4. "Stalkers and whatever-his-name-is."

-x-

"Aw baby, I love you more," Gabby coed into the phone with a love sick smile on her face, and I grimaced.

It had been literally nine days since Jason and Gabby had broke up and now they were back together. I was happy for Gabby of course, since I did think Gabby and Jason were cute together, but now that they had made up, it was like they couldn't stay away from each other. They were either always all over each other and when they weren't together, they were always texting or talking on the phone.

Talk about annoying.

I was sitting in the food court of the mall again on another sunny day, watching my best friend giggle into the phone. I was really tempted to smash my head against the table repeatedly and crack my skull open, but I held myself back because I loved my best friend too much to ever do that to her.

But still, I was beyond annoyed with Gabby because she was choosing her boyfriend over me, so I got to my feet, desperate to get away from her.

"Find me when you're done," I rolled my eyes and she stuck her tongue out at me, lamely.

I left the food court with my container of coffee in one hand, looking around the mall that I've been going to since I was thirteen years old.

This mall was like, the only place Gabby and I like to go to. It's actually pretty big, with five floors and dozens of cute stores so there's no need to shop somewhere else.

Yay.

I sighed, as a lock of blonde hair escapes from my ponytail, and I push it away. You know those moments when you're randomly annoyed at every single thing for no reason?

I glared at the elevator door as it took an extra second to open and walked into the shaft. I reached for the ground floor button, pressing it, before leaning back to watch the elevator doors shut smoothly.

They were about to close when suddenly I heard the sound of footsteps, and just inches before the doors closed, a pair of hands were prying them open.

I raised my eyebrows in annoyance at the person who had interrupted my "alone" time before my heart completely froze, my eyes widening.

Oh no.

Ohhh no.

That messy black hair.

Blue eyes.

Devilish smirk.

You guys know exactly whom I'm talking about. Take your guesses, people, because my life literally defines the word, "cliche".

There he stood, the boy whose pictures I had seen several times on Instagram, with those good looks and bad boy charm, and apparently the swoon-worthy smirk.

The very boy who everybody shipped me with for some stupid reason.

Our eyes met, and in that frightening moment, I was sure hell was going to break loose.

-x-

"CUPID"

That blonde hair and green eyes- I knew exactly who that girl was, all the way from the table I was at in the foodcourt.

I bit my lip, trying not to smile as I watched her speak, throwing her arms in the air in an exaggerated motion to another brunette who was on the phone. Kit said something before she grabbed her Starbucks and stomped away.

That scowl on her face was enough to make me smirk.

"Cage?"

I looked away to see Tanner and Aleisha staring at me with questioning expressions on their faces. "I asked you something," Aleisha said, raising her eyebrows. I glanced away again, shrugging apologetically.

"Sorry, wasn't listening," I responded. I glanced back to where Kit was but ah shit, she had disappeared.

Aleisha rolled her eyes before concentrating on the tray of Panda Express in front of her. Tanner grinned at me. "Who's the girl distracting you, eh?"

I smirked, recalling the internet conversations I had with dear old heyitskit.

Tanner said something again, but like usual I wasn't listening because I had glanced back, looking for Kit. I had to meet her, she was right over there. Plus, her reaction to Cukit was beyond amusing so I just had to provoke her even more.

What? I'm not going to let an opportunity like this slip by.

"Cage!" Aleisha groaned, snapping me out of my thoughts again and I rolled my eyes at them. "What?"

"You haven't even touched that burger," she said, and I glanced down to see the burger that I hadn't even unwrapped. It was a 'Big King XXL', also known as my favourite burger from Burger King.

I had two choices.

One? Unwrap my burger and devour the delicious meal which was going to be my lunch.

Two? Go after the girl who I hadn't ever met in my life, but had been stuck on my mind for quite some time.

Eh, Burger King can wait.

I jumped to my feet, pushing my chair backwards, startling Aleisha and Tanner. "Oy, where do you think you're going?" Tanner called after me.

"You guys carry on! I'll meet up with you later!" I said before spinning on my heels and racing out of the food court.

I looked around to find any traces of that bouncy blonde ponytail and cute scowl when I saw her at the end of the corridor, near the elevators.

Run as fast as you can, Cage. Don't let her leave! My brain was reprimanding me for being so uncool and desperate, but I kind of ignored it. I had to meet her.

"I'm sorry," I muttered as I shoved past different people, who all cried the same annoying protests but I was getting closer to the elevators. Ugh, finally.

But at that moment, the doors opened and she stepped in.

No. No. No.

I was almost there.

I was out of breath, as I neared the elevators and the doors were closing. Ugh, I had to get there. Just before they shut, I grabbed both the doors and pushed them open.

And she was standing right there.

Right in front of me.

She directed her grumpy scowl at me but then recognition flashed through her eyes, along with slight fear.

I smirked. I was so going to take advantage of this situation.

-x-