3. "Aloha, Kittycat."

-x-

Oh shit.

In all this 'Cukit' business and Vegas coming home, I had totally forgotten about the biology test I had today.

I knew legit nothing about protein synthesis. My life is officially over, ladies and gentlemen, you can stop reading now.

In all that time I had spent growling over Instagram comments yesterday, I could have well crammed in some facts into my brain. And now as I sit and stare at the test paper in front of me, my brain is completely blank.

To be honest, I wasn't such a straight A student. I got a couple of B's before and B-'s, but I never failed. And I'm not planning to.

I bit my lip, looked around the classroom of people writing away on their test papers, and I let out a sigh.

This cupid guy was ruining my life.

-x-

"It's time to give in your papers, class , but I just have to make a quick announcement."

I bit my lip, handing over my half complete paper before letting out a defeated sigh. I had attempted all the questions I knew, so I wasn't going to fail totally. Thank goodness.

Somebody tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned around to meet eyes with Hayley Jensen. I barely had ever spoken to her before, she was only in biology with me (and I hate biology that I literally sleep through it).

Her eyes were bright with excitement and she grinned at me. "Oh my god, Kit, you're so lucky!" she squealed and I raised my eyebrow at her.

"For what?" I asked and she only grinned wider, about to say something, when the class teacher interrupted her.

"Settle down, class," he said and I turned around to face him again. "So, as you are all seniors this year, the school staff decided to give you guys a treat. You've all been working hard, haven't you?"

A cheer broke out through the classroom and I couldn't help but grin along.

"So, our school, Finnigan High, and the other high school, Avon High, will be partnering together to send all of our senior students on a school field trip to Hawaii!"

There were a few seconds of silence as the class took this information before extremely loud squeals, shouts and cheers of excitement erupted throughout. The chaos was so loud that the teacher had to slam a dictionary against the desk to catch our attention again.

"Settle down, everybody! Quiet!"

It took a couple of minutes for the excited chatter to quieten but people were still whispering and fist bumping each other.

"The trip is going to be four days long, and you will all get a slip of paper that a parent or guardian will have to sign. You'll have to give the slip in by the end of this month, and the trip is going to be in the beginning of next month. It's just a stress-breaker before your finals, so you all better study for your finals after the trip. I'm trusting you guys to be responsible, okay?"

"YEAH!"

The excitement was like wildfire and the class went wild again. The bell which signalled the end of class was barely heard through the noise and everybody got to their feet to leave, still chattering excitedly.

"Oh my god, isn't that awesome?!" Hayley Jensen was right next to me again and I smiled, nodding. 

"And do you know what else is awesome?" she continued as we left class together, into the crowded hallways.