20. "And what would you know about true love?"

A/N:- GUYS GUYS GUYS. I UPLOADED THE BOOK TRAILER OVER HERE. CHECK IT OUTTTT. I'M KINDA HAPPY WITH THE WAY IT TURNED OUT. OKAY I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Cage's POV

I couldn't believe how beautiful she was when she was asleep.

I know how stalkerish and cliche that sounds, but from where I lay, my heart hammering inside my chest, I could see her face, basked in the light of the stars and moon.

Man, I could be a frikkin poet.

The soft sound of her breathing, and the sweet scent of cocoa butter that she carried around were starting to become addicting. Her adorable comebacks, snarky comments and sheer annoyance at life were starting to be the only things stuck on my head.

Shit, I have it bad for this girl.

I mean, yes, it was pretty lame of me to confess what I felt for her in the most unconvenient way possible. But to be honest, I hadn't exactly expecting a yes. I had been hoping for a yes, of course, but Kit and I being boyfriend-girlfriend so soon made me feel weird.

And I had this really strange feeling inside me, a feeling that made me feel like I could trust this girl with anything. There was a lot I haven't told her about myself yet, but there's still time.

I smiled to myself as I watched her mumble incoherent words in her sleep, as she tossed and turned. I wanted to move closer to her, and pull her towards me into a warm, possesive hug.

Oh my god, that was so sappy. I apologize. Let me go and break a window or something to sound like a dude again.

I sighed, feeling content as I rolled over, trying to catch some sleep, but it wasn't possible because my stupid heart was beating way too fast.

~x~

Kit's POV

To say it was cold was an understatement. It was freezing on the grass.

Shivering, I wrapped the blanket around myself, blinking the sleep out of my eyes. It was morning, and the sky was blueish-pink. I could see people slowly waking up and crawling out of their tents, and dewdrops glistened on the grass which was everywhere.

"Damn it, Cage, it's cold," I murmured, looking to my right. Only Cage wasn't there. Creepy.

I reached for the duffel bag that Cage had brought along and zipped it open, to see a sweatshirt inside. YES, I thought as I pulled it over my shoulders. The sweatshirt was grey and huge, with YALE written on it. It came up to my knees and I pulled the sweater sleeves down. The sweatshirt smelled amazing, and so vanillaish. Like Cage.

I rolled up the blankets off the grass, packing our stuff up so we could leave. I spotted my baby phone hiding beneath all the pillows and eagerly I grabbed it.

Realizing I hadn't used it in so long, I switched it on. Shit. 56 new unread texts.

Mom:- Honey? Is everything okay?

Mom:- What are your plans for today?

Mom:- Vegas is leaving for Hawaii today. He'll call you once he reaches.

Gabby:- WHAT THE HECK DOES TANNER MEAN BY YOU TWO ARE LOST

Gabby:- ANSWER YOUR TEXTS WOMAN

Gabby:- OR ARE YOU TOO BUSY WITH CAGE

Gabby:- DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I AM RIGHT NOW

Gabby:- WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING MY TEXTS

Gabby:- TANNER'S SAYING THAT WE CAN ONLY COME GET YOU IN THE MORNING. THAT MAKES NO SENSE! WE'RE COMING RIGHT NOW.