they walked off, I sighed and looked back at Shoto, who was removing the mask once more.
"Wish me luck." He breathed.
"You won't need it." He stalked off, and I followed, watching from the side as the few involved in the backstory got in place. Off to the adjacent side of the stage from me stood a mock elegant door frame. Fake smoke trailed from this side, the curtain rising slowly to let it flow off stage, and Tokoyami started…
"You know the story. As old as time, they say, of a tyrant king who lived his life of luxury." The curtain rose all the way, and I watched happily as they performed their part. Dark Shadow lifted Tsu off the ground as he revealed her, and for some reason, it almost seemed better than the idea of trying to portray a glowing effect.

This was it, all our hard work these past couple months was being put to the test. Turning as a hand landed on my shoulder, I held in a snort as Denki smiled at me. "Let's get this over with." He whispered, me nodding in agreement. As our peers rushed off the stage on their side, we collectively took a deep breath, stepping onto the stage together.

The curtain rose once more, the lights on stage brightening dramatically as the performance started. Altercations such as not having anyone from windows were evident, but flowed well with them fluttering in half laughs as they sung out their "Bonjour's!" Running over the stage. Kids from other classes helped make the frenzy, stirring, and dancing within the majority of class 1-A. I trailed around the bustle, a book just below my line of sight. "There goes the baker with his tray like always. The same bread and rolls to sell-"
"Good morning, Belle! Where are you off to?" Looking from the Baker, portrayed by Koda, to the tray of actually fresh made bread, I peeked a quick glance over at Sato.
"Oh, the bookshop! I just finished this enchanting-"
"Yes, that's nice. Hey! The baguettes!!" He scurried away and I sighed, continuing towards the other side of the stage. Pausing only once in a while while the other classmates sang.
"Look there she goes! The girl is strange, no question!"
"Never part of any crowd-"
"Cause her head's up on some cloud."
"No denying she's a funny girl, that Belle!!"
Stopping to examine the wagon wheeling some items, I smiled at Kendo from the 1B class in an outfit much like the others, consisting of tattered white and withered browns.
"Bonjour!" At her pleasant grin, I opened my mouth as Monoma settled next to me.
"Good day!"
"How is your wife?" Turning from the sharp tone in her voice, I barely missed Toru run by me.
"I need six eggs!"
"That's too expensive!" I sighed heavily at the chaos-
"There must be more than this provincial life!" Finally making it to the door leading to the boxed off 'room', that missed the wall to the audience so they could watch, I opened the door happily.
"Ah, Belle!" Smiling up at Ojiro, I bowed in greeting.
"Good morning.  I've come to return the book I borrowed." He took the book from me, placing it on the shelf with his tail.
"Finished already?"
"Heavens, why I couldn't stop reading!  Have you got anything new?"
"Not since yesterday." I nodded, climbing the ladder closest to me.
"That's all right. Can I borrow… this one."
"That one?  But you've read it twice!"
"Of course! It's my favorite! Far off places, exciting sword fights, enchanting spells, a prince in disguise!" He put his hand on mine holding the book.
"If you like it all that much, why not keep it?"
"Oh, but sir!" I started, cut off by his tsking.
"Please, I insist!" Gasping, I smiled, holding the book to my chest.
"Well, thank you.  Thank you very much!" I ran from out of the room, watching Ojiro sneakily leave and the automated walls collapse.
"Look there she goes. That girl is so peculiar!"
"With a dreamy far-off look!"
"And her nose stuck in a book!"
"What a puzzle to the rest of us is Belle!" Sitting on the fountain edge next to Eri, I gave the sweet girl a big smile, her giving me a huge one in return. I motioned the book towards her, leaning down some.
"Oh! Isn't this amazing! It's my favorite part because, you'll see! ...Here's where she meets Prince Charming, but she won't discover that it's him 'til chapter three!" I sang softly, her giggles picking up over the mic. However, before she could do much more, a student came over and picked her up, pretending to scold the young child as she walked away. Sighing, I stood back up, and carried on walking the other direction.
"Now it's no wonder that her name means 'beauty'." Smiling, and glancing at the crowd to judge their reactions while stopping on occasion seemed to do the trick.
"Her looks have got no parallel! But behind that fair facade-"
"I'm afraid she's rather odd."
"Very different from the rest of us...
She's nothing like the rest of us-"
"Yes different from the rest of us is Belle!!" The lights cut out, an electric bolt shooting over the stage, before a rather comedic thud sounded. The first patch of light after that was trained on Mineta as he ran up the steps from the stage to a platform hanging above the area in front of the crowd. He panted softly, carrying a large bag over his shoulder. The crowd let out some laughs in relief, and I took a deep breath. Don't fuck this up, boys.

2029 words! I hope you enjoyed part 1 of the play! Do let me know your thoughts! Should I add more detail? Less?