13. "I affect you."

i am oBSESSed with where are you now by justin bieber ohmergAWD

-X-

"WAKE UP!!!!!"

My eyes flew open at the shout that filled my ears and the first thing I see is Cage Loren standing next to me. He was already ready for the day, his hair wet from the shower, wearing a polo shirt and shorts. Yeah, yeah, he looked good like always.

I groaned, rolling over in bed.

"Let me sleep."

"No! You're in Hawaii, Kit, you can't let your sleep deprived soul take over! There's so much to do, so much to see, so wake up!"

Why was Cage so enthusiastic in the mornings?

"What time is it?" I yawned, hugging my pillow and snuggling into the duvets.

"It's almost seven am," Cage replied cheerfully. "And they open breakfast now."

"Cage, lemme sleep," I mumbled, closing my eyes again- drifting back into a state of drowsiness.

The sound of a sharp slap followed by a horrible ache in my right cheek jolted me back into consciousness.

My hand went to my throbbing cheek as I sat up as fast as I could. I stared at Cage- whose eyes were wide too. But a grin played on his lips.

"WHAT THE HECK?! DID YOU JUST-"

"It wasn't Cage," a voice giggled. "It was me."

I turned, expecting to see Aleisha but stared back into Gabby's eyes. She winked.

"Morning, Kirstin," she laughed. "Welcome to Hawaii."

"My cheek hurts!" I snapped, rubbing my cheek. "And how did you two get into my room anyways?!"

"Aleisha opened it for us," Gabby shrugged. "She's cool."

"She's cool," I laughed drily. "Totally cool. Aleisha is very very cool."

"Are you coming yet? I'm starved," Gabby sighed. "Go take a bath. Quick. I'll be waiting at breakfast. Cage, stay here and make sure she doesn't fall back to sleep."

Gabby waltzed out of my room, but paused at the door and blew me a kiss. I ignored her.

I pushed the covers off me, and Cage took a step back. "Kitteh?"

"Hm?" I rummaged through my suitcase, looking for something to wear.

"Why don't you like Aleisha?"

"I never said I didn't," I responded. I wasn't lying, it was true. I never said that I didn't like her. But I didn't like her.

"Yeah but I can see that you can't stand her and she doesn't seem to stand you either," he shrugged, sitting down on my bed.

"Eh, does it matter?" I replied. I wasn't going to tell him that his best friend was in love with him- that was Aleisha's story to tell.

I grabbed a pair of shorts and a random crop-top and walked over to the bathroom. Cage smirked. I gave him a look. "Don't," I said. "Touch anything."

"Yeah, yeah, sure," he replied, but could I ever trust Cage? Gee, did I even have to answer that? 

With another look, I disappeared into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

-x-

Cage's POV

As soon as she shut the bathroom door, a smirk spread over my face.

I looked around the room, and immediately spotted her iPhone 5s, sitting in its simple blue cover, by the charger.