1. "Confessions With Cupid."

-x-

Love.

Such an overrated word. You know, you've watched those movies and read those books with those teenage characters who seem to know everything about 'love'. And you probably know how when those girls in those books fall in love, all they start caring about is their "one special guy". They start dressing up more, they start to apply just a little more lip gloss...

And all that I, (oops, I didn't introduce myself to you yet, hi, I'm Kirstin Dawson, but you can call me Kit) can really say about this whole thing is.... ew.

See, I'm not really a fan of the whole concept of "falling in love". Because what's the point of falling in love when you're eventually going to fall out of it?

Everybody around me is so obsessed in finding love, obsessed with finding their perfect someone. Do these so called soulmates even exist? All that really happens is that two people find each other hot so they start going out together. Then, they break up when something goes wrong (because humans are just so cowardly; their first instinct is to drop everything and hide) and then they go running to find someone new. I mean, when the whole process is this simple, why does everybody just over-complicate it?

It's completely overrated, and I'm sure nobody can prove me wrong. The topic of love and relationships and romance are things that I try to stay away from.

Until love, itself, decided to come to me.

-x-

I leaned back against the wall of the food court, my eyes fixed on Gabby, who was bickering furiously on the phone with whom I assumed was her boyfriend. I don't know if I've mentioned this before or no, but they haven't been on good terms lately. They're literally always arguing about something or the other, it's absolutely stupid. But of course, since I'm Gabby's best friend, I have to lie to her face and mutter words of consolation whenever she comes to me crying, because Jason was ignoring her texts.

I ran my hand through my blonde hair as Gabby continued to hiss insults into her phone, my fingers lazily combing through the knots, examining my best friend. She's five feet four inches tall with straight brown hair and hazel eyes, with all the curves in the right places. That's one thing I'm super jealous of- Gabby can eat a five-pound cheesecake, three bags of potato crisps, one large cheese pizza and a milkshake, and not even gain one extra ounce of weight.

She muttered, "I'm so done with you, asshole!" into the phone, before she hung up, shoving her phone into her pocket.

On cue, I reached out to comfort her. Her eyes were glistening with fury, her brown hair messy from all the times she had tried to pull it out in frustration. I gave her a sympathetic smile as she groaned, throwing her hands into the air with frustration..

"I absolutely hate boys," she hissed through clenched teeth. "Why do they think they're always right? God, Jason sucks!"

When Jason had first asked Gabby out, she had asked me for my advice- even though she knew me too well to expect me to be enthusiastic about her relationship. I had then told her that Jason didn't seem like a guy who was I quote, 'boyfriend material.' Gabby had thanked me for being such a honest best friend, before she texted Jason and agreed to be his girlfriend.

In the current situation I was in, would it be cruel if I run around singing I-told-you-so at the top of my lungs?

"What did he do this time?" I questioned, recalling their previous arguments about various different things. They fought over a water bottle once. A freaking water bottle. They didn't talk for three days and I was the one who had to persuade both of them to forgive each other (it wasn't something I enjoyed doing).