16. "Just eat it, Kit."

"First," he said, with a casual shrug. "We'll need lunch."

I glanced at my phone to see that it was almost 1 pm, and god, wasn't I starving. I gave him a half-shrug, acting like food didn't matter much (I'm a liar). "Mcdonalds?"

"Ew, no. Their food is way too greasy," Cage grimaced. "I was thinking on the lines of... Burger King?"

"No. Their burgers are disgusting," I retorted, crossing my hands across my chest. Cage looked at me with a mixture of outrage and disgust on his face. "How dare you say that?"

"Cage, shut up with the dramatics and just take me to some restaurant," I rolled my eyes and he pouted, starting up the car. "Fine. But I choose the location."

"Anything but burger king," I warned him, as he pulled the car out of the parking lot and drove on to the high-way. 

-x-

A twenty seven minute car-ride later and a whole lot of screaming that involved me threatening to push Cage out of the car, we were sitting inside Burger King with menus in front of us. 

I scowled at the menu, my stomach rumbling and the options on the menu card looking like crap. Cage gave me a smug smirk as I glowered at him. "There's nothing to eat here."

"Well, you could always try my favorite," Cage offered. "It's the Big King XXL burger. And it's heaven. Absolute heaven, Kit, I guarantee 100% customer satisfaction."

"If it's something you like, then it's probably horrendous," I snapped at him, my fingers playing with the zipper of my bag.

"Ouch," Cage looked at me through narrowed eyes. "Well, fine, I'm ordering a Big King XXL for myself, then. You decide what you want and tell me."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes- and watched him slide out of the seat, humming a cheerful tune as he walked up to the counter.  I leaned back in the booth, my eyes flicking to the other people in the restaurant. A couple of old men sat in the booth near the door, and a couple sat at the table near the wall. A group of teenage boys, probably our age sat in the table to the right and a gangly group of middle school girls were to our left.

One of the teenage boys (blonde hair and blue eyes, like what a cutie) glanced at me and smiled. I smiled back, before glancing down at the table top in front of me.

Cage returned, holding a huge burger wrapped in the oily paper. I grimaced again as he settled down in front of me. He winked at me, as he unwrapped it. "If you want to taste some, don't be shy to ask."

"I don't," I replied, rolling my eyes again. 

"If you roll your eyes one more time, they're going to fall right out of your head," Cage laughed, before he bit into his burger. I watched him slowly chew.

Okay, I guess it kinda smelled appetizing. 

I watched him bite into the burger once more, his eyes not leaving mine as he did. Was he smiling as he bit into it? Jerk.

I looked away, and I felt my stomach rumble.

"You want some?" he offered, with a small knowing smile. I rolled my eyes, my ego not accepting it but heck, I was too hungry to let my ego come in between. "Just a bit."

Cage laughed as he pulled off a huge chunk of his burger, placed it on a tissue and pushed it towards me. I picked it up testily. "Is it poisoned?"

"Just eat it, Kit," he smiled and I bit into it slowly.

It was...alright. Okay, I'm lying again. IT WAS AMAZINGNESS. It was like heaven between two buns. It was deliciousness on a plate. It was just absolutely ravishing and I hated to say this, but Cage had been right.

I tried not to show how much I liked it as I wolfed it down. Cage watched me eat, a small amused smile playing on his lips. "So I take it as you like it?"

"It was satisfactory," I grinned, and he smirked. "Yeah, okay, I'll order one more then."

"Do just that," I stuck my tongue out at him, and shaking his head, he got up and walked back to the counter to order another one. I watched Cage talk to the brunette behind the counter, who seemed to be really interested in whatever he was ordering, before I felt someone slip into the seat in front of me.

I turned to see the blonde guy from before. 

He smiled lightly. "Hey."

I raised my eyebrows at him, before giving him a small smile. "Hello there."

"I'm Casson," he introduced himself, giving me his hand to shake and I shook it. "Kirstin," I said. "But you can call me Kit."

"Kit," he repeated with a million-dollar smile and he suddenly reached over and pulled out a tissue. I watched him scribble something on it with the pen between his fingers. He folded it and handed it back to me.

"In case you ever need it," he winked and I pushed the tissue into my bag with a tight-lipped smile. "Let's see about that," I laughed.

Casson glanced up to where Cage was returning, with another burger in his hands and a confused expression on his face. Casson got to his feet and winked at me again. For some reason, it's not very endearing when every boy winks. I guess only Cage can only look pretty damn good when he winks.

"See you around, love," Casson said and I had the urge to call out to him that he wasn't British but Cage set the burger down in front of me.

"What was that all about?"

There was a smile on his face but no humor in his eyes. I shrugged it off, not making much of the fact that a cute guy just gave me his number.

"Nothing, really," I said before picking up the burger. "Okay honestly, this burger is life."

Cage smiled at that- but he still cautiously glanced to where Casson sat with his fiends, who were still looking at me.

I finished devouring my burger, listening to Cage rant about some season of Supernatural before we finally finished having lunch.

Deciding to go to the restroom, I waltzed into the ladies room and stood by the mirror for some time.

Should I tell mom that I was currently lost in Hawaii and for almost another sixteen hours I'll be spending it with a boy that she doesn't know exists?

Lol. I shoved my phone into my pocket, hoping she doesn't call.

I reapplied my makeup, patted down my hair and danced in front of the mirror for some time before deciding to go back out again.

I pushed open the restroom door and into the restaurant -and froze.

Cage had vanished and so had the group of teenage boys. There was hardly nobody in the restaurant until the front door was pushed open and the brunette waiter rushed inside. Her eyes widened when she saw me.

"Your boyfriend's beating someone up outside! Go stop him!" she urged. I stared at her, trying to make sense out of what she was saying. "Um, I don't think it's me because I don't have a boy-" I began but she grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the restaurant. 

In the parking lot, Cage and Casson were tackling each other on the ground, punching, shoving and snarling profanities. I pressed my hand to my mouth.

What had I missed?!

-x-

Yep, I updated early again. I love you guys you know? :)