21. "I don't want to like him."

"Are you guys sure you both didn't make out last night?"

I sighed. "I already told you, Tanner, no."

Tanner and Gabby exchanged smirks. Cage groaned, burying his head in his arms on the table.

Aleisha scowled at me before draping her hands around Cage's waist, cuddling to him. She flashed me another scowl dripping with pure vemom and hatred. I sighed.

We were currently sitting in a cafe, about to order breakfast. Tanner, Gabby and Aleisha came to the park, and now we had decided to stop in a small diner to get some breakfast, before returning to the resort.

And Tanner and Gabby were extremely curious about what happened last night, and they were also persistent on making my life hell.

Gabby ran a hand through her hair, winking at me. "So," she said, her voice lowered so the others wouldn't hear. "Tell me, at least. Nothing happened?"

"Gabs," I sighed. "Nothing happened. It was pretty simple- we ate in Burger King, drove to the park and slept on separate blankets. No cuddling, no making out, nothing at all."

"Well, that's boring," Gabby rolled her eyes as she took a bite of her pancake. "I was looking forward to hear you confess your love for him."

"Gabby?" Tanner said, breaking into our conversation. "Hm?" She smiled at him, and I noticed the way his eyes gleamed when she did. Ew, love was in the air.

"Er, do you want some water?" he asked, pouring her a glass of water hastily.

Watching Tanner be chivalrous towards Gabby made me smirk. He liked her, alright. I took this time to observe Tanner. He had pale blonde hair and pale blue eyes, and a slightly small nose. He was good looking, to be honest, but there was something slightly missing in him.

Was it that adorable, undeniably heart-fluttering smile, that a certain blue-eyed brown haired boy had?

Shut up, brain.

"Oh, thanks," Gabby said, taking the glass of water from him. "I appreciate it."

He smiled like it was the best compliment he had ever recieved. "Don't worry about it."

Gabby turned back to me and I bit my tongue from screaming OH MY GOD GABBY WAKE UP TANNER SO OBVIOUSLY LIKES YOU, YOU BETTER RUN AWAY!!

Instead, I stuffed my mouth with some of Gab's pancake.

I looked up to see Cage and Aleisha deep in a conversation, her laughing at something Cage was saying as she lay her head on his shoulder. Her flaming red hair and his dark brown hair were actually a good contrast and I had to admit, they would make a good couple.

Suddenly, the pancake didn't taste so good anymore.

He looked up at me, still smiling at what Aleisha said and our eyes met.

My heart skipped a beat when his smile slowly faded into a frown when we looked at each other- and I couldn't help but feel like absolute shit to be the source of Cage's unhappiness. I then realized, that Cage and I were in some sort of stare-off, and I looked away first. Sorrow sunk into me, twisting my lungs as I stared at my hands. Cage didn't deserve to be unhappy.

Was I overreacting? Maybe, but that didn't change the fact that the small action of Cage's smile fading made me want to cry.

That was when I realized, that I had spent way too much time with Cage already. Plus, we were leaving Hawaii tomorrow. This was the third day, already. And it was time I distanced myself from him, not wanting to bring more unhappiness in his life.