30. "Stop stealing my girlfriend away, Dawson."

hey_its_kit:- cage.

hey_its_kit:- you're probably surprised that i'm texting you

hey_its_kit:-  well, it's because i just wanted to tell you something

hey_its_kit:- first of all, hi.

hey_its_kit:- second of all

hey_its_kit:-  ...im sorry.

hey_its_kit:- im sorry about everything i said

hey_its_kit:- im sorry that you wasted your time on me

hey_its_kit:- i hope you're happy with maya 

hey_its_kit:- you don't have to text me back if you don't want to

hey_its_kit:- im sorry

-x-

"And that was how I ended up driving my drunk grandmother home at four in the morning."

Everyone burst out laughing at Jason's story, and I smiled along, my eyes glancing back at the screen of my phone. We were in Jason's basement, celebrating his eighteenth birthday. Jason wasn't a huge fan of big parties which include the whole school, so he just called a couple of his friends over to chill in his basement. As much as I loved Jason, Gabby and all my other friends, I couldn't help but glance down to my phone over and over again. No new messages, it read and I sighed lightly, looking up.

"Kirstin, are you okay?" Amanda Freeman, a friend of mine from Math class smiled at me, and I nodded at her. "Yeah. Perfect."

"You sure? You seem really nauseous," she said, concernedly. She glanced at the coke I was holding in my hand, unlike the cups of alcohol everybody else were drinking. "I didn't know you don't drink."

"Well, I never liked alcohol much," I responded. "Getting drunk is too much of a hassle for me. I'm the one who drives all the drunk ones home after a party."

"Yeah," Gabby laughed, as she listened on to our conversation. "Kit detests alcohol ever since the first time she tasted it at Charlie's party. She threw up after one sip and begged me to take her home because the music was too loud."

I groaned at the memory, nudging my best friend. "That wasn't my proudest moment."

Amanda laughed. "Well. It happens to the best of us."

I nodded at what she said, and it wasn't like I could stop myself. I reached for my phone again, checked my screen and let out another sigh. It had been a whole forty nine minutes since I had messaged him and he still hadn't replied.

I decided to stalk him or a while, going through his private Instagram account, scrolling through all the photos in which he looked ridiculously good looking in. I sighed as I went over the photo he had posted with Maya, and stared at it for a while.

"Ooh, who's that?"

Amanda glanced at the screen of my phone and I blushed, realizing that I had been caught in the act of stalking Cage. It wasn't like I stalked his account a lot or anything. Trust me.

"Uh, he's this guy I met at the Hawaii trip," I half-lied and Gabby looked at me with a small smirk. I ignored her. 

Amanda sighed. "Well, he's hot. I wish my parents let me come to the trip, but unfortunately they said that they'd rather have me study at home than party."

"Strict parents suck," Blake, a friend of Jason's agreed as he listened in onto our conversation. "I'm seventeen and my parents don't think I'm responsible enough for a phone."

"You don't have a phone?!" Carter laughed incredulously. "Dude, that's terrible."

"I have a phone," Blake rolled his eyes, pulling out a tiny flip phone from his pocket. "Just not a phone which fits into the century we're living in."

Everyone cracked up at the sight of the little boxy little Motorola in his hand. I glanced at my own phone again, and then like a fool, I checked again to see if I had new messages. None. Why am I surprised?

Gabby pulled my arm, looking annoyed. "Okay, stop checking your phone and depressing yourself."

"What?" I asked her, my voice lowered so nobody else could hear us. "I'm not depressed."

"Then stop checking your phone if he texted you back," Gabby rolled her eyes. "He's an asshole if he doesn't reply. He doesn't know what he's missing out on."

"That's kinda unfair to say," I defended him automatically, without even thinking. "I mean, he tried so hard with me and I was the asshole who pushed him away."

"Kit," she shook her head at me. "I don't know what to do with you. You're so in love, ugh. Why don't you just go marry him?"

I rolled my eyes at her, blushing just a bit. "Love? I think not, it's way too soon. Besides, he's dating Maya."

"His relationship with Maya is clearly a rebound relationship," Gabby rolled her eyes right back at me. "After all that you two shared, I know that he's just using her to get over you."

"Are you two done whispering?" Jason called over loudly, and we turned to see that everyone were watching us expectantly. "We were about to go upstairs and play some tennis if you two quit gossiping."

I laughed, but nodded. "We're done whispering, Jason. You can stop feeling jealous now."

Jason pouted, leaning over and grabbing Gabby by the waist and pulling her towards him. "You better stop stealing my girlfriend away, Dawson."

"Malls before balls, sweetheart," I reminded him, pulling Gabby back towards me, and everybody just laughed at us as we began to make our way upstairs.

And that was when my phone suddenly buzzed, bringing me to a stop. Everybody left the basement, and I was standing alone, staring at my phone- my heart beating crazily.

ConfessionsWithCupid:- Can you meet me at the mall by six?

-x-

A/N: HEY GUYS THIS IS THE 30TH CHAPTER WHATTT?!?? there's only one reason why i've come this far and it's all because of you guys <3 to all the people who comment and vote, and basically keep me going, i love you all so much. This roller coaster ride may be coming to an end in a few chapters (I KNOW RIGHT), so keep your spirits up and let's complete it together. 

hugs and kisses, 

harshita x