10. "It's just for four days, mom."

*looks at calendar* It's the weekend again. Whoop, time for another update. :D

-x-

"Phone charger?"

"Got it."

"Flip-flops?"

"Yep."

"Oh, I bet you forgot your sun-screen."

Mom, Gabby and I were in my room, my suitcase sitting on my bed with piles and piles of stuff around it. Packing for a four day vacation isn't too hard, but packing with your mom, is so much more harder.

"No, mom, I have it all packed," I smiled, rolling my eyes. "Don't worry. I'll be back before you know it. It's only about 2500 miles away from California. It would just take about four hours to go there by plane, and I'll have my phone with me. I'll constantly message you."

"You better," mom laughed, leaning against the door slightly. She sighed happily, smiling down at me. "I'm so excited for you, Kit. I wish it was me who had a chance to go on a four day holiday to Hawaii with my friends."

I didn't say anything, as a tiny idea crept into my brain.

I pushed it away for later.

"I'm excited too," I admitted. "I guess I can make new friends. But there's going to be so many students- about two hundred since we have Avon High coming along with us."

"Maybe you can make some new friends from the other high-school too," mom offered. "I mean, they live in the same town, plus Finnigan High and Avon High never had a rivalry."

"Didn't Mr. Dawson study in Avon High?" Gabby smirked, as she stretched her legs onto my carpet.

Mom chuckled. "Yes, he did. And I was in Finnigan. 1988 was one of the best years of my life. I fell in love with your dad from the minute I laid my eyes on him, Kit. He was Mr. Bad Boy, and used to have all the girls dying over him."

I laughed at that. Dad being a bad boy was just hilarious. Now, about thirty years later, he's a normal software engineer who has grey hair and glasses, and who lived in a normal Californian town with his wife and teenage kids.

Mom and dad used to be high-school sweethearts and stuff, and they got married pretty early. I'm just surprised and glad that they didn't get sick of each other yet.

"I've got everything," I announced as I zipped my suitcase closed. "Plus, I'm not leaving until three days. I have plenty of time to get everything I forgot."

"Mrs. Dawson, tell me about how you met Mr. Dawson," Gabby interrupted.

Oh god.

No. I've heard this story about a million times already.

Mom smiled. "If you insist."

Luckily, my phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out to see a text.

I smiled almost immediately. Cage had pulled the old wait-for-three-days stunt, before he had finally texted me.

It wasn't like I was counting or something.

I slipped out of my bedroom, before settling on to the staircase. I crossed my legs in front of me, balancing my phone on my knees.

Unknown number:- Kitty cat. It's Cage.

I brushed a couple of strands of hair away from my eyes, before I quickly saved his number into my phone contacts.

Oh. Hey! I responded, and he replied within seconds. That was one thing about that boy- he has mad texting skills.