17. "He just left me."

"You don't get to talk about her like that, you prick," Cage growled, holding Casson by the collar, before slamming his fist into his face.

I tried not to scream, as Casson groaned in pain, blocking his face. 

Casson's friends were trying to pull Cage away, but Cage didn't seem to notice "What happened?!" I cried, and the brunette next to me gave me a dark look. 

"Blondie over there was talking about you pretty inappropriately and your boyfriend went ballistic," she explained, as if it was all my fault. "You have to break the fight up right now, or my boss is going to kill me!"

So I rushed in to where Cage had shoved Casson to the ground. And I pulled Cage by the front of his shirt, harshly, to get his attention. His gaze fell on me, his eyes still smouldering with pure anger. "Don't interfere," he growled. "Stay out of it."

"Cage, let him go right now," I ordered, annoyance seeping into me. 

He stared at me like I was crazy. "Kit, you don't know what all he said-"

"That doesn't give you the right to beat him up!" I protested, my fingers curling around the hem of his shirt, pulling him back. Cage stumbled backwards, his glare still on the boy who was on the floor. Casson got to his feet, shakily, his hands cupped around his nose.

"Cage, chill," I said, trying to sound soothing. He took a deep breath,  his jaw was still clenched. I could have fanned myself. Hoooott. Concentrate, Kit, I told myself. This is not the time for your mind to giggle about how hot Cage is.

"Yeah," Casson mocked Cage with a sneer. "Chill, man. Listen to the hot blonde. Coward."

Cage broke away from the grip I had on him and lunged at Casson again.

 "Cage, NO!" I shrieked but it was too late, Cage aimed another punch at Casson's face. 

"Don't you fuc-" Cage began and then me, being me, threw myself between those two boys. And I swivelled around to face Cage and slapped him hard across the face.

Cage stood there, stunned.

I was stunned too. What did I just do?!

"Stop fighting! Oh my gosh, Cage, what's wrong with you?! Leave him alone!" I screamed, agitated and frustrated. Darkness flooded into his eyes, and he looked disgusted at me. 

"You're defending him?!"

"Yes," I snarled at him. "You can't go around punching people! No matter what they say! I want you to apologize, right now."

Cage looked at me in a really weird way, like he was seeing something horrible in me. He slowly shook his head, before turning away. I watched him walk away, his fists clenched, to the car. His body posture was stiff and furious, and something in me felt like I was drowning. Shit. Should I stop him? I didn't. I watched him open the car handle and get inside the car, slamming the door harshly. 

I gulped as I watched him slowly drive backwards. 

Was he really going to drive away and abandon me in a small restaurant in Hawaii?

I guess he was.

I watched him drive away and suddenly I've never felt angrier. How mature, I thought. How was I going to get back?! How was I going to go anywhere?! What if something horrible happened to me?!

I furiously turned around. I didn't need Cage. I could manage just fine. Plus, I was the one with the phone, not him. 

Casson stared at me, almost in awe. "I... I'm sorry," he muttered, his eyes wide. "I didn't mean anything I said, I was just kidding."

I glowered at him, wanting to punch his face in. Instead, I calmed my nerves. With a deep breath, I slowly spoke. "I don't know what shit you said about me," I said. "And whatever it is, it probably was something disgusting like you."

"I didn't mean it," he begged, his eyes pleading. "I just... I hated the fact that your boyfriend was so possessive over the fact that I gave you my number. He asked me to stay away from you and-"

"Cage asked you to stay away from me?" I felt even more annoyed by that. What, now, Cage had the right to feel jealous?!

"Yeah, he did. And then one thing lead to another and I said some things I wasn't supposed to and I didn't mean them at all, I just wanted to annoy your boyfriend," Casson looked sorry, he really did.

"Would you stop calling him my boyfriend?!" I rolled my eyes. "He's nothing."

I was lying.

"Okay, but I'm really sorry," Casson begged. "Forgive me. Please. I'm usually not like this."

I glanced towards his friends, who just shrugged at me.

"Fine," I sighed, before extending my right arm out. He shook it gratefully. "Thank you."

I walked back into the restaurant, leaving them all out there, wanting to cry and punch a wall. I went and sat inside a random booth, burying my head in my arms.

He just left me.

I mean, why wouldn't he? He had been defending me after all. And I went and acted like such an idiot. I was so stupid. Obviously he was mad at me.

Cage had been jealous... why does that make me feel all weird inside?

Does that mean he has feelings for me?

Was... Gabby right?

Wait. But the most important part was, did I have feelings too? 

Groaning in exasperation, I ran my hand through my hair. Would Cage really just leave me here and drive away? Could he? I mean, why would he?! It was so not Cage to do that.

I wanted to cry.

Why did everything go wrong?!

-x-

Lol, I actually already had this chapter typed out and wow I'm on a roll, two chapters in one day! Woohoo.

Don't forget to check that gif out, by the way.