36. "He's more into blondes than he'd ever do brunette."

i just came back from a five day trip where there was no wifi or access to gadgets and i don't even know anymore

anywayyy, i'm back w/ another update. i'm sorry about how long i'm making y'all wait i'm the worst i KNOW *cries*

-x-

"Your hair smells of strawberries," My best friend's idiotic boyfriend informed me, as I leaned forward from the backseat of his car to change the radio channel. Gabby, who was sitting next to him in the front, snickered. "I wonder who it's for."

I rolled my eyes, as I selected a channel which was playing 5SOS. "Shut up. It's for myself."

Jason shot Gabby an amused grin. "It's strange, really. To see the great Kirstin Angela Dawson all nervous and blushy."

"I'm not nervous and blushy," I rolled my eyes and smacked Jason's arm. "I'm completely normal, geez. Are you guys ever going to stop making fun of me?"

"Never, 16," Gabby laughed as she gestured to the number on the jersey I was wearing. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms across my chest. "You look completely adorable, by the way."

"Thanks," I glanced down at the jersey I was wearing and tried not to smile at the thought of him. This would be the first time I saw him since we became "official" and I was beyond giddy. Even though I denied what Jason and Gabby were saying, they were completely right. I was nervous and very blushy, if blushy is even a word.

Jason was driving Gabby and me to Cage's high school for the game, but he couldn't stay because he promised his mom that he would take her out for a movie. Jason was such a mama's boy, it was cute. 

The car pulled up into the parking lot of the high school and I raised my eyebrows at the number of people who were here. Clearly, football games here at Avon High were a huge deal. Gabby pecked Jason's cheek as we began to get out of the car. "I'll pick you two up by ten," he promised us. "Also, try not to third wheel too much, Gabs."

Gabby gave me a cheeky smile and I rolled my eyes. "Of course she will, Jason. Bye, now."

Gabby slid her arm through mine as we walked across the parking lot towards the football field. There were so many people here that it was crazy. Gabby let out a low whistle at the sight. "I don't think people are this excited at our school. This is really cool."

"KIT!"

We stopped and turned, only to be attacked by Tanner, who pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "Hey! It's been a while!" he grinned and I pulled away from the hug, laughing. "Tanner! You smell!"

"Do I?" he frowned, raising his arm to sniff his arm pit and Gabby giggled, covering her nose. "Gross. And hi, Tanner, do you remember that I exist too?"

"Of course, Gabby," he grinned, before he hugged her too, but I didn't miss the way his cheeks reddened slightly. "Wow, don't you two ladies look ravishing. Also congratulations, Kit, on finally admitting your feelings for my best friend."

I rolled my eyes (I had a feeling I'd be doing that a lot tonight). "Yeah, yeah. Make fun of me all you want."

"You're only encouraging him," said a voice and I turned to see Aleisha, dressed all in black and looking gorgeous and goth as heck. She smiled in her cool way and I waved at her. "Hi, Aleisha. You look gorgeous!"