19. "Talk about being so creepily bipolar."

A/N:-

so hey people of the universe! i just wanted to say a brief thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you (wait, that wasn't brief) for getting Love Happens to 1.22 k reads, one hundred and sixty votes and more than two hundred and fifty comments! like whoaaahhh! I seriously love all of you guys and each one of your inline comments makes my day. The past few weeks have been downright dreadful and I've been miserable, and the only thing that makes me grin are your comments. So feel free to comment whatever shit you'd like to, and yeah :D

I stayed up till 2 am writing this chapter. All I had next to me was chocolate and Ed Sheeran playing on repeat ♥

kay. happy reading!

-x-

The silence was so painful, that I wanted to cry.

I hated him for being such a lamehead. Did he have to propose his love in that way? That horrifyingly awkwardly mean and terrible way? He just blurted it out. And we hardly even knew each other.

I pressed my hands into my face, as Cage continued to drive, him not looking at me and me not even turning my head towards him.

As we continued to drive on, I suddenly realized that I had no idea where we were going. But this time, I couldn't even find the guts to ask him.

"Back to the resort," Cage spoke, his voice hard- but it was like he read my mind. I peered at him through my fingers.
"I thought we were lost." My voice sounded small and like a little girl's. He didn't even glance at me, as he responded. "We are lost. But I don't exactly want to spend the entire day driving you around. So I've found a way to get back to the resort."

Ouch.

I raised my eyebrows, stung by his comment. Okay, it wasn't that mean, I stay stuff like that all the time to Cage. But I guess I deserved it.

"Um... Thanks?" I replied, trying not to let the fact that his words hurt me way more than they were supposed to. So what was up with Cage and all his bipolarness? One minute, he'll be forcing me to Burger King, the next minute he'd be punching some guy up because that guy was being a pervert, the next minute he'd be jealous, and the minute after that he'd be declaring his love for me. And then, you have him being a cold, cold jerk.

Cage's eyes were still on the road, not once meeting mine. I hated this. Couldn't it be normal again? What an eventful day.

That was when I glanced at the dashboard to see that it was already six pm. Wait, what?! SIX PM?! IT WAS SIX'O'CLOCK ALREADY?! WHAAAT?

"When are we going to be back at the resort?" I asked Cage, trying to sound light and cheerful like nothing ever happened.

"When we go back."

It took me a minute to register his lame sarcastic comment, and I rolled my eyes. "Stop it, Cage."

"Stop what?" that was when he finally looked at me, the frown still on his face, the coldness in his eyes.

"Stop being so mean!" I protested.

"I'm the mean one? Then, what are you?" his voice dripped with scorn, annoying me.

"All I know is that I'm not this bipolar idiot who randomly blurts out stuff that change his entire demeanor and also change my entire demeanor and basically ruins the whole freaking thing, the thing that we had, the thing that we may still have and-"

"Kit?"

I glanced up at him. "What?"

"Shut up."