23. "Kit l-o-v-e-s Cage!"

so i updated the cast yey

just check it out and temme if anything seems off.

kay happy reading.

-x-

"Are you freaking serious?!"

Gabby was pretty angry. Angry was actually the biggest understatement of the year, because she was furious. Absolutely infuriated, as I filled her on about Cage and Maya and the whole beach incident.

"I'm gonna KILL him," Gabby growled, as we lay on my hotel bed, around nine pm. "How dare he?!"

"Gabby, chill," I rolled my eyes, hugging her. "He's a boy. All boys are assholes."

"Well, that doesn't change the fact that-" Gabby was interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing and I reached over to see that Casson was calling back. I smiled, before taking the call.

"Hey hey hey," he said in a rush. "So I just asked the boys and they agreed to come to the party. We'll be there in an hour."

"That's great!" I grinned. "See you."

"Who was that?" Gabby asked curiously, as I put my phone down. I smirked. "Remember when I told you about the blondie Cage beat up? That's who."

"Casson? You're calling Casson over?!" Gabby sat up, suddenly, her eyes wide. "Isn't he the guy who basically sparked Cukit?"

"What the heck," I rolled my eyes for the millionth time. "Ew, Gabby, Cukit doesn't exist. Cage is a jerk."

"Really? Then why are you trying to make him jealous?" Gabby smirked, wiggling her eyebrows. I grimaced. "I'm not trying to make anybody jealous. I just want to maintain good relationships between everybody."

"Riiight," she nodded in an exaggerated way. "Oh come ON, Kit. Why are you so stubborn? You love Cage! You love Cage! You l-o-v-e Cage! HEY LISTEN UP WORLD! KIT LOVES CAGE!"

"Oh my god, shut up!" I groaned, attacking Gabby with a pillow, as she giggled and squealed uncontrollably. "I don't love him! Shut up!"

The hotel room door opened and Aleisha stood there looking beyond irritated. Gabby and I stared at each other. Had she heard?

Aleisha walked in, her fists clenched and eyes closed. She slammed the door shut, before turning to us both. "Get out," she growled to Gabby, who raised an eyebrow. "No."

"I need to talk to her," Aleisha glared, jabbing her thumb in my direction. "So leave."

"Whatever you want to say, you can share it with the both of us," I said, holding my head high and looking her straight in the eyes. She glared back- before suddenly, she sighed, blinking rapidly as a tear slipped down her cheek. "It's about Cage."

Gabby and I exchanged glances. "I'll leave," Gabby said with an understanding nod, and she gave me a concerned smile as she left the room. I looked up at Aleisha, who brushed her tears away.

"Kit, you need to make up with him," Aleisha said, her voice surprisingly weaker than her dominating character. "You have to. You can't let her take him back, Kit. You can't."

"What are you even talking about?" I sat up right, staring at her.

"Okay. I guess I need to start from the start," she sat down on the edge of the bed, glaring at her feet, avoiding eye contact. "You know the whole Cage and Maya story, right? How Maya cheated on Cage with Ender?"

"Oh my god," I said. "Hold up. Why is the name Ender so familiar?"

Ender, Ender, Ender. Where had I heard that name before?

And then it struck me, and I gasped. "Isn't he that life guard in the local park?"

Aleisha nodded. "You've got the right asshole. Anyways, yeah, so she cheated on him with Ender, and Cage and she broke up. He was really upset for a few months, and by upset, I mean really, really upset. Tanner and I did our best to cheer him up, we tried, but nothing was working. Cage was so darn depressed... and he even began to self harm."

"What?" I felt sick to the core. Suddenly, I didn't care if Cage was being a jerk to me or not. But Cage who cut his own wrists... that made me feel horrible. The beautiful happy boy that everybody saw, had a really dark past. He lost both parents and older sister in a car crash and now he only had his younger sister and aunt. And in the horrible period of his life when he lost half his family, his girlfriend cheated on him.

"Yeah. He wasn't okay for a long time, but slowly his life began to look up again. And then, you came in. You changed his entire world, Kit, and you probably don't realize it. You literally pulled him out of his state of depression."

"But he never seemed depressed in the beginning," I said slowly. "It doesn't make sense."

"Cage can put up a really good act," Aleisha replied. "He can do really dumb things to protect the people he loves. And I know about what happened on the beach between you two. And I think I owe you an explanation, because Cage is never gonna explain this to you."

"What do you mean?"

"Maya, she's the most popular girl in the school. The amount of power she holds- she can do anything with it. She's literally the queen bee. And when she wants something, she gets it."

The next time I see her, I swear I'm gonna punch her face in.

"So, she basically wants him back. Ever since she came back from L.A, she had her eye on him. And everybody expected Cage to crawl back to her, but when he didn't... she grew annoyed. And then, she found out that you existed. And she was so mad that she was probably ready to murder you. She wanted to ruin whatever you and Cage had going on in this trip, but when you two disappeared off yesterday, she was beyond infuriated."

"So when you guys came back, the first thing she did was grab hold of Cage. She tried to talk to him, try to tell him that you weren't perfect for him, and she was. Cage... he didn't... he didn't listen to her. He basically rejected her. And that made her even more annoyed. So Maya, basically made this whole master plan of humiliating you in front of both the schools."

"What was she planning to do?" I scoffed. "Steal all my underwear and throw it around the place?"

"I don't know, but when Maya hates someone, her plots against them always end up with someone's entire life being ruined. And you were, or are, her next victim."

"Why are you telling me all of this?" I looked up at Aleisha, confused.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not done yet. Cage found out about her plans on ruining you, so he basically tried to stop her. And she told him that she wouldn't stop unless he ended whatever you two had going on. So... that's why, he said all of that mean stuff to you on the beach."

"This is so complicated," I massaged my head, my heart beating fast. "What's wrong with the people in your school? Avon High is seriously messed up."

"I agree. Maya makes everybody's lives in our school hell," Aleisha shrugged. "And I'm telling you this because you make Cage happy. I love Cage a lot, and I want to see him happy. And the happiest I see him, is when he's with you."

I bit my lip. "So what do you want me to do?"

"Just don't do anything stupid like try to make him jealous," Aleisha said, pointedly. "Because I know Cage, and he gets so damn annoyed when another guy even looks at you. And if you're calling somebody he hates over to the party to get him even more annoyed, I'm warning you, the result's not gonna be pretty."

I took a deep breath. "I think it's too late. And you eavesdropper!"

Aleisha cracked a smile. "Well, let's just hope for the best."

-x-

this chapter has so much of explanation omg. and aleisha's not that bad, right? :D

so yeah, i hope everything in the previous chapters kinda clicked for you guys by now.

the next chapter's gonna be so exciting and i can't wait to write it lol. but i have to go to my music class now (*groans*)