15. "Cage is a weirdo."

Lost.

Greeeeaaat.

Don't worry, we weren't stuck anywhere or something- in fact, we weren't stuck at all. Since it was almost noon, and we didn't exactly know where to head, I had no choice but to call Gabby.

At the moment, we were parked in some random Walmart's parking lot.

As I slipped my phone out of my pocket, I saw Cage glance at me, his eyes filled with eagerness, his fingers tapping away on the steering wheel. I chose to not make much of his weird behavior as I slid my finger across the screen, unlocking it. I opened the contacts app, before freezing.

Every name in the phone was renamed into a Disney character's and it didn't take me long to figure out who would play such a creative prank on me.

"CAGE, DO YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!?" I yelled, as we sat in the BMW, the car parked in the parking lot of some gas station.

He smirked, tilting his head to the side, his eyes shining with humor. "Very."

"You're such an asshole!" I squealed, repeatedly hitting his arm. He laughed at my attempts of injuring him, shielding his face.

"Well noticed," he chuckled, as I fumed. If there was a mirror in front of me, I'm sure there would be visible fumes shooting out of my ears.

"Wtf Cage, how the hell am I supposed to call Gabby now?! Or call anybody?!"

Cage's eyes widened, and he pressed his heads over his heart like he was having a heart attack. "Did you just swear?!"

"Dude, that's not the freaking point! I CAN'T EVEN CALL ANYBODY NOW AND YOUR FREAKING PHONE IS DEAD. What are we supposed to do now?!"

Cage completely ignored me. He blinked twice, before reaching out and grabbing my phone away from my hands.

"Heyy!!" I protested but he shushed me. "I have a plan."

"A plan?!"

"Yeah. That too a great one, mind you. Please maintain silence while I try and work on it."

I glared at him, grabbing my phone back from his hands. "Stop it!! Don't make things worse!"

"Geez, Kirstin, I'm not doing anything, chill," he rolled his eyes at me in an exaggerated manner and I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. He expertly tapped away on my phone, his eyes concentrating on the screen.

I took this moment to really look at the boy that was sitting beside me. His intentionally messy and ruffled dark hair falling into his eyes, his gorgeous gorgeous indigo eyes... Okay, this kid was good looking and I can't deny it anymore. His whole happy-go-lucky attitude, his cheerfulness and uniqueness was something I was starting to get used to. He wasn't exactly six-pack bulging muscular, he was on the leaner side of muscular. His tall and lean frame was bent over the cellphone in his hands, and-

"Kitty, take a picture, it'll last longer," he smirked, without taking his eyes off the screen. I felt my cheeks heat up as he cocked his head to his right to look at me. I glared at him. "Just... ugh, are you done with your master plan?"

He nodded, and with a satisfied grin, he handed me my phone back. "Done. I just texted Tanner where we are."

"You memorized his number? Couldn't we have just called him then?" I rolled my eyes at him.

He feigned offence at this. "How dare you question the master plan of Cage Alexander Loren?!"

I felt a smirk creep on to my lips. "That's your full name? Cage Alexander Loren?"

He nodded, winking. "Suits, doesn't it? Cage Alexander Loren and Kirstin Angela Dawson. Hey, do you by any chance have relatives who aboarded the Titanic and um, died?"

Cage is such a weirdo, with the brain capacity of an amoeba.

My phone buzzed and relieved, I pulled it out to see a text from Tanner. Holding my breath, I opened it and read out loud:

YOU KIDS ARE LOST?!?
WELL TOO BAD, WE CANT COME AND RESCUE YOU TILL TOMORROW MORNING. YOU TWO NEED TO BOND. SO FIND SOME PLACE NIIIICE AND WARRRMMM TILL MORNING, LOVE BIRDS ;)

If I hadn't worked extra shifts at KFC last year to make money to buy this ridiculously expensive phone, I would have thrown it out of the fudgin window. That was how pissed I was.

Cage sensed it, I guess because when I opened my mouth to start yelling, he clamped his hand over my lips.

My eyes widened at his rather daring action and I tried to pull his hand away, but by now you probably know that Cage has quite a tight grip. And it hurts!

"Okay, before you go all ninja on me, I need to say this, but I know a great place for us to spend the night. Under the stars, on the lawn with lots and lots of food. There'll be like a 300 inches gap between us so don't worry."

He had me at the food part.

"But it's like 1 pm," I pouted. "What are we gonna do till then?"

The evil smile on his face made my stomach churn in a bad way.

-X-

I KNOWWWW I HAVENT UPDATED IN WEEKS CUZ I HAD MY EXAMS AND STUFF DONT YELL AT ME IM SOWWY

I KNOW THIS CHAPPIE IS SHORT BUT FILLERRRR SO YAH

IM GONNA ATTACH A LINK TO THE BOOK TRAILER OF THIS BOOK V V V SOON SO IF U WANNA SEE IT, COMMENT CAGELORENISKING.

I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR GETTING THIS BOOK TO 900 READS THATS LIKE AMAZING

OKAY BYE