26. "Hey, it isn't what it looks like!"

Cage Alexander Loren

Our flight was at noon.

The resort was a mess- and all the students scurried around, packing up their stuff for the flight back home. There I stood, looking around the place to catch a glimpse of a certain blonde head, my backpack on my back, and sunglasses on my head. Where the hell is she?

Memories of last night flooded my mind, and I had to bite my lip to keep myself from smiling like an idiot. I had no idea what was really happening between Kit and I, but I liked it. I really did.

"So," said Tanner as he walked towards me. "How did it go last night?"

I raised an eyebrow.

"You know, after she ran away from the party and you went after her like some kind of Romeo," he smirked. "Damn, I could write a whole book about you guys."

I rolled my eyes at him, but I was smiling. "Whatever, Tan. Go after your Gabby or something."

He sighed at her name. "I'm kinda over her, bro. She's cute and all, but after seeing Kit yesterday in that gorgeous dress, I've changed my mind."

Before I knew it, I was scowling at my best friend. "You know she's mine, Tanner. Go get a life."

A devillish smirk spread over his lips. "You're so whipped, bro, so whipped. And you're blushing, lmao."

"Shut the hell up," I smacked his arm, heat rising to my cheeks. Was I blushing? Oh god.

"Baby," a voice from my left made me look into a familiar pair of blue eyes. Maya batted her eyelashes at me innocently- an action I used to love. I prefer green eyes, anyway.

"Hi, Maya," Tanner said, in a flat voice- and I rolled my eyes. Tanner and Maya had never gotten along for some reason. Maya completely ignored him. "Cage, where did you disappear off to last night?"

I shrugged. "Nowhere in particular. Why?"

Maya flicked her long hair over her shoulder. "Because I heard rumours."

"Of?"

"Rumours that you and Kirstin Dawson from Finnigan High disappeared off together." Her eyes were narrowed almost in suspicion, which makes no sense because I wasn't even dating Maya. I shrugged again. "Yeah, so? She's a friend."

"Just a friend?" Maya questioned, leaning closer. I wanted to step away, but something was stopping me. "Well, y-yeah, I guess so," I responded to her question, a little awkwarded out by the proximity between us.

Tanner coughed. "You know what, I'm leaving."

Maya cupped my face between her palms, pulling me even closer. "You know," she whispered against my lips, and for some reason I was hating every bit of it. This was so wrong. "I really wanted to do this for a long time."

I knew what she was about to do. Her lips were so goddamn close, but I only wanted to kiss one pair of lips and they weren't hers.

"Maya, don't-"

"Cage?"

An innocent voice made me look up. And there she was, looking so fresh and pretty and confused, her blonde hair cascading down her shoulders, dressed in a simple crop top and shorts. I stared at her, a little startled. "Kit-"

Kit's eyes narrowed slowly, and that was when the situation hit me. I was standing with my hands on Maya's waist, with Maya's face burrowed in the crook of my neck. Hurt and confusion filled into Kit's eyes, as she blinked twice at us. I pulled away from Maya immediately. "Hey, it isn't what it looks like!"

"Couldn't you have chosen something more original to say?" she snapped at me, her eyes burning with annoyance. And then she turned away, walking as fast as she could.

Oh god. Why does this have to happen every single time?!

Maya smirked at me. "Oh no," she said innocently. I rolled my eyes, pulling her hands off me. "Kit, wait!" I called, jogging up to Kit, who was walking with her hands in her hair. I grabbed her elbow, and she shook away from my grip.

"Don't touch me! I can't believe how much of a player you are!" she snapped. "You're such a jerk, Cage!"

"Kit, Maya came on to me, it wasn't the other way around, I swear!" I insisted, almost begging her to listen. This was so messed up and so damn cliche.

"Yeah, sure," she rolled her eyes. "Every time I think things are fine between us, you have to go and do something to mess it up!"

How does she manage to look like some goddess when she's mad at me? I blinked, suddenly distracted by the way she bit her lip in frustration.

"Last night, I thought everything was finally going alright," she continued rambling. "And I started doubting my own believes and ugh! You're so stupid, Cage, I didn't think you would do this over and over and over again!"

I wasn't even listening to what she was saying anymore.

She looked so pretty in her PARIS croptop and denim shorts, her hair pulled back with a cute fedora on her head. I realised that I was really going to miss her when we go back to our personal lives in our personal schools.

God, I liked her a lot. Was the word "like" even suitable? Did it even fit to the emotion I feel for her?

Maybe it wasn't just a crush. Maybe it was... love...?

I blinked suddenly. Oh my god. Holy shit. I didn't like Kirstin Angela Dawson. I think I freaking loved her.

"And that night under the stars, I actually thought you were something," she was still rambling, oblivious to the fact that I wasn't even listening to her. "I had all these stupid thoughts in my head, like maybe we could have been something? You know what I mean? No, you don't because you can't choose between two girls!"

I couldn't understand a word she was saying because my heart was still beating a little too quickly from my realisation. I was in love with her. Damn.

"And you don't help at all by being all cute and funny and all you're doing is playing with my stupid heart, and oh my god, I don't even know what I'm saying-"

"Kit," I said. "I think I-"

"Don't interrupt me, you asshole," she pressed her palm against her eyes and for a scary moment, I thought she was crying, but she wasn't. She was trembling slightly though, as if she was battling her own thoughts. I stared at her.

"Kitty-"

"Didn't I tell you to shut up?" she growled, throwing her hands up in the air. "See, I can't even talk to you anymore. I'm leaving, Cage, go away-"

I couldn't help it anymore. I had delayed this too far. Suddenly, I grabbed her arm and swinging her around. Her eyes widened in surprise as my hands slipped around her waist, pulling her towards me. Her hands had no where to go but to the nape of my neck.

I smiled a little crookedly when her eyes locked with mine. "So what I was trying to say was," I whispered against her lips. "That I think I'm kinda in love with you."

And the last thing I saw was her eyes widening slightly in surprise, before my eyes fluttered close and I was kissing her like there was no tomorrow.

Man, that was probably the stupidest but best decision of my entire life.

-x-

a/n:- HEY GUYS I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH

First of all, don't scream at me for updating like more than a month late, but I've been dealing with something called life and by the time I sorted out everything, I realized that it's way over time for an update. I know, this chapter's like tiny but i promise i'll give you a better one soon :D

and I probably won't update until 2016, and today's december 23rd (happy birthday to a special @priscella99) and my own birthday's on the 25th soooo yeah happy early birthday to me, I guess.

be safe guys xx

ilyall.

~harshita